Author Topic: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise  (Read 47418 times)

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

Re: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2017, 11:38:25 PM »
Brummie road ender and season ticket holder here. I love joining in with the singing and chanting and would look forward to a better atmosphere down the Brummie. Fans down this end need to get together and make an effort to get this stand noisy again.

This

Do you know what Tegga?

Speaking as a die hard Smethwick Ender I'd absolutely love it if the Brummie were to take off again.

For me the Smeth's had a damned good go for the last twenty odd years but while we have the effort we just don't have the numbers.

To my mind the Brummie is the spiritual home and traditional heartbeat of the Albion.

If you can get that roar going again then fantastic and all good with me fella.

COYB  8) .

and this.

This is exactly what we need, If both ends of the ground can get the "heartbeat" going again then the gaps in the middle on the East and West stands will sort themselves out too. I know we are capable of doing this, we just have to be willing to get the positivity going again in the ground!

COYB!
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2017, 08:00:25 AM »
I (before my self-imposed absence during the Pulis era) normally sit in the Millenium Corner and I was in there again against Newcastle. I genuinely think that on its day, that section is the best to be in - local derbies especially. Perhaps a few like-minded fans (chanters and banterers) could try to create some sort of singing section in he MC?

Also, I just think we need better songs. Our chants are often taken from other teams - where is our originality. Some of the best chants I have heard on my travels are often quite random - Palace - Glad all over; Coventry - Twist and shout; Port Vale - The Wonder of you...Could we perhaps adopt a club song too?
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2017, 11:04:19 AM »
I (before my self-imposed absence during the Pulis era) normally sit in the Millenium Corner and I was in there again against Newcastle. I genuinely think that on its day, that section is the best to be in - local derbies especially. Perhaps a few like-minded fans (chanters and banterers) could try to create some sort of singing section in he MC?

Also, I just think we need better songs. Our chants are often taken from other teams - where is our originality. Some of the best chants I have heard on my travels are often quite random - Palace - Glad all over; Coventry - Twist and shout; Port Vale - The Wonder of you...Could we perhaps adopt a club song too?
The Lord's my shepherd is our song, and you won't get anything more original.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »
BE AFRAID GUYS !!!!!!  ***

The Palace Ultras are a coming................

;D ;D ;D
*** Er, or maybe not !
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:02:48 PM by OldburyWBA »
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »

TLIMS is and always will be "our" song, but it doesnt hurt to get a more upbeat and catchy alternative for us to get some excitement in the crowd eh?

I'm in an optimistic mood today and i'm really looking forward to the game and making some noise. I have not had this feeling for years - certainly not since Pulisball began!

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2017, 01:29:21 PM »

Not the best for atheists like myself, but I take your point.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2017, 01:33:24 PM »
Wouldn't it be up to the Albion fans Forum to bring it up at meetings with the club over the over zealous stewardship . So we could get some atmosphere going in the Brummie COYB !!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
I see Pardew gave us in the Smethwick a clap during the game for getting behind the lads.

Improved atmosphere, could hear singing from the brummie too. Shame there's not actually much to shout about at the moment.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2017, 10:10:41 PM »
Standing being responded to by being shoved.
Standing being responded to by ejection from ground
When the "lads" tried to mass to get some atmosphere going they were not allowed to because they were not in nominated seats.
General belligerence and "attitude" being confrontational

I was sat in the East Stand and was looking towards the right side of the Brummie on the odd occasion and could only see two stewards at the top of each gangway and did see "lads" standing with no invention from any stewards.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »
I was sat in the East Stand and was looking towards the right side of the Brummie on the odd occasion and could only see two stewards at the top of each gangway and did see "lads" standing with no invention from any stewards.

There are some "senior" stewards who make a point of standing down in the gangway and pointing to others to get them to sit down, happened today as well.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »
There are some "senior" stewards who make a point of standing down in the gangway and pointing to others to get them to sit down, happened today as well.

Only commenting on what I saw mate, and as I said I was sitting on the East Stand and was looking to the back of the Right hand side of the Brummie where I believe there is a little singing section. It will be bought up at the next meeting of the Assembly.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
Only commenting on what I saw mate, and as I said I was sitting on the East Stand and was looking to the back of the Right hand side of the Brummie where I believe there is a little singing section. It will be bought up at the next meeting of the Assembly.

Yeah I know mate, I sit a few rows up in the "upper" part that side and theres always stewards walking around, looking up at that corner. I think if it was left to the 2 stewards up there then there would be no issues.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2017, 10:54:43 AM »
Did the people that moved in the Brummie for the Bomber Squad move back when that ended?

He/him

chris-wba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2018, 05:52:47 PM »
Thought the atmosphere was brilliant in the Smethwick yesterday. Reminded me of the promotion season in the Championship under Tony Mowbray, when we would sing a particular song relentlessly (winning or losing).

Found a video on my old phone from the Cardiff match, 3-1 down at the start of the video and came back to win 3-3. Great fun.

Terrible quality but you get the idea   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xeqKouYCQ

tennant1wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8V8enE8gA 

we were bottom league at christmas this year what a day that was
we all hate wolves scum 💩

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2018, 11:22:40 AM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/january/pardews-message-in-award-winning-programme/

Seems relevant to post this here  ;D Pardew's "Call to Arms" that's in tomorrow's programme.

Let's face it, the match tomorrow is pretty much make or break for our season now... we cannot lose and we need to make sure we get behind the lads during the game and stay with them throughout!

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »
Is the clappers rumour true? IF so might as well delete this thread. Embarrassment.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2018, 11:40:23 AM »
Is the clappers rumour true? IF so might as well delete this thread. Embarrassment.

Not seen anything about any clappers, where you seen that? If it is true, then why do you think it is an embarrassment for the club to attempt to inject some more atmosphere in the ground? i'd like to understand why you think that?

Are you more of a vuvuzela man?  :P
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:42:39 AM by Dan87uk »

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »
Not seen anything about any clappers, where you seen that? If it is true, then why do you think it is an embarrassment for the club to attempt to inject some more atmosphere in the ground? i'd like to understand why you think that?

Because they're pathetic in my opinion. Inject atmosphere? Plastic, fake, no emotion. Half our fans will love, half will hurl them onto the pitch. Yet more things for fans to disagree on.

Apparently it was mentioned at the Albion assembly?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2018, 11:48:56 AM »
Agree clappers is small time, we're a traditional club, the fans either generate the noise or they don't, an artificial atmosphere is just that...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2018, 12:02:14 PM »
Agree clappers is small time, we're a traditional club, the fans either generate the noise or they don't, an artificial atmosphere is just that...

I'm not saying that clappers are the right answer, i'd rather the noise be made by us in the first instance too and i'm sure there will be some that are just annoyed by the sound of them, but I don't mind the club at least acknowledging and attempting to help the atmosphere improve from the sometimes abysmally silent "can hear a pin drop" lack of noise from the crowd at times during our games.

It's definitely improved overall since Pulis left thankfully, but I don't walk into or away from our ground thinking wow, the crowd is/was amazing today, at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:24:42 PM by Dan87uk »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »
Clappers  :-\ :-X

Absolutely not......embarrassing

Just give us something to shout about on the pitch and the atmosphere will bring itself

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2018, 12:30:40 PM »
If there's a clapper on my seat tomorrow it's going straight on the pitch  >:(

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2018, 01:27:55 PM »
If there are clappers I hope we follow the Blues' example from when they tried it there.  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »
Saw these at Norwich and Leicester, they were embarrassing
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!