Author Topic: 7 Apr 2018 Albion 1 Swansea City 1  (Read 29542 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: East Stand Handbags
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2018, 08:06:06 AM »
Don't mess with the East Stand! We are Albion!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »
What a game!

Albion for the most part playing total football in the middle of the pitch. Intricate triangular passing coupled with sublime movement left Swansea kicking thin air. Every time Dawson and Hegazi put their foot on the ball there were two, three and often four passes available to them.

Livermore was assured at the heart of the midfield, demanding the ball from the centre backs and using his natural positional ability to intelligently break up play before calmly dinking delightful passes to Brunt and Phillips.

As the game developed he sat back in his even more comfortable Quarter Back role, spraying inch perfect diagonal balls down the channels to the ever onrushing Nyom and Gibbs.

McClean, this season's revelation, showed why he is the fans' front runner for Player Of The Season by using his coordinated pressing game to split the Swansea midfield pairing on numerous occasions, creating space for the ever-present Rodriguez.

However my man of the match must go to Kieran Gibbs. His engine reminiscent of a young Lothar Matthaus coupled with that sweet Roberto Carlos left foot proved just why Gareth Southgate must take him to the World Cup this year.

A breathtaking advertisement for the premier league.

A nice haul in the keepnet.

DW take note...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: The Vine
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2018, 08:42:03 AM »
From where I park I use the Royal Oak, some good banter with the away fans.......
MAGA!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2018, 09:29:55 AM »
Err because it is a great pub serving good beer and great food?  (usually Bathams on tap, if not one of the few places that does it by the bottle). Challenge is it is a bit of a victim of its own success and is well flagged on opposition websites as the place to go prior to the match.  Most away fans are good but some get a little abusive.  Few problems with Stoke last year as I recall.
Its WM police who direct them to the Vine , gave up on the place last season for that and a couple of other reasons as nice as it is inside.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2018, 10:09:50 AM »
I was amazed how Swansea stood off us and put us under no pressure at all except for when they went 1 down. Thought they would have targeted a win yesterday. Jordan Ayew has been the one to fire them when they have played well this year and Andre didn't seem to have the same effect.
We seem to have forgotten that we are allowed to advance with the ball when there's space in front of us. It was an OK performance but a game we should have won given how sleepy Swansea were.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
Absolutely zero improvement on last week's shambles, arguably even worse when you consider how negative Swansea were for large periods of the game too. I thought we might have seen a noticeable increase in effort and commitment if nothing else but there was nothing yet again. It was an appalling game, two terrible sides, my mate was nodding off during the first half, I was reluctant to ruin his nap and make him suffer like the rest of us. I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of any of this lot. Highlight of the day was seeing Super Bob in attendance and seemingly in good spirits. From my seat on the back row in the Halford's Corner, Tony Brown is a regular in the lounge directly behind me. It saddens me so much to have noticed him looking completely fed up and uninterested for the last couple of games. Just what must he be thinking?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
It happened in the top tier just in front of the executive boxes. 4 fans thrown out for a bit of handbags at dawn and these were thrown out by stewards and from what I could hear was it was on the say so of the police in the control box after viewing the evidence. These were not kids by the way.

Heard one fan, who I seen at the games for many many years say he would never step inside the Hawthorns again after be shown the door.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2018, 11:04:05 AM »
What a game!

Albion for the most part playing total football in the middle of the pitch. Intricate triangular passing coupled with sublime movement left Swansea kicking thin air. Every time Dawson and Hegazi put their foot on the ball there were two, three and often four passes available to them.

Livermore was assured at the heart of the midfield, demanding the ball from the centre backs and using his natural positional ability to intelligently break up play before calmly dinking delightful passes to Brunt and Phillips.

As the game developed he sat back in his even more comfortable Quarter Back role, spraying inch perfect diagonal balls down the channels to the ever onrushing Nyom and Gibbs.

McClean, this season's revelation, showed why he is the fans' front runner for Player Of The Season by using his coordinated pressing game to split the Swansea midfield pairing on numerous occasions, creating space for the ever-present Rodriguez.

However my man of the match must go to Kieran Gibbs. His engine reminiscent of a young Lothar Matthaus coupled with that sweet Roberto Carlos left foot proved just why Gareth Southgate must take him to the World Cup this year.

A breathtaking advertisement for the premier league.

And his next fictional book will be on Albion winning the Champions League.  ;) ;D
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »
A step closer to the end of this miserable season.

The rot was stopped because Swansea treated us as Man City. Cannot understand why Carvalhal set them up so negatively but it does not surprise me. Plenty of sideways passing from both but still severely lacking in quality.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »
Always use The Sportsman. The tikka is superb.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »
It was a very sorry advertisement for Premier League football. While I'm familiar with our shortcomings I was truly shocked as to the depths that Swansea had sunk to it was like watching a Pulis side.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2018, 04:11:07 PM »
It was a very sorry advertisement for Premier League football. While I'm familiar with our shortcomings I was truly shocked as to the depths that Swansea had sunk to it was like watching a Pulis side.
Yes it wasn't the Best at least Goals were Scored The Worst Game of The Premier League was Probably The Merseyside Derby and While at Times We looked Boring We Weren't playing Pullisball Hoofing Up the Pitch We Had Possession and Defended Well until Brunt f*****d up with his clearance and We played with Intent.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:11:38 PM by OldburyWBA »
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »
In the lower section of the East Stand you are quite close to the Executive boxes, and if you get slightly inebriated people in the box from the away side celebrating goals it does get a bit tense.  Saw the police come down but did not see the start.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2018, 08:34:39 PM »
It happened in the top tier just in front of the executive boxes. 4 fans thrown out for a bit of handbags at dawn and these were thrown out by stewards and from what I could hear was it was on the say so of the police in the control box after viewing the evidence. These were not kids by the way.

Heard one fan, who I seen at the games for many many years say he would never step inside the Hawthorns again after be shown the door.

If you are shown the door it's with good reason. They don't just throw paying fans out for the fun of it. If the fan you know of has their at*e in their hands after being shown the door then so be it.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2018, 08:35:28 PM »
Always use The Sportsman. The tikka is superb.

Totally agree with this and it's not long been renovated so it's much better than the vine which in my opinion is a dump.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2018, 10:09:14 PM »
Totally agree with this and it's not long been renovated so it's much better than the vine which in my opinion is a dump.
A Dump ? , not my choice but it isn't a dump mate.
You haven't been in many pubs if you think thats a dump unless its fallen to pieces in the last 12 months since I went in.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2018, 09:35:38 AM »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2018, 08:38:50 PM »
Here's a reminder......... watch it to the end  ;D  ;) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFtbiFgaAiM
Love it Dan.
Chadli's agents now touting him around because he does not want to play for us in the Championship.
Poor thing
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride