Author Topic: 6 Jan 2018 Exeter City 0 Albion 2 (FAC 3)  (Read 108043 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #600 on: January 08, 2018, 10:19:37 AM »
Pardew can't put the bloody thing in the net for them though,just the same as with Pulis.more chances are equalling more misses with the forwards totally culpable

The only player who missed a presentable chance(s) is Kanu who Pardew has made a mainstay of the side as opposed to the bit part player he should be and was under the previous regime.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #601 on: January 08, 2018, 10:39:25 AM »

The only player who missed a presentable chance(s) is Kanu who Pardew has made a mainstay of the side as opposed to the bit part player he should be and was under the previous regime.
Go back before Exeter,Rondon has fluffed at least 3 golden chances prior to that

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #602 on: January 08, 2018, 10:50:25 AM »
Go back before Exeter,Rondon has fluffed at least 3 golden chances prior to that

This is the aftermatch debate of the Exeter game...

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #603 on: January 08, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »

This is the aftermatch debate of the Exeter game...
Its still pertinent to why we ain't scoring goals.because we miss so many chanced

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #604 on: January 08, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
A good solid performance for most of the first half, took our foot off the gas in the 2nd and allowed Exeter to have some possession without really causing us any problems. Might have been more nerve wracking had Stockley (?)put away the gift from Foster on half time.

Thought Rondon played well in the supporting role to Rodriguez.

Thought everyone played well first half except Robson-Kanu, couldn't understand why Pardew brought him; on as others have said surely it would have been better to have brought Burke on.

There was a rumour going round at half time that Pardew had told Robson-Kanu to take the penalty, Rodriguez definitely had the ball in his hands at first. Terrible penalty.

A much needed win and lets not forget we did have 2 goals ruled out (rightly) for handball and offside as well as missing the penalty.

Good to see McAuley get some game time and he looked like he'd never been away.

Wish the drummer would give it a ****ing rest though!

You don't have to sit next to him every week!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: January 09, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »
You don't have to sit next to him every week!

You have my sympathies!

I know he's trying to get the songs going and I do think it helps but there were times on Saturday when it was just plain annoying!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #606 on: January 09, 2018, 01:05:22 PM »
You have my sympathies!

I know he's trying to get the songs going and I do think it helps but there were times on Saturday when it was just plain annoying!

A bit off topic but I also don't think it helps when we're taking corners/freekicks and he starts the 'slow clap' sort of thing. Heaps pressure on the taker and makes us look a bit silly when it ends up in row z or not beating the first man

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #607 on: January 12, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/01/12/alan-pardew-west-brom-cant-afford-lovely-gestures-like-salomon-rondons-in-the-fa-cup/

today AP revealed what happened with the PK. Rodriguez was supposed to take it but:

"Salomon thought it would be a good idea for the confidence of the team if Hal took it and scored, because Salomon and Jay had already scored. And that was actually a lovely gesture by him, not the gesture I wanted him to make by the way. But I can understand why he did it where we are, and in the context of the game, we were 2-0 up. Of course we missed it and Exeter hit the post two minutes later, it gives you an example of when we do things we need to do things right. We can't afford to have sentiment on the pitch, as much as it was a good sentiment."

I disagree with AP's take on this, reads like second-guessing to me due to the result. To me this was leadership from Rondon to act this way and the fault goes to HRK for such poor execution on the PK. I believe out of everyone on the pitch strikers should be able to take PKs comfortable, as after all shooting/finishing is supposed to be one of their main traits. It's not like Rondon said "let's give Hegazi a go on this one".

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #608 on: January 12, 2018, 05:14:28 PM »
If there is a designated penalty taker you stick to it. It's not for Rondon to decide who takes what. He isn't/wasn't captain.

You call it leadership, I call it ignoring the chain of command
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #609 on: January 12, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
Leaders on the pitch are important in any team. I would have thought we were well endowed. Foster, Evans, Barry and Brunt are all natural leaders. Maybe even Dawson and Morrison.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #610 on: January 12, 2018, 06:12:38 PM »
Sounds to me like he's got wind of all the criticism of Kanu and is now spinning it, but whatever.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #611 on: January 12, 2018, 06:12:57 PM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/01/12/alan-pardew-west-brom-cant-afford-lovely-gestures-like-salomon-rondons-in-the-fa-cup/

today AP revealed what happened with the PK. Rodriguez was supposed to take it but:

"Salomon thought it would be a good idea for the confidence of the team if Hal took it and scored, because Salomon and Jay had already scored. And that was actually a lovely gesture by him, not the gesture I wanted him to make by the way. But I can understand why he did it where we are, and in the context of the game, we were 2-0 up. Of course we missed it and Exeter hit the post two minutes later, it gives you an example of when we do things we need to do things right. We can't afford to have sentiment on the pitch, as much as it was a good sentiment."

I disagree with AP's take on this, reads like second-guessing to me due to the result. To me this was leadership from Rondon to act this way and the fault goes to HRK for such poor execution on the PK. I believe out of everyone on the pitch strikers should be able to take PKs comfortable, as after all shooting/finishing is supposed to be one of their main traits. It's not like Rondon said "let's give Hegazi a go on this one".
Not leadership from Rondon at all it's called sticking your nose where it ain't wanted, he is not the Manager not the captain and should stick to what the Manager as told him, and that is Rodriguez is to take the penalties.At the end if the day the club is more important than any individual.