Author Topic: Aussie members  (Read 4032 times)

swad35

• Youth Baggie

Aussie members
« on: August 09, 2019, 06:44:49 AM »
Any guys based in the land down under use Ifollow? Just wanted to get your views, was considering Bein sports but games are abit random.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Aussie members
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 08:17:35 AM »
I use iFollows in Spain mostly but have used it a couple of times is Ozzie and it has worked fine. You're guaranteed Albion games with iFollows  :D

However, with iFollows there are no replays of actions like goals, fouls or penalty decisions,you have to depend on the commentators, who are Albion fans to describe incidents. Hope this helps
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:27:35 AM »
You can manually rewind the stream a bit on iFollow though for a replay.

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 09:07:15 AM »
Used it last season. It’s a bit meh, no replays and camerawork is like my child is using the thing, plus commentary is tediously like 2 blokes discussing the Albion over a pint down the pub. $9 a game isn’t bad, don’t be tempted to sign up with them for the season as we are on Be in Sports a lot, plus they automatically renew on 1 July ( which I found out this year and had to fight for a refund.)

All in all it’s great to have as an overseas exiled Baggie but do not expect Sky Sports/ Foxtel quality

Baggie Down Under 🙃

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:11:53 AM »
You can manually rewind the stream a bit on iFollow though for a replay.

That's interesting, can you explain how to do that and do you miss any live action or do you time lapse (I think that's what it's called)  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:05 AM »
Thanks guys going to try the $9 game see how that goes.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 09:21:02 AM »
Hopefully i'll be an Aussie member next year! Still an English one at the mo!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 09:47:16 AM »
Hopefully i'll be an Aussie member next year! Still an English one at the mo!
All the best with it mate. Takes some doing but well worth it. PM me if you ever need any advice or assistance
Baggie Down Under 🙃

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »
ifollow should be made availble for folk whoo live away from the area
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 10:01:58 AM »
I think i read there are now four cameras and replays this season although some teams did have that last season , Norwich being one.
There was also a rule about not being on ifollow if being shown on Sky or picked as the nominated 3pm on the Saturday , not sure if its the same this season. Suspect under Bilic we'll be moved a lot for Sky.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 10:35:06 AM »
That's interesting, can you explain how to do that and do you miss any live action or do you time lapse (I think that's what it's called)  :D

Yeah, it's just time lapse, you can drag the slider for the time back a bit, you have to do it 'just enough' though.  There's usually enough time with all the goal celebrations to be able to see the interesting bit .  Once finished just whack the slider back up to go back to 'current' time.

@Dexy, dunno about the cameras but the same rules apply I think regarding what they show.  If the game is picked up for live broadcast (like on Sky) then you can't get it on iFollow.  If you're in the UK then Saturday 3pm kick offs are not available.  If you're outside the UK, then 3pm kick offs are available. 

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 10:38:08 AM »
Yeah, it's just time lapse, you can drag the slider for the time back a bit, you have to do it 'just enough' though.  There's usually enough time with all the goal celebrations to be able to see the interesting bit .  Once finished just whack the slider back up to go back to 'current' time.

@Dexy, dunno about the cameras but the same rules apply I think regarding what they show.  If the game is picked up for live broadcast (like on Sky) then you can't get it on iFollow.  If you're in the UK then Saturday 3pm kick offs are not available.  If you're outside the UK, then 3pm kick offs are available.
Had access last year , figured the Sky rule woulx stand. It's not too bad for the price .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 11:13:46 AM »
All the best with it mate. Takes some doing but well worth it. PM me if you ever need any advice or assistance

Hey thanks. Already gone through almost the entire process. Just waiting for case officer contact and the final stages. Done it through an agent so hopefully there’ll be no snags.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 11:15:26 AM »
Multiple cameras at all games announced on Quest who use same pictures as ifollow.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »
I use iFollow for part of the year when I'm in Germany. The main problem is, they don't show live games on Sky or BT, and given the number of live games last season, you are almost better off with Sky Sports (aside from Sky's exorbitant charges).
The otehr thing is the commentaries. If they've got the 2 Albion guys, its okay, but for some away matches you've got a commentator who obviously has no clue about our players. You get comments like, 'that was a good tackle by the Albion defender'.
Still, maybe better than listening to Don Goodman on Sky, (always seems to be him) although to be fair, I thought he was unbiased during the Forest commentary.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »

Thanks for that, will try it out next time I use it
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 12:47:57 AM »
Used ifollow last night to watch the game, cost $9 good cameras, commentary was good, local commentator with an ex baggies player, only issue slight delay but I think that was more my internet and me messing with the rewind. I will def used it again only one offs though not season pass. In Aus bein sports is worth getting for September lots of TV games, so I will flick between the 2.

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 03:28:17 AM »
Used ifollow last night to watch the game, cost $9 good cameras, commentary was good, local commentator with an ex baggies player, only issue slight delay but I think that was more my internet and me messing with the rewind. I will def used it again only one offs though not season pass. In Aus bein sports is worth getting for September lots of TV games, so I will flick between the 2.
Pretty much what I’ve decided to do this season. We are and will be on BeIn Sports a lot this year so the iFollow season pass isn’t worth it.
On the plus side from yesterday’s game were the replays and additional cameras that were not part of the set up last season. Much better (although camerawork still a bit amateurish).
Negative was that the commentary was ahead of the stream so had to turn it down, which took away the atmosphere. Other Oz Baggies in different states were having the same issue too, so it was not a local internet speed issue. Hopefully a one off and is sorted soon.
Baggie Down Under 🙃

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 05:02:30 AM »
Pretty much what I’ve decided to do this season. We are and will be on BeIn Sports a lot this year so the iFollow season pass isn’t worth it.
On the plus side from yesterday’s game were the replays and additional cameras that were not part of the set up last season. Much better (although camerawork still a bit amateurish).
Negative was that the commentary was ahead of the stream so had to turn it down, which took away the atmosphere. Other Oz Baggies in different states were having the same issue too, so it was not a local internet speed issue. Hopefully a one off and is sorted soon.

Yeah saw that on the Oz baggies Facebook group, like you say hopefully will be sorted soon but in general was impressed
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:53:14 AM by B_H_Baggie »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 01:13:15 PM »

I had the same problem on iFollow in Germany. Commentary was about 30 seconds ahead, which completly spoiled it for me, so I ended up turning off the sound completly.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »
Is it snowing near any of you guys down there?  ???  :o

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160846789567766530
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 11:02:34 PM »
It’s a strange country so many different climates. I live in Western Australia and spent a lot of the winter up north WA in the tropics/desert and then down south for the summer (milder) 23 plus. When I first saw snow here I couldn’t believe it, but it’ happens nearly every year. Now the hail here is bloody hard. About 5 years ago there was a hail storm in Perth WA where my car was written off through hail damage, lasted about 15 minutes. Car yards lost millions, still see cars now driving around with massive dents on the roofs which people bought for half price. A country of extremes.