Author Topic: Premier League Survival.  (Read 22506 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Premier League Survival.
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2020, 09:40:33 PM »
Fulham have done some business the fight for 19th has intensified. Unless we are going to go through the free agent list we are in a mess. Clyne and pato stood out otherwise everybody wrong side of 33 or pants
O Albion we love you

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2020, 09:41:57 PM »
I was always of the opinion this season would be difficult, I now believe relegation is inevitable.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2020, 09:43:17 PM »
Burnley seem to be imploding in the same manner as us, so i believe it's us or them for 20th with the other side 19th then i think it's between Fulham, Sheff Utd and West Ham for the other relegation place.

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »
Does anyone have the same fear as me which is not winning a single Premier League game this year?

I just don’t see this team seeing a game out.

Can’t believe the situation we are in, would love to know our financial position.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2020, 09:45:36 PM »
Next game is Burnley at home. What a 6 pointer that is already!

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2020, 09:54:42 PM »
Next game is Burnley at home. What a 6 pointer that is already!

And theyve got J Rod, Wood and Vydra

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2020, 09:57:42 PM »

and we have.... oh damn

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2020, 10:00:12 PM »

Oooft that hurts doesn’t it.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2020, 12:02:13 AM »
This team is going down. Just look at the evidence of the past nine months. How much more does anyone need?

No amount of formation changes or tactical changes will make any significant difference. You have to have enough quality to have a chance, and we simply don’t. Suggestions otherwise are wishful thinking.

The strategy is simple. Hope to stay up on the cheap because you can invest ££££m and still go go down. If relegated, aim to get back up quickly to get EPL money.

Rinse and repeat.

It’s desperate for fans. But that’s what this club is, and that’s the limit of its horizons.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2020, 01:08:26 AM »
Not convinced grant is enough anyway...
Would prefer josh king from Bournemouth.

We are going to struggle to break 20 points this season. The only comfort I take is we are still in transition and have the option on numerous squad members next summer.

The issue is we have a rebuild again and we could be without diangana or periera or possibly both in the championship...
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2020, 03:34:41 AM »
Not convinced grant is enough anyway...
Would prefer josh king from Bournemouth.

We are going to struggle to break 20 points this season. The only comfort I take is we are still in transition and have the option on numerous squad members next summer.

The issue is we have a rebuild again and we could be without diangana or periera or possibly both in the championship...

That could be a good thing though. Rebuild and play a way that is more suitable for PL newcomers. Pereira and Diangana will bring in a lot of money and wouldn't necessarily be required in a more pragmatic set up.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2020, 04:03:32 AM »
The aim should be to not lose to the dingles and the seals. And try and get rid of some of the deadwood next summer or before. If we can retain periera and diangana in championship and build again then so be it
O Albion we love you

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2020, 06:30:48 AM »

Premier League Survival ?
No chance.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2020, 06:40:53 AM »
The aim should be to not lose to the dingles and the seals. And try and get rid of some of the deadwood next summer or before. If we can retain periera and diangana in championship and build again then so be it
:( Wont be able to keep them when we go down will be snaffled up by the "Big Boys" for 30 mill each...which should just about pay Lai back his 200 mill he paid for us with this and the 170 mill for going up this year.......unfortunately future not bright :(

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2020, 06:56:24 AM »
Put all sharp objects away, you lot should be no where near them.
This was never going to be easy, we knew we were short in several areas, enjoy the ride or bring back Pulis.
Baggie in Southampton

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2020, 07:31:24 AM »
:( Wont be able to keep them when we go down will be snaffled up by the "Big Boys" for 30 mill each...which should just about pay Lai back his 200 mill he paid for us with this and the 170 mill for going up this year.......unfortunately future not bright :(

Perhaps but its going to take some big bids and who knows the state of world football finance if there still no vaccine and behind closed doors football..
O Albion we love you

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2020, 07:35:51 AM »
I have never felt so deflated about our chances of survival at this time time of the season... inevitable!
What a horrible owner we have, the worst in the Prem

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2020, 07:39:27 AM »

They are our cup finals now. If wr come out relatively unscathed I might end up believing there is a God again 😂
Boing Boing

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2020, 07:49:34 AM »
fingers crossed we beat Derbys points tally
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2020, 08:06:10 AM »
:( Wont be able to keep them when we go down will be snaffled up by the "Big Boys" for 30 mill each...

That's the way forward though that would be great for us. If we approach things correctly, bringing a few players especially using the loan market to get us promoted again we could go into the PL next time with 70 or 80 million to spend. That's when you add that bit of quality to keep us up.

It would need a more pragmatic way of playing though and that's not Bilic's way. It might be worth retaining Bilic for a while because although it wont be great for us results wise, Bilic's  way shows Pereira in particular to his best effect. Showcase his talents and drive the price up.

I would replace Bilic with a different type of head coach maybe in January. It does depend how unbearable things get in the meantime though.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2020, 08:11:01 AM »
I'm not giving up yet, we have the ability to score goals and as long as we can get a decent target man in there's no reason we can't win 10 games.

(puts on tin hat and hides behind sofa)

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2020, 08:41:23 AM »
 I can't believe with 4 games to go last season it was nip and tuck between us and Leeds for the championship title.
Leeds had 10 starters from that championship team start against Man City only the central defender who replaced Ben White was new.
How come they are competing in games when we already look like relegation fodder?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2020, 08:43:56 AM »
 Leeds have spent 100m tbf

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2020, 08:44:26 AM »
Far from giving up. I think that if Slav can get the right target man up front and they link up well with Diangana, Periera etc then we will have more than a fighting chance, but that is entirely down to the plans and ambitions of our esteemed owners..
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2020, 08:48:02 AM »
I can't believe with 4 games to go last season it was nip and tuck between us and Leeds for the championship title.
Leeds had 10 starters from that championship team start against Man City only the central defender who replaced Ben White was new.
How come they are competing in games when we already look like relegation fodder?

Leeds are full of energy and I mean full of energy. They play an aggressive fast paced style. Completely different from us.

They have started well but the season lasts 38 games. Let's see where they are a bit further down the line.