Author Topic: We are going down ?  (Read 79192 times)

Nocky

• WBA Coach

Re: We are going down ?
« Reply #425 on: May 04, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
This season had relegation written all over it with all the on and off field problems we've had. The positive for me is that we've somehow managed to stay up despite all this. This summer is absolutely massive for us. Get it wrong like we did last summer and I don't think we will get over the line.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #426 on: May 04, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »
Didn't enjoy listening to the last 20 with Redmond on the pitch... but is he one for us maybe??

Safe now, can look forward to next season... more of the same, I expect!

One other thought, do we thank Steve Clarke just a little bit for the dour displays that at least kept our GD down??
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:23:36 PM by mulliganstired »

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #427 on: May 04, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »
Still buzzing.. the stress from the last few weeks was unbearable. Glad its as good as over now, I hope we are not going to be in the same position next season.. going to the last few games.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:53:44 PM by addy »

gurnbaggy

• Site Donator
  • WBA Newbie

« Reply #428 on: May 04, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »
Still buzzing.. the stress from the last few weeks was unbearable. Glad its as good as over now, I hope we are not going to be in the same position next season.. going to the last few games.
leave it out !!! If you wanted an easy life you wouldn't follow the baggies  ;D
Better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to speak and prove it.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2014, 09:26:54 AM »
This season had relegation written all over it with all the on and off field problems we've had. The positive for me is that we've somehow managed to stay up despite all this. This summer is absolutely massive for us. Get it wrong like we did last summer and I don't think we will get over the line.

That is so true. From day one we looked a clueless, toothless team and we have to grateful that we did just about survive.

As I've said many times, I'm a fan of Pepe, and I hope that now JP will back him, Pepe will stay and next season we see a return to attractive, attacking, winning ways.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2014, 09:40:21 AM »
I actually think Downing and Kiely deserve some credit for getting those vital 6 points over our traditionally bad Christmas period , a good effort considering a few our of squad didn't seem to like the Clarke sacking.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2014, 09:41:32 AM »
More relieved than happy we stayed up as this season has generally been a mess.
We should have done much better both on and off the pitch.
That said, I always thougth we would have enough BUT this club of ours like to put us through it.
The moments I wavered:

Cardiff away - sat on the coach outside the ground thinking we could drop the way Clarke has us sent up after a dire negative performance.
Fulham at home - so poor against a side destined to drop that probably outplayed us on the day.
Cardiff home - Shocking double throw away after some great attacking play in parts against very poor opponents.
Spurs home - brilliant start BUT most of us never felt easy at three up and then to fail to hold on so late on yet again felt totally deflated as a major opportunity went begging.

Still, let's hope Peace and Co. have learnt valuable lessons as they dissect want went on, not just last season BUT since the start of 2013 when the real rot set.
We now have another chance and have another season of extraordinary money flowing into the Club - lets hope we can start to move forward again.
Heres to mid-table mediocrity but playing decent attacking football next season!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:06:25 AM by AlbionBest »
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2014, 10:08:47 AM »
I actually think Downing and Kiely deserve some credit for getting those vital 6 points over our traditionally bad Christmas period , a good effort considering a few our of squad didn't seem to like the Clarke sacking.

True and I think they were given credit at the time but going forward we needed a new head coach with fresh ideas to move us on.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #433 on: May 06, 2014, 11:39:21 AM »
So if we conceed say 6 tomorrow and another 6 on sunday how many would Norwich need to beat Arsenal :D
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #434 on: May 06, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »
So if we conceed say 6 tomorrow and another 6 on sunday how many would Norwich need to beat Arsenal :D

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #435 on: May 06, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #436 on: May 06, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »
still a tall order then

Ever so slightly  :)
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.