Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2379082 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #14550 on: March 13, 2024, 09:23:13 PM »
3-3  :o

Cursed it for Luton, sorry guys :D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14551 on: March 13, 2024, 09:23:40 PM »
4-3 Bournemouth now, incredible

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14552 on: March 13, 2024, 09:40:08 PM »
Luton remind me a lot of Ian Holloway's Blackpool. Plenty of spirit and goals but low on quality and can't defend very well. Entertaining nonetheless and due to a Forest points deduction they may stay up.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14553 on: March 14, 2024, 09:18:24 PM »
That scoreline reminded me of when we beat West Ham 3:4 after being 3 down.

Whatever happens to Luton  they have surpassed expectations and I hope some else takes dinge Edwards if we're in the same division next season.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14554 on: March 18, 2024, 03:17:33 PM »
Notts Forest docked 4 points, they take Lutons place in the relegation zone.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14555 on: March 18, 2024, 03:57:21 PM »

I haven't paid too much attention to it but I was under the impression it would be at least 6 points? It makes the late equaliser at the weekend even more important now.

Interestingly, if Burnley won their next game then they could just be 1 win away from safety which shows just how poor it is down there. I guess that's often how relegation battles go in terms of low points but they've been dead for the entire season up until now.

It says that Forest can also appeal which is another thing to consider. Theoretically they could be relegated then saved by the addition of a point or two. Seems stupid to me.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14556 on: March 18, 2024, 08:05:01 PM »
I haven't paid too much attention to it but I was under the impression it would be at least 6 points? It makes the late equaliser at the weekend even more important now.

Interestingly, if Burnley won their next game then they could just be 1 win away from safety which shows just how poor it is down there. I guess that's often how relegation battles go in terms of low points but they've been dead for the entire season up until now.

It says that Forest can also appeal which is another thing to consider. Theoretically they could be relegated then saved by the addition of a point or two. Seems stupid to me.

I agree it does seem a total shambles. If it sticks and nothing changes and Forest go down they are going to have a very busy summer  ;D

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14557 on: March 18, 2024, 10:52:44 PM »
It still stinks that the "Big Boys" are looked after. (Man Chity, eg).

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14558 on: March 19, 2024, 07:47:48 AM »

Without having looked into things in great detail four points would seem very lenient on the face of things. Probably so low to discourage them from appealing. If they do appeal and get hit with an extra points deduction for it being deemed frivolous I'd laugh my bajangas off though  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14559 on: March 19, 2024, 07:51:24 AM »
Without having looked into things in great detail four points would seem very lenient on the face of things. Probably so low to discourage them from appealing. If they do appeal and get hit with an extra points deduction for it being deemed frivolous I'd laugh my bajangas off though  ;) .

Someone was saying Everton got docked 10 reduced to 6 for overspending by 19m and yet Forest only got docked 4 points for overspending by a lot more.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14560 on: March 19, 2024, 08:32:01 AM »

Someone was saying Everton got docked 10 reduced to 6 for overspending by 19m and yet Forest only got docked 4 points for overspending by a lot more.

Candle makers the world over must be rubbing their hands in delight. If they can afford it Everton really ought to look into buying shares as a means of raising income moving forward. Might even raise enough to put a very tiny dent into those new stadium costs.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14561 on: March 19, 2024, 08:50:28 AM »
Candle makers the world over must be rubbing their hands in delight. If they can afford it Everton really ought to look into buying shares as a means of raising income moving forward. Might even raise enough to put a very tiny dent into those new stadium costs.

Think they will be ok ultimately. The Forest owner might be having some restless nights though. Certainly made the last relegation place more interesting anyway

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14562 on: March 19, 2024, 02:51:10 PM »
Everton and Forest getting stung and City and Chelsea in particular with as of yet no punishment certainly stinks.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14563 on: March 19, 2024, 03:19:46 PM »
Although I prefer Forest as a club to Everton, not to mention Man City, I think everyone found it incredulous how Forest seemed to be buying players at a rate of one per week in the pre-season.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14564 on: March 19, 2024, 03:35:57 PM »
Everton and Forest getting stung and City and Chelsea in particular with as of yet no punishment certainly stinks.

Chelsea are getting by using every accounting trick in the book. It wouldn't surprise me if they were charged a few years down the line for all the loopholes they're exploiting.

Forest has one charge and it took months to resolve. Everton have had two and they've taken even longer. How long do you think it's going to take to make 115 stick against City's expensive lawyers? City will end up making a plea deal to make it all go away.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14565 on: March 19, 2024, 07:32:10 PM »
Chelsea are getting by using every accounting trick in the book. It wouldn't surprise me if they were charged a few years down the line for all the loopholes they're exploiting.

Forest has one charge and it took months to resolve. Everton have had two and they've taken even longer. How long do you think it's going to take to make 115 stick against City's expensive lawyers? City will end up making a plea deal to make it all go away.
City won’t get done …
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14566 on: March 20, 2024, 02:14:54 PM »
Sheff Utd post a record loss of 31.4m for last season where they got promoted.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14567 on: March 20, 2024, 05:55:43 PM »
Sheff Utd post a record loss of 31.4m for last season where they got promoted.

Never rains but it pours. Some of their supporters tried (and failed miserably) to board our coach after they clinched promotion at their muck heap last season. All I can say now is what I thought then. Oh dear.....how sad.....never mind. Or words to that effect.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14568 on: March 21, 2024, 06:40:27 PM »
Well well......

Leicester City have been charged by the Premier League with allegedly breaking spending rules during their last three seasons in the top flight.

Leicester have been referred to an independent commission for breaching profit and sustainability rules (PSR) and failing to submit audited finances.

If found guilty the Championship high-flyers could face a points deduction.

The club are also subject to a separate financial probe by the English Football League (EFL).

Leicester City said they are "surprised" and "disappointed" by the timing of the Premier League's actions, when the club is not in the top flight.

The club went on to say it would "defend itself from any unlawful acts by the football authorities, should they seek to exercise jurisdiction where they cannot do so".

"LCFC remains willing and eager to engage constructively with the Premier League and the EFL to seek the proper resolution of any potential charges, by the right bodies, and at the right time," the Foxes continued.

"The Club continues to take careful advice about its position."

Leicester are yet to make their accounts for their last season in the Premier League publicly available, but in the 12 months up to May 2022 they lost a club-record £92.5m.

A year earlier, in the season that they lifted the FA Cup for the first time, the club reported a pre-tax loss of £33.1m.

Top-flight rules permit clubs to make losses of £105m over a three-year period, or £35m per campaign, before facing sanctions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68580638

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14569 on: March 21, 2024, 07:15:25 PM »

Why don't the authorities take the 5 most serious?  If they are proven, Citeh can either hang around waiting for more charges and fines or ask for some to be taken into account.  Why do they all have to be considered at the same time?  I don't think that this is how it works outside the beautiful game.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14570 on: March 21, 2024, 08:26:48 PM »
Can't but help thinking they are concentrating on the least trendy, capital rich clubs.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14571 on: March 22, 2024, 11:03:39 AM »
have to say that I am surprised that the EPL are not levying huge fines against the "miscreants" and sharing the profits out amongst themselves, rich (top 6 or so) robbing the poor (everyone else).

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14572 on: April 04, 2024, 11:00:45 PM »
Some game at Chelsea tonigh, they beat Man Utd 4-3 with a hat trick from Palmer, 2 of which were scored in the 100th and 101st minute!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14573 on: April 05, 2024, 09:11:43 AM »
Some game at Chelsea tonigh, they beat Man Utd 4-3 with a hat trick from Palmer, 2 of which were scored in the 100th and 101st minute!

It was an excellent game and it just shows that even the mid table teams can produce top level games  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14574 on: April 05, 2024, 09:15:00 AM »
It was an excellent game and it just shows that even the mid table teams can produce top level games  :D

Definitely more entertaining than the top of the table borefest that was the Manchester City v Arsenal game that's for sure  ;D .