Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2250057 times)

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #9025 on: August 04, 2021, 10:35:57 PM »
Smith has barely won a match without Jack Grealish for 3 seasons. A few panic buys will make no difference to his shambolic record.

Dark horses for the drop.

You may be more right than you know, Jacko 👍🏻

Without Grealish, Aston Villa are very ordinary. The lad is that good.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9026 on: August 04, 2021, 10:41:40 PM »
You may be more right than you know, Jacko 👍🏻

Without Grealish, Aston Villa are very ordinary. The lad is that good.

I hope hes right however i look at ings as a good signing. Bailey and buendia on paper have potential to be good. They have a very good keeper. still have an awful defence so unless they address that they will have issues
O Albion we love you

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9027 on: August 04, 2021, 10:55:46 PM »
I'm not overly sold on Ings either. Good player, scores goals, but £25m-£30m for a 29 year old with some injury issues is huge money, particularly in this market. It doesn't really make sense either as Watkins outscored him last season, are they planning on a 442? Buendia and Bailey are good Grealish replacements, but I'd have probably spent any additional money on another winger or somebody for the defence.
Boing Boing

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9028 on: August 05, 2021, 12:12:55 AM »
I hope hes right however i look at ings as a good signing. Bailey and buendia on paper have potential to be good. They have a very good keeper. still have an awful defence so unless they address that they will have issues

Ings is a good striker no doubt about it. His injury record concerning his both knees speaks for itself though.

It’s a big, big risk.

baggiedom

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #9029 on: August 05, 2021, 06:46:51 AM »
Can see it now greasy comes back for 1st time half cheer half boo then fight each other in holte end 🙄

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9030 on: August 05, 2021, 07:10:36 AM »
Smith has barely won a match without Jack Grealish for 3 seasons. A few panic buys will make no difference to his shambolic record.

Dark horses for the drop.

Oh no, you've only gone and done it again. New centre half and they're knocking on the door for Europe with your Villa/Wolves prediction rate  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9031 on: August 05, 2021, 07:32:04 AM »
I had a look the Villa squad and I'm not too sure how Smith is going to shoehorn the new signings into a front 3 or 4.

Smith's preferred line up is 4-3-3. The back 4 plus Keeper kind of picks itself. The midfield is McGinn and Luiz plus one from Sansom or Nakamba depending whether he wants a double 6 or double 8. However the front 3 is Bailey/ Traoré (wide left footed) Watkins/Ings/Wesley (Centre Forward)  Buendía/Trezeguet/El Ghazi (wide right footed). I have seen it suggested that to accommodate Ings that Watkins reverts back to being a wide forward which makes the pile up of wide right footed players even worse.

The alternative which he used on occasion is a 4-2-3-1 this really does not help because not a single one of his front players is a 10. 

There is a lot of talent there but I'm not convinced about how coherent any of it is.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9032 on: August 05, 2021, 10:06:22 AM »
I had a look the Villa squad and I'm not too sure how Smith is going to shoehorn the new signings into a front 3 or 4.

Smith's preferred line up is 4-3-3. The back 4 plus Keeper kind of picks itself. The midfield is McGinn and Luiz plus one from Sansom or Nakamba depending whether he wants a double 6 or double 8. However the front 3 is Bailey/ Traoré (wide left footed) Watkins/Ings/Wesley (Centre Forward)  Buendía/Trezeguet/El Ghazi (wide right footed). I have seen it suggested that to accommodate Ings that Watkins reverts back to being a wide forward which makes the pile up of wide right footed players even worse.

The alternative which he used on occasion is a 4-2-3-1 this really does not help because not a single one of his front players is a 10. 

There is a lot of talent there but I'm not convinced about how coherent any of it is.

Its actually not a very strong squad is it? a large average squad - yes, I dont see any sprinkling of stardust in there at all - Relegation is a bit optimistic especially when Knuckle draggers have one position secured already. We can but live in hope !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

clinton44

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #9033 on: August 05, 2021, 10:52:41 AM »
I hate to say it but I feel they are going to go from strength to strength. They were behind the Dingles two years ago and now they are streets ahead.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9034 on: August 05, 2021, 01:12:00 PM »
I think the replacements go a long way in compensating for Grealish's loss. Bailey, Buenda, Ings, and now rumours of Cantwell from Norwich. All quality players.
Feel a bit sorry for So'ton fans and Hassenhuttl. Losing Ings will come as a bolt from the blue.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9035 on: August 05, 2021, 01:20:21 PM »
Funnily enough on my Fifa career mode in January 2022 Villa signed Danny Ings for £25.8 Mil this was yesterday. Then I discover they do it in real life my reaction was like what how.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9036 on: August 05, 2021, 02:58:20 PM »
Jack Grealish has signed his contract at Manchester City until June 2026.

Pep Guardiola has already spoken directly with him. It'll be announced soon.

(Source: @FabrizioRomano)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9037 on: August 05, 2021, 08:10:05 PM »
Transfer confirmed! Inside the £100m record move of Jack Grealish to Man City - and why he had to leave Aston Villa | @JPercyTelegraph
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9038 on: December 11, 2021, 05:58:55 PM »
They lost today.
Perhaps you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, even with one of the best seamstresses.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9039 on: December 12, 2021, 03:11:47 PM »
I was in stitches when Salah's pin point penalty went in.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9040 on: December 12, 2021, 03:20:38 PM »
I wonder what song the vila keeper was dancing to has the keeper not moving rule been totally scrapped?

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9041 on: December 12, 2021, 05:08:41 PM »
I wonder what song the vila keeper was dancing to has the keeper not moving rule been totally scrapped?
The keeper can move along the line as much as he wants, but not off the line
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9042 on: December 12, 2021, 05:30:54 PM »
The keeper can move along the line as much as he wants, but not off the line
Thanks for that I'm more out of touch than I realised!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9043 on: December 27, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
Watched Vile v Christi yesterday and they are actually looking half decent, fortunately this was tempered by them getting stuffed !
Have to say they Gerrard and McAllister have made an improvement there, sadly
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9044 on: January 07, 2022, 08:50:11 AM »
John Percy just Tweered

#avfc are close to signing Philippe Coutinho on loan from Barcelona. Not done yet but major progress being made. Will be a huge signing for Villa and Steven Gerrard. Coutinho in 2015: "He is an icon, one of my personal football heroes."
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9045 on: January 07, 2022, 09:03:41 AM »
Villa are paying the majority of his wage but not quite all of it. Gotta be around 150k per week still. Nuts.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9046 on: January 07, 2022, 09:08:38 AM »
Villa are paying the majority of his wage but not quite all of it. Gotta be around 150k per week still. Nuts.

I'm sure their owners will have no issue affording him but, more importantly, will he be worth on the field of play?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9047 on: January 07, 2022, 09:09:30 AM »
I'm sure their owners will have no issue affording him but, more importantly, will he be worth on the field of play?

I hope not!  ;D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9048 on: January 07, 2022, 09:44:41 AM »
They’re going to be even more insufferable now aren’t they  ???

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9049 on: January 07, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »
Almost 30 and in decline. I wouldn't be putting him in my fantasy team.
150k a week is mad.