Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2250061 times)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #7475 on: June 06, 2018, 05:16:20 AM »

Remember when I posted this and the only part of the prediction anyone was bothered about was the Pulis part?

Ahem.

Ahem!! Some of us, if not most, were aware of their financial predicament, so that only left the bold prediction to focus on. Good of you to remind us though. ☺️
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7476 on: June 06, 2018, 06:30:18 AM »

Remember when I posted this and the only part of the prediction anyone was bothered about was the Pulis part?

Ahem.

and??  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7477 on: June 06, 2018, 06:40:01 AM »
Isn’t the sale of bodtmoor heath blighted by HS2 running across the site making it unusable for development—- I do hope the perfect storm is forming 🤣🤣🤣
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7478 on: June 06, 2018, 08:26:26 AM »
according to the Times an American about to buy them for 75 million
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7479 on: June 06, 2018, 08:37:36 AM »
Has this American got any money though?
£75 million to buy,what about their current debts?
Then funding for next season.
Then what does he know about football.
Then who will be the manager.
Then........
Oh I give up,what a huge mess they are in,great news all round.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7480 on: June 06, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »

Ahem.

I would imagine it is because one part of your post was fact that everyone knew about already, the other part was your usual utter nonsense when it comes to anything Pulis related about which you needed to be called out.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7481 on: June 06, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
Is this about villas demise or just a general chat?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7482 on: June 06, 2018, 09:04:57 AM »
I'd take Kodjia, if fit, and maybe Adomah.
Maybe a BOGOF if they are really in the muck  :)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7483 on: June 06, 2018, 09:08:50 AM »
Give us another name for Dr

Dr Broke

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7484 on: June 06, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
"American Peter B Freund, a minority shareholder in baseball's New York Yankees, is lining up a £75m bid to buy Championship club Aston Villa."

Sounds like a bargain!

Source: Times - subscription required
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7485 on: June 06, 2018, 09:41:41 AM »
Very worrying. Explains why we appointed Darren Moore and halted the upgrade on the medical centre.
No money coming out of China boys.

superkev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7486 on: June 06, 2018, 09:53:30 AM »
Wonder if they change their name from Villa Park to Brassic Park?

also remember Dr Tony tried to buy the Albion before he bought Villa and Jeremy would not sell to him you can see why
"

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7487 on: June 06, 2018, 10:07:47 AM »
Wonder if they change their name from Villa Park to Brassic Park?

also remember Dr Tony tried to buy the Albion before he bought Villa and Jeremy would not sell to him you can see why
Brassic Park.   that's so funny.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7488 on: June 06, 2018, 10:16:50 AM »
i read somewhere (could be John Percy article) that Villa's spending over the last 2 seasons has basically been spending the future money as well so they may already have spent this years parachute money without actually recieving it.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7489 on: June 06, 2018, 10:52:31 AM »
Oh dear

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11396171/aston-villa-up-for-sale-as-struggling-club-faces-winding-up-order

"Aston Villa up for sale as struggling club faces winding-up order

Owner Dr Tony Xia attempting to attract new investors and is prepared to offload club altogether, Sky Sports News understands
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 06/06/18 9:11am

Aston Villa are facing the most important week in their 144-year history as owner Dr Tony Xia fights to keep the club out of the hands of administrators.

A huge investment in players' wages plus more than £70m in transfers in just two seasons leaves the club facing an HMRC winding-up order, with the prospect of administration a real possibility.

Officially, Sky Sports News has been told the club is not for sale, and that Dr Xia's financial problems are the result of cash flow issues in China.

Xia said after Villa's Championship play-off final defeat to Fulham that the club needs 'to change a lot of things'
However, SSN understands the owner, who has been in China since the play-off final defeat, is attempting to attract new investors to share the burden, and would be prepared to cut his losses and sell the club for the right price.

Despite the club's motto 'Prepared', few could have predicted the speed with which Dr Xia's gamble to reach the Premier League would appear to have come unstuck.

SSN understands the Midlands club have been taking insolvency advice for more than a week, with reports that insolvency expert and former Chelsea CEO Trevor Birch was advising Villa as their financial pressures continued to mount.

Manager Steve Bruce has said he hopes to remain in charge
The question Villa fans will have is whether Dr Xia has the resolve - and the resources - to continue funding a club that is believed to be costing him around £6m a month to run.

Having suspended the club's chief executive Keith Wyness for issues unrelated to the HMRC notice, the club announced on Tuesday that Dr Xia would take over the day-to-day running of the club, as the real cost of failing to secure promotion is revealed.

Before Villa's tax problems became apparent, it was clear the club would have to undergo a cull of their highest earners to fulfil their Financial Fair Play (FFP) obligations. That would likely start with the sale of key assets, such as England Under-21 midfielder Jack Grealish.

Star man Jack Grealish is one of the key assets likely to be sold by Villa this summer
In the last three years, the club has spent relatively huge sums on the likes of Ross McCormack (£11.9m), Jonathan Kodjia, (£11 m) and Scott Hogan (£9m).

To date, more than 17,000 Villa supporters have renewed their season tickets for the 2018/19 Championship campaign. The club's biggest fear is that they could start next season in administration and with it, a 12-point deduction.

Following the play-off final defeat to Fulham, Dr Xia told fans the club faced significant pressure to comply with FFP regulations.

John Terry left Villa after the failure to win promotion straight back to the Premier League
He said: "I am an Aston Villa fan. But I am also a businessman. Under the current circumstances, I think the club needs to rethink not only the past two years but also the past 10 years. Villa needs to be a sustainable football club.

"We have been heavily investing for the past two seasons. However, the loss on Saturday means that we need to change a lot of things."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:59:35 AM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7490 on: June 06, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
Give us another name for Dr

Dr Broke
Dr Disappear?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7491 on: June 06, 2018, 11:02:14 AM »
I would imagine it is because one part of your post was fact that everyone knew about already, the other part was your usual utter nonsense when it comes to anything Pulis related about which you needed to be called out.

Haha brilliant if everyone knew why is it massive breaking news? A month later...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7493 on: June 06, 2018, 11:45:52 AM »

Haha brilliant if everyone knew why is it massive breaking news? A month later...

The announcement of a potential winding up order was always going to be 'massive breaking news'. Everyone knew they would be financially f*cked if they failed to go up because of the wages they had sanctioned.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7494 on: June 06, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »
I see the good Doctor is trying to sell the staff carpark to raise funds,its great ay  it.
What's next all the staff cars?
Bodymore?
Villa park itself,so they have to pay rent to play on it?
Of course the players,once Grealish has gone,they're sunk.
We could do worse than buy Kodje for a knock down price.
Chester maybe,that's about it.
What about the Many young goalie they loaned,he looked decent.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7495 on: June 06, 2018, 04:23:49 PM »
Aside from all the Villa banter, it's a lesson for almost any club outside the Premier League.
Once a club starts spending beyond its means, it becomes a massive gamble. Just needs some investments not to be spot on, some expensive players not to deliver, and the club is on a downward spiral which can lead to points deductions and worse. And Villa have had very decent attendances in the Championship. Something to bear in mind when people call for more funds to be spent on players.
Also, I know it's tempting to have a little snigger about our near neighbours, but Midlands football would be poorer if they went out of business. Local rivalry is one of the things that gives fans a buzz, especially when we are not in the big boys League. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7496 on: June 06, 2018, 04:33:30 PM »
i blame Brucie, with that squad they should have walked it. hes past it

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7497 on: June 06, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
Aside from all the Villa banter, it's a lesson for almost any club outside the Premier League.
Once a club starts spending beyond its means, it becomes a massive gamble. Just needs some investments not to be spot on, some expensive players not to deliver, and the club is on a downward spiral which can lead to points deductions and worse. And Villa have had very decent attendances in the Championship. Something to bear in mind when people call for more funds to be spent on players.
Also, I know it's tempting to have a little snigger about our near neighbours, but Midlands football would be poorer if they went out of business. Local rivalry is one of the things that gives fans a buzz, especially when we are not in the big boys League.

I don't want them to go out of business. I just want them to do a Pompey/Coventry.  ;D

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7498 on: June 06, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »

Ahem.

I wouldn't get too cocky about your predictive abilities if I were you. Seem to remember that you predicted we would finish 8th last season  ;D

dadwasabaggie

• Newcomer

« Reply #7499 on: June 06, 2018, 05:20:16 PM »

This isn't one of 2 incorrect investments. Villa have been in trouble for about a decade. They had the second highest none player related spending in the Premiership when they were in it, yet had revenues of a mid table club. Its why they are now estimated to be losing over £4 million a month - as they are top to bottom a complete mess of a company. It was inevitable they were going to end up this way if they didn't get promoted quickly, as there problems were colossal and couldn't be fixed easily.