Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2250118 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #7450 on: June 05, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »
Aston Villa have suspended CEO Keith Wyness with immediate effect. Reports claim that Villa missed a tax payment and have a week to pay it or face a winding-up order from HMRC. Villa are expected to make a payment in the next 24/48 hours and that should solve the issue.  >:(

Always one to ruin the fun aye there. >:(
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7451 on: June 05, 2018, 07:58:07 PM »
I've just read a villa fan on news now saying,what's going on?
Were Becoming a joke.
Doesn't he know they've always been a joke,they really think they're somebody don't they,didn't they win a euro trophy years ago?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7452 on: June 05, 2018, 08:03:09 PM »
I see they've been looking for investors,I don't think you'd do that if you had got money.
Perhaps they've done their money and they have to have a fire sale of players,property etc,I certainly hope so.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7453 on: June 05, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
Aston Villa have suspended CEO Keith Wyness with immediate effect. Reports claim that Villa missed a tax payment and have a week to pay it or face a winding-up order from HMRC. Villa are expected to make a payment in the next 24/48 hours and that should solve the issue.  >:(

Also known as robbing Peter to pay Paul. When's the next payment due?
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7454 on: June 05, 2018, 08:09:27 PM »
“Aston Villa plunged into financial crisis as £4.2m tax bill leads to threat of administration”

It ONLY £4.2m, the first team squad could have a whip round and pay that tomorrow  ;D

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/05/aston-villa-plunged-financial-crisis-42m-tax-bill-leads-threat/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7455 on: June 05, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »
Just seen on the Daily Telegraph website,they reckon the tax bill is 4:2 million,its not that much really.
But its loads if your skint!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7456 on: June 05, 2018, 08:40:48 PM »
Not to P*** on anyone’s parade here but this Chinese government thing is going to affect us I think, I put on here around January that there was a meeting with John Williams that a friend of mine was invited to, this was when I heard about the 50% wage reduction for the players etc. He also said that Lai is struggling to get any money out of China due to the new communist party stopping it leaving the country.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7457 on: June 05, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »
Not to P*** on anyone’s parade here but this Chinese government thing is going to affect us I think, I put on here around January that there was a meeting with John Williams that a friend of mine was invited to, this was when I heard about the 50% wage reduction for the players etc. He also said that Lai is struggling to get any money out of China due to the new communist party stopping it leaving the country.

I know there may be that simple and the financial arrangements might be different, but Wolves owners appear to be doing OK
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7458 on: June 05, 2018, 08:47:11 PM »
I know there may be that simple and the financial arrangements might be different, but Wolves owners appear to be doing OK

FOSUN are huge with money basically all over the world.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7459 on: June 05, 2018, 08:53:10 PM »
FOSUN are huge with money basically all over the world.

But as A Chines based and owned company, wouldn’t investments, profits, losses etc. still be regulated, audited, and accountable to the Chines Communist authorities. Just interested to know.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7460 on: June 05, 2018, 08:57:56 PM »
It is simple  (relatively) if Villa have the funds to or can raise those funds in a week they settle in full problem goes away. The bill I have seen is as little as £4.2m which could be easily raised although the fact that it has come to this it might be indicative of deeper seated issues.

Just seen tweet from John Percy which suggests that Trevor Birch is involved this is a serious development because he is a go to authority on football insolvencies so all bets are off.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7461 on: June 05, 2018, 09:09:31 PM »
HMRC don’t just come down hard after one months delay. This will have been ongoing for months.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7462 on: June 05, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »
Hey Lee,we've had these 50% wage reductions built into players contracts for a few years now,its not new,your point about Chinese government keeping money is correct and was well publicised at the time,but as far as I know our leader hasn't put any money in anyway apart from,didn't he pay for the Chinese kid playing in Germany, I may be wrong on that one,but my point is Laid hasn't put money in we stand or fall as an independent company would do in business,obviously hasn't worked in Aston.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7463 on: June 05, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »
Oh dear oh deary me, just please please let it be.

Couldn't happen to a nicer cunch of bunts.

SOTV  8) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7464 on: June 05, 2018, 09:59:26 PM »
I don’t post on here often now but this has made my day  ;D

It’s come at the right time too with the Mrs watching love island 😂

I knew they were/have been in a bit of bother for a while but didn’t know it was this close, by all accounts they’re waiting for their final parachute payment to settle the bill, but they could be waiting a few weeks for that  ;D

One bloke on twitter who is close to Leeds Utd has suggested villa fans might want to get the buckets out  :o  ;D

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7465 on: June 05, 2018, 10:13:21 PM »
The gift that keeps on giving, be superb if they had to endure a miserable season next year whilst us and the blues give them a real hiding

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7466 on: June 05, 2018, 10:15:23 PM »
What are the buckets for ,to cry in or be sick in?
Why should their fans bale them out?
Close the place down and build houses on it asap.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7467 on: June 05, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
One or two absolutely bricking it on Vile Tallk !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7468 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
This just highlights what I love about The Albion.

My granddad taught me - about 50 years ago more or less - that we were the best team in the world. Except of course we're not - and the beauty is we are the first to admit it. We delight in whatever success we can get and we are realistic when things sometimes go tits up.

We are Albion. We are under no illusions - and that's one of the reasons why we ARE the best team in the Midlands, and possibly why neutrals usually like us.

SOTV.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7469 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »
One or two absolutely bricking it on Vile Tallk !

I will leave you with this gem. Even now they are going on about the European cup.   ;D

xia and lerner mismanaged us and **** us up but they didnt sell our european cup winning team out of bitterness and arrogance
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7470 on: June 05, 2018, 10:54:12 PM »
Not looking too good for the arrogant deluded fools is it ? Has the Dr stopped tweeting now ?  Love to see them drop down next season after a couple of heavy defeats to our good selves on the way down.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7471 on: June 05, 2018, 10:57:51 PM »
I would imagine that this 4:2 million is only a quarterly payment,if they scrape together enough to pay it,they are looking to get their final £15 million para payment to poss use,also they will have to sell their best players asap to fund next season and or stay afloat or sell other assets like training ground or even the stadium or sell the club to this consortium either way they won't be challenging for promotion next season in fact I suspect they will be fighting relegation,shall we try and cherry pick any of their players,if so who?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7472 on: June 05, 2018, 11:20:44 PM »
Although it's funny, I could sadly see this happening to us if we fail to go up in the next few years. The bonus for us is that our owner isn't a loudmouth but I could still see problems down the line regardless of PR.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7473 on: June 05, 2018, 11:30:46 PM »
Although it's funny, I could sadly see this happening to us if we fail to go up in the next few years. The bonus for us is that our owner isn't a loudmouth but I could still see problems down the line regardless of PR.

I can't see us being in the same position with Jenkins on board. I don't think we'll hit it as hard over the next couple of seasons.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7474 on: June 06, 2018, 12:31:16 AM »
If they don't come up this year it's a moot point. The money has run out. They'll be in a serious struggle going forward.Not that what we want matters Boro will win the play offs any way.

Remember when I posted this and the only part of the prediction anyone was bothered about was the Pulis part?

Ahem.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.