Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2250071 times)

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #4750 on: November 29, 2015, 12:47:33 AM »
Loved the Deeney celebration

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4751 on: November 29, 2015, 11:21:39 AM »
Generally speaking teams in their position don't get out of it. Over the last two seasons Leicester City and Sunderland got out of unpromising situations but the difference is they were never so far adrift and in both cases there were more teams for them to aim at.

In this instance Villa are 7 points from safety and 9 points behind 14th whereas at the same point Leicester were 3 points from safety and 9 points behind 11th.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4752 on: November 29, 2015, 11:55:21 AM »
I included have put stats up saying the s hit will finally flush but, in reality it's all wishful thinking.

Who knows who they will buy in jan.

Only certainty is if they do finally drop there will be no one happier than me.

As an aside, Garde doesn't appear to fancy gestede.

Maybe we can get him cheap or on loan if we send gnabry back.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4753 on: November 29, 2015, 01:39:40 PM »
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

mutchisman

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4754 on: November 29, 2015, 04:07:13 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Enjoy lads

http://youtu.be/JeJpQlGW_GA

Hahaha that's brilliant,

"Randy Lerner - job well done"  - well not quite completed the job just yet but well on the way :) :) :) :) :) :)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4755 on: November 29, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
New beginning in the Championship, next season...That is what he is singing about.  ;D

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4756 on: November 30, 2015, 12:25:14 AM »
Are Villa the dogs bollo* cause the don't winalot?

apple

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4757 on: November 30, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »
Cant wait for the phone in on WM tonight, its like having a free rein to The Samaritans.
  Paul Franks'll be talking them off rooves.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4758 on: November 30, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
I'm just glad it's not us in their position. Thank god we have had the nerve when it mattered to pick up points, it's just so important to stay in this division right now. It's looking very likely they'll go down but its still not a cert yet, hopefully saints and arsenal can finish them off in their next two.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4759 on: November 30, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
Loved the Deeney celebration
Wait till you see Shane longs......
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4761 on: December 01, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »
I'm just glad it's not us in their position. Thank god we have had the nerve when it mattered to pick up points, it's just so important to stay in this division right now. It's looking very likely they'll go down but its still not a cert yet, hopefully saints and arsenal can finish them off in their next two.

I'd say it was arguably more important to stay in last year. Teams that go down this year will have absolutely massive parachute payments that should... should... blow the other Championship teams out of the water.

It's not a guarantee that the relegated teams will bounce straight back, but it's another step towards a closed shop.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4762 on: December 01, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »
I'd say it was arguably more important to stay in last year. Teams that go down this year will have absolutely massive parachute payments that should... should... blow the other Championship teams out of the water.

It's not a guarantee that the relegated teams will bounce straight back, but it's another step towards a closed shop.

They won't the new deal doesn't kick in until next season. Parachute payments come out of this season's pot.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4763 on: December 01, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »

It's one thing having more money than your opponents, it's how you invest it that matters. The vile have a poor record of this in recent times. Plus, who do they invest in? Players to get them back, or stick with what they've got? Lets hope we get a chance to see how it all pans out. :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4764 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:48 PM »
No decent players would sign for a team that's bottom of the league in January would they.villa are in debt also arnt they? What a shower they are where's big mouth Sherwood now? What great players he signed eh? They're doomed I say :'(

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4765 on: December 02, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
No decent players would sign for a team that's bottom of the league in January would they.villa are in debt also arnt they? What a shower they are where's big mouth Sherwood now? What great players he signed eh? They're doomed I say :'(

Debatable as Footballers are mercenaries. I cannot see Lerner breaking the bank in wages which is what is required - not fees - on contracts of any real length when they're odds on to go down. If they get out of it then these players will need to do it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4766 on: December 02, 2015, 08:50:05 PM »
Debatable as Footballers are mercenaries. I cannot see Lerner breaking the bank in wages which is what is required - not fees - on contracts of any real length when they're odds on to go down. If they get out of it then these players will need to do it.
However they also don't really want relegation on their CVs. You've already seen Charlie Austin say he won't sign for a club fighting relegation from the Prem.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4767 on: December 04, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »
The comment from the Villa blogger in the Evening Mail was very apt, i.e. if you keep circuling round the plug hole eventually you will go down.  Just however have this nagging doubt in my mind.  Conscious that last year we gave them a huge boost loosing twice and massively boosting their confidence.  It is important we remain really focused for the home game and ruthlessly execute the game plan.  They may get something from Newcastle granted, but I do not think that they will get much at West Ham, and their Norwich away match is already a sellout.  Norwich have Lambert based history with the Villa where they think Villa exhibited a good deal of arrogance.  The atmosphere is going to be wholly toxic for them.  Cannot see them getting much there either.  So, by 1/1/16, I can still see a team that will either me in single figures for points, or at 11.  Either way its not looking great.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4768 on: December 06, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »
Last night listening to WM it sounded like they had turned the corner in terms of performance a least but watching MoTD I thought they were very lucky to escape with a point.

Assuming that Newcastle lose the point hasn't changed anything they are still 7 points adrift of safety although Swansea and Norwich seem to be joining the relegation battle making it a 6 way fight at the moment.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

mutchisman

• Baby Baggie

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4770 on: December 06, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »
http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/aston-villa-to-be-double-relegated/

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'd pay good money to watch a football match between psychotic penguins and ostriches on LSD.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4771 on: December 06, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »
Just noticed villa will be bottom at Christmas. Two games to play before then and 7 point behind.

Happy Christmas all!
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4772 on: December 06, 2015, 06:05:46 PM »
 Geordies win they look awfully lonely down there  :D.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4773 on: December 06, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
They are gone, no way will they stay up now
Baggie Terra

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4774 on: December 06, 2015, 06:19:36 PM »
I'm believing but won't rest until it's mathematically impossible for them to stay up.