Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2250037 times)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #3425 on: May 09, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »
From what I've read, seals like to characterise Blues supporters as sub-human savages. Apparently this charming family got lost on the way to St Andrew's.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3426 on: May 11, 2014, 11:00:58 PM »
Anyone a little concerned about their impending/inevitable takeover?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3427 on: May 11, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »
Why? they mean nothing to the FA anymore and with FFP ruling... They'd be held pretty strictly to it, as any club that the FA don't need/want

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3428 on: May 12, 2014, 11:15:36 AM »
Club statement up on the vile site which confirm Lerner has put the club up for sale.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3429 on: May 12, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »
Club statement up on the vile site which confirm Lerner has put the club up for sale.

We complain about our club statements being incomprehensible, the Villa statement is hilarious; Claiming Randy has some higher calling with the Marines.

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3430 on: May 12, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »
We complain about our club statements being incomprehensible, the Villa statement is hilarious; Claiming Randy has some higher calling with the Marines.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3825652,00.html

I had to read it a few times to understand what the hell it was about  :o

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3431 on: May 12, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »
Fair play to the guy though, he knows he can't take them any further and is actively looking for a buyer. JP should take note. Are we still for sale? We had the press release on the official site some years back but never had anything to state otherwise - or did we?

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3432 on: May 12, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

As has been seen on many occasions at other clubs, changes of ownership, regardless of the personal wealth of the new people in charge, doesn't automatically equate to success and improvement (though obviously in some examples the transformation has been huge, Man City being the obvious example).

At our present level, while the odds are stacked against clubs like Albion, any Premiership club can win the League Cup or FA Cup, but in terms of winning the title or finishing in the top 4/5 there's some seriously wealthy competition for any club like Villa who may have aspirations of eventually competing at that level in the event of the rumoured Billionaire Americans who some media sources appear to be linking to Villa, taking over.

But while the FFP guidelines make major transformation a lot more problematic, though not impossible, the scenario I guess most Villa fans are hoping for, mega rich new owners in the Billionaire bracket, can bring it's own huge pressures and expectations and in common with all loyal Baggies, in Villa's case I sincerely hope things work out badly, that their hopes are built up to ridiculous levels only for them to continue to underachieve and leave their fickle fanbase in a state of perpetual angst and frustration.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:56:34 PM by Brummie Road »

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3433 on: May 12, 2014, 01:18:03 PM »
Randy 'Rambo' Lerner! ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3434 on: May 12, 2014, 01:59:43 PM »
This has been going on behind the scenes for at least 12 months.

Lerner wants out he's been trying to sell it for a while but had little interest.

The financial fair play will stop any billionaire owner spending loads.

Will Lerner do the due diligence that deadly dug did? I'm not so sure.

If I were a villa fan I'd be concerned with what's happened down the road at blues.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3435 on: May 13, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »

It was a silly job for General Krulak to take and a silly idea to hire him to do it. A former Commandant of the Marine Corps shouldn't stoop to author sycophantic claptrap like, "At his age, and with his background, record and reputation especially in and around the US Marine Corps, where his father served, there simply are other calls to service for Randy Lerner", as if Randy were Chesty Puller or something  ::) , or, "What's more, this country is in a time of great flux on many levels and he may make himself available for a role on some level", like Randy is ready to save Western civilisation from "flux", if only we would ask.

He's just some ordinary bloke who inherited a gazillion dollars and bought some expensive toys that he couldn't take care of.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3436 on: May 18, 2014, 01:38:45 PM »
Have heard a little whisper this morning that Lamberts demise will be announced tomorrow no evidence just a word!!??
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3437 on: May 18, 2014, 07:14:37 PM »
I had to laugh the other day: on their Villa talk thread for new owner speculation they had a load of them convinced it was Red Bull who wanted to buy them and that there 'is definitely a media embargo' because no newspapers are talking about them and that meant they 'had definitely been sold already' - do they not realise it's just that none of the media could give a toss about them.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3438 on: May 23, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »
The former England international, 30, could attract interest from Turkey and the MLS this summer but will be given the opportunity to stake a claim with Villa if he remains with the club.

£65,000 a week would make him the fourth-highest-paid player in MLS, between Jermain Defoe and Landon Donovan. Keep on dreaming, seals. :D

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3439 on: May 30, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »
Daily mail online reporting that a Kazakh billionaire businessman favourite to buy Vile for $200 million. Article states upto 8 buyers interested.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3440 on: May 30, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
Daily mail online reporting that a Kazakh billionaire businessman favourite to buy Vile for $200 million. Article states upto 8 buyers interested.

We can only dream eh
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3441 on: May 30, 2014, 04:15:19 PM »
Yakshimash Pepsi Max

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3442 on: May 30, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
I find it hilarious that some Villa fans are arguing over what their club is worth and that the club is 'easily worth £250m' and that 'Lerner shouldn't be selling the club for less' - that's the way to do it boys, hope that new owners buy the club for a higher price so there's less money to spend on players. They really are cretins.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3443 on: June 03, 2014, 08:39:27 AM »
WM Reporting that Lambert has approched Roy Keane to be his number 2.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3444 on: June 03, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »
Said over in Ireland that Keane would be able to maintain his role as one of Martin O'Neill's assistants in the Republic of Ireland job. Not sure if it been mentioned elsewhere but also rumoured that Steve Clarke is favorite to take over at Celtic now that Keane has rejected it.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3445 on: June 04, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »
Close to signing Senderos.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3446 on: June 05, 2014, 08:48:59 AM »
What a mind boggling signing Senderos would be... he is nowhere near Premier League quality in my opinion

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3447 on: June 05, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »
Senderos has 53 international caps, he has played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe has well over 100 Premier League appearances to his name and he is not good enough for the Villa. Something does not compute here maybe it is the fans expectations but bearing in mind we are talking about our incredibly realistic friends from up the road that cannot be the case surely. Maybe he isn't absolute top draw but he might be better than what they have got which I guess is what really hurts the Seals. :'(   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3448 on: June 05, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
Senderos has 53 international caps, he has played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe has well over 100 Premier League appearances to his name and he is not good enough for the Villa. Something does not compute here maybe it is the fans expectations but bearing in mind we are talking about our incredibly realistic friends from up the road that cannot be the case surely. Maybe he isn't absolute top draw but he might be better than what they have got which I guess is what really hurts the Seals. :'(

Senderos is a complete & utter donkey. He 'was' good.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3449 on: June 09, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Reports tonight of Joe Cole having a medical for the seals.