Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2250112 times)

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #3250 on: August 08, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »
And that ladies and gentleman is how to write comedy  :D
I haven't laughed so hard in years as I did when I read this.

If my granny had wheels she'd be a wagon !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3251 on: August 08, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »
The good thing about the internet is that it saves comments for posterity. I wager the hubris will have subsided. The bitterness and hate will remain though.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3252 on: August 08, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
The good thing about the internet is that it saves comments for posterity. I wager the hubris will have subsided. The bitterness and hate will remain though.
I don't hate the Villa, I just pity them.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3253 on: August 08, 2013, 02:23:16 PM »
and you lot like a bit of history don't you?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3254 on: August 08, 2013, 02:51:02 PM »

As usual living in the past. I'm sure if we had that mentality we could have a dig through some of the gems you've posted. Don't forget to dig out the usual Ally Brown bashing one ready for the two games this season.

I get asked at times why we allow rival fans on and many think we shouldn't do it, personally I rise above the petty levels of the wolf and whichever one of your boards it was that refused to allow me on when I wanted some info on something, at the moment your comedy gives reasons to keep letting rivals on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3255 on: August 08, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »
 I am not minded by references to history , but I will hold my hands up to being unsure as to how a prediction of things to come is looking into the past.

Perhaps Doc Brown can explain it.

Its just a prediction, call it comedy, rip it to shreds, pile it on, we will see who is right come May 2014.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3256 on: August 08, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
I think the comment: The good thing about the internet is that it saves comments for posterity. says it all.

In other words you will be back in May if your predictions are correct but if you are wrong you will disappear quicker than the career of John Leslie just as you vanished for a few months during the season just gone.

Villa fan not minded by references to history  :D

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3257 on: August 08, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
I am not minded by references to history , but I will hold my hands up to being unsure as to how a prediction of things to come is looking into the past.

Perhaps Doc Brown can explain it.

Its just a prediction, call it comedy, rip it to shreds, pile it on, we will see who is right come May 2014.
And they said the same about may 2013, may 2012  :D
You could of course change many peoples perception of Villa fans , all you would need to do is to admit that you are now perpetual relegation battlers year after year and that pompus talk about "getting back where you rightfully belong " was shortsighted and delusional ...........(waits)..........thought not  :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3258 on: August 08, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
I think you have relegation battles on the brain. That might come in handy.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3259 on: August 08, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
I think despite all the claims that we are obsessed with you lot the fact is you are the obsessed one as you just cannot keep away at times (obviously only when you're not going through the dodgy spell).

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3260 on: August 09, 2013, 12:54:36 AM »
I think you have relegation battles on the brain. That might come in handy.

Wait til your relegation battle kicks off again, what are you going to do with your time McFickle when you can't post on another teams message board? (see second half of last season)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3261 on: August 09, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »
Wait til your relegation battle kicks off again, what are you going to do with your time McFickle when you can't post on another teams message board? (see second half of last season)
in fairness the villa do organise many activities for their fans .

Spacemen lookalike competitions.
Flag waving contests
annual day trips to London , guaranteed
window licking
and tracie Andrews song writing displays .
Theres also the historic bus ride  around the trophy cabinet , which is now a walk due to the driver (Mr B Bannon) being unfit for duties  :D

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3262 on: August 10, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »
You forgot our main activities; casting shadows since 1874. Don't choke on your lemons Zippy in your haste to reply.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3263 on: August 10, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »
You forgot our main activities; casting shadows since 1874. Don't choke on your lemons Zippy in your haste to reply.

My earlier suggestion about compiling a book of Hilarious Things Villa Fans Say got removed, but this is probably going to be the strap line. Howling!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3264 on: August 10, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
Says the seal that does not dwell on history?
We are where we are from strong foundational building, coupled with strict financial monitoring.
You are where you are due to horrendous over spending and unsustainable deluded ambitions of you fickle support from tamworth, erdington and Solihull.
If , as you say , you are neither obsessed nor living in the past, what sense would the casting shadows statement make.
Btw
I would never go on a vile or dingle forum, certainly not at this hour on a Saturday morning?...unless I was....obsessed  :D

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3265 on: August 10, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »
My earlier suggestion about compiling a book of Hilarious Things Villa Fans Say got removed, but this is probably going to be the strap line. Howling!
Things villa fans say :D
# it's not cause he's from blues
# we are a massive club and deserve to be up there
# he's scum he's showed no loyalty/ he's signed he's great he will be the leagues top scorer
# man utd fans showed a lack of respect (not clapping for petrov after villa fans were mimicking munich)
#we are not fickle, well maybe sometimes
# we are not obsessed (whilst posting on a west brom forum)  :D

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3266 on: August 10, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
So bitter. Bitter at the start and bitter now.

As for Munich? Mock it? You must have lemon in your eyes. You do afterall support a club that got hammered outside Old Trafford when you first made it back to the big league for mocking them. Of course, you were only doing a Yam-Yam tribute. Obviously.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3267 on: August 10, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »

As for Munich? Mock it? You must have lemon in your eyes. You do afterall support a club that got hammered outside Old Trafford when you first made it back to the big league for mocking them. Of course, you were only doing a Yam-Yam tribute. Obviously.
So obsessed. Obsessed at the start and obsessed now, you need medical advice mate to get you over this obsession
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3268 on: August 10, 2013, 10:51:43 AM »
If someone asked me to sum up villa fans I'd point them in the direction of McFikkle.

He is typical of the arrogant gobshite types that support villa, that only come out pre season or when results go their way.

Go into birmimgham and you'll see all the chavs and undesirables in LDV 'retro' villa tops today but they weren't about end of last season.

I can honestly say I have never met a set of fans that can turn so quickly.

This is why I at least I respect the wolves fans because the majority of them stick with their team.

McFikkle and his mate are the type to have a 'second team' incase of emergencies.

A lot of my family are seals and it's taken me a long time to break down the barrier but I've come to realise why you lot are so fickle and it's because you are too scared to admit that you're no longer a bit club and you know what that hurts you lot more than anything any of us can say here.

We know what WE are, and that is exactly the reason we sing that song.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3269 on: August 10, 2013, 11:09:29 AM »

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3270 on: August 10, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
Fickle? If you says so.

Lets get past the inate Albion bitterness, if we can, and lay some cards on the table with some... predictions!

I predict we will finish between 11th and 8th. Goals will flow a plenty, at both ends. I strongly suspect you will struggle. A lack of goals and a continuation of your relegation form of 2013, Olsson and his woeful defending of late being a key factor.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3271 on: August 10, 2013, 11:51:25 AM »
Fickle? If you says so.

Lets get past the inate Albion bitterness, if we can, and lay some cards on the table with some... predictions!

I predict we will finish between 11th and 8th. Goals will flow a plenty, at both ends. I strongly suspect you will struggle. A lack of goals and a continuation of your relegation form of 2013, Olsson and his woeful defending of late being a key factor.

My prediction, Villa make a poor start and McSkittle goes AWOL, somewhat similar to last season.  ;)
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3272 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »

I reckon McLemon is a baggie, he does seem to enjoy populating our forum.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3273 on: August 10, 2013, 07:11:47 PM »

Answered your own question re yam yam.
You booed Man U fans for not clapping (in the wrong minute) for a player (who you were hounding out) and called local radio to moan about them.
Would you like to deny the songs glorifying Tracie Andrews murdering a blues fan?
Not bitter, I have nothing to be bitter about, last night when I went to bed I was better than any of you and this morning when I woke up I was better than any of you because i support my team and am level enough to know the parameters within which we work and should we go through a tough period i dont turn my back on the team nor feel an urge to scribble on bedsheets you and your lot deludedly believe that you have a god given right to be in the top half of the table, hence the reason you now want to get some cards out and make predictions, I do wonder , why, after not really improving your team, where this sudden confidence has come from, then again it's the same as last year and the year before, hopefully with a similar relegation fraught outcome?
Be as optimistic as you want , enjoy bentekes new contract (after you all slagged him off and called him judas and fickle :D) but you can't polish rust.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:52:28 AM by zippyandbungle »

Craleten Brew

« Reply #3274 on: August 11, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »
Looks like I've missed a bit  :o

In the grand scheme of things finishing above you for two seasons in a row and our subsequent happiness at doing so comes during a period in which you've spent a lot more money than we have - I'd say that's something to be pleased about on our part. And ok you found some form that saved you last season, but so did Wolves the two seasons they stayed up. You MAY do well next season, but I see no reason to believe that just because you had good form that coincided with other's poor form, and you survived relegation narrowly again, that Paul Lambert is the tactical genius you're all singing and dancing about - for large parts of the season you were garbage. Fair play to your players for realising they were in the poo and working hard for you for the last few weeks of the season, but by all means that's no indication that you're going to set the world alight this season. I'd put good money on you struggling again.

I would agree with you if I were basing my optimism purely on the performances at the end of last year. We have done some good business (early might I add) this summer, and we now have some decent competition in every position; something we sorely lacked last season. Even Benteke has Nicklas Helenius breathing down his neck so even he can't afford to be lethargic as his starting spot isn't guaranteed. Couple that with the promising performances of last season, which I put down to a group of young players improving and getting used to the league (don't be surprised if you see Matt Lowton or Ashley Westwood traveling to Brazil next summer). We tied down all of our best players to new contracts, and for the first season in a while go into the new campaign without selling a prized asset, and with the same manager as last season. A manager who I should add, has a clear plan set out for us and in my opinion, the best manager we've had for a decade. So yes, things are looking up for us  ;D. I'll just leave you with what you should come to expect next season
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:16:16 AM by OldburyWBA »