Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2250053 times)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #1725 on: October 04, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
No personal insults, please. The topic is Aston Villa, not McSkittle himself or any other seal posting here.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1726 on: October 04, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »
Stockport like West Bromwich is just over the border of a major City
Stockport have a greater population by 100,000 or so.
Birmingham to my surprise as a population double that of Manchester.

So to summarise per head of population it looks like the vile are less than average on the pitch and also on their gates.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1727 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

Birmingham is England's 2nd city, behind London. Its just that like most of the country between London and Manchester - ignored.

Handsworth Wood Villa

« Reply #1728 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:06 PM »
How do you measure size? Serious question?

Fanbase.

Success is measured by trophies won.

Size of club is measured by size of fanbase.

But like you say Albion's medium-sized fanbase is similar to a lot of other clubs in the country so it's hard to split them.

Handsworth Wood Villa

« Reply #1729 on: October 04, 2012, 10:58:16 PM »
Stockport like West Bromwich is just over the border of a major City
Stockport have a greater population by 100,000 or so.

So to summarise per head of population it looks like the vile are less than average on the pitch and also on their gates.

I agree with this.

It is quite dissappointing to think that Manchester's #2 club and Liverpool's #2 club have a similar size fanbase to Birmingham's #1 club.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1730 on: October 05, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »
Just saw this fact:

Villa are rubbish  :D
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1731 on: October 06, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »

Take away one lucky European Cup

I'd mock the nonsense of your post, but then Paul, I realise you're still bitter. It must be your hair not being as curly as it was.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1732 on: October 06, 2012, 06:09:07 PM »
You really are rather ignorant of football in general which is no surprise.
Postcode 0121, football had it's roots long before goverments and councils messed about with boarders and such.
West Bromwich may have been lumped onto Birmingham to make life easier for BT and the postal service but in no way is it a part of Birmingham.
Very rough figures West Brom population 330K Birmingham 2Million .
backside end of nowhere no were not were next to a big City whose football supporters in the main support the vile.

2 million people in Birmingham. "Its seven inches, honest bab!".

Yes, you're fooling nobody. There are 2.6 million people in the West Midlands and Birmingham makes up less than half the population. The notion that the Noses on come from Yardley and Shirley or that you lot only come from Gornal and West Brom is pische.

Thousands of Albion fans make their way back into Birmingham after every home game. The train into Snow Hill is as full as the one going to Rowley.

Their are obviously heartlands of support, but since the advent of the automobile and its wide spread availability to the common man, fans prop up the region and the country all over. There's probably as many Villa fans in Solihull as Noses.

You're not a small town team. You're a town that makes up a sprawling conurbation. 

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1733 on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
Stockport is full of Man City fans.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1734 on: October 06, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
Have you been kicked off villa talk or something ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1735 on: October 06, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »
No, Villa Talk is on the tab to the left. Why? This is a thread about the Villa isn't it?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1736 on: October 06, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »
Yep it is and do you have anything constructive to add to it ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1737 on: October 06, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
I add an alternate view point.

There's obviously a lot of people talking dogs eggs in this thread, which is to be expected. But then there are some interesting points in the mix. I am interested in the idea that you see yourself as a small town team. I don't see it that way.

Is there a problem with this?

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1738 on: October 06, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »
I add an alternate view point.

There's obviously a lot of people talking dogs eggs in this thread, which is to be expected. But then there are some interesting points in the mix. I am interested in the idea that you see yourself as a small town team. I don't see it that way.

Is there a problem with this?

Its not dogs eggs, its an alternate view point  ???

Anyhoo, how is it you only grace us with the pleasure of your company when your team haven't lost, will you be on here tomorrow after spuds have spanked you???????? mmmmm! probably not  :P
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1739 on: October 06, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
I wont be on tomorrow whatever the result as its a bit of drive from N17 to Manchester on a Sunday.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1740 on: October 06, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
No personal insults, please. The topic is Aston Villa, not McSkittle himself or any other seal posting here.

That made me laugh, brilliant, best post of the week.
Baggie in Southampton

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1741 on: October 07, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »
That made me laugh, brilliant, best post of the week.

Glad you appreciated that.  ;D

reiss

« Reply #1742 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »

Glad that these lost again, only 9 points behind us  ;D

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1743 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »
Glad that these lost again, only 9 points behind us  ;D

doesnt really matter as im sure  McSkittle will remind everybody that they won the European cup. if i was Paul Lambert i would be telling my players 'make sure you tell em we won the European cup, that will scare em' ;D

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1744 on: October 07, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »
Think their stay up but will finish around 15th -16th.  Bent will keep them up but if he is sold in January then their in the deep end.
BOING BOING

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1745 on: October 09, 2012, 08:21:45 PM »
2 million people in Birmingham. "Its seven inches, honest bab!".

Yes, you're fooling nobody. There are 2.6 million people in the West Midlands and Birmingham makes up less than half the population. The notion that the Noses on come from Yardley and Shirley or that you lot only come from Gornal and West Brom is pische.

Thousands of Albion fans make their way back into Birmingham after every home game. The train into Snow Hill is as full as the one going to Rowley.

Their are obviously heartlands of support, but since the advent of the automobile and its wide spread availability to the common man, fans prop up the region and the country all over. There's probably as many Villa fans in Solihull as Noses.

You're not a small town team. You're a town that makes up a sprawling conurbation.

I'll give you that one  i misread the report it's  1,073,000 still near eight times the size of West Brom.
Given vile's popularity there are more Black Country folk suppot vile than brummies who support the Baggies.
Allowing for support from the surrounding areas there is stiil a vast difference in size of catchment area's.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:37:09 PM by KYA »

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1746 on: October 09, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
Do any of you listen to Radio WM at 6pm the football phone in?.
You should if you don't there as been a viler on there called Alan.
3wks ago he came on saying vile would finish 15pts clear of the Albion EASY.
Last week he was asked by Franksy if he was serious and he said well it will be at least 10pts.
He was on today saying the vile need to win there next two games or they could be in trouble BLESS!!.
He as obviously forgot that they will finish way ahead of Albion and as no need to worry about relegation.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1747 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:38 AM »
That weird, posh man/woman/child thing Si is the best seal on WM - absolute radio gold every week.

The day Petrovs illness was announced he/she/haemaphrodite came on and opened with "can he play with it as I'm worried about who the captain will be".
I only go for the beer.

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1748 on: October 10, 2012, 09:06:48 AM »
I can take the fact that Villa are bigger than Albion, I can accept I believe you to be the biggest club in the Midlands and I believe you are one of the biggest 10 teams nationally (however nowhere near as big as a club from the second city should be).

I cant take you making out we are the third club of Birmingham however. Yes West Bromwich is on the border, however one of the unique things about West Brom is that we are a club who's fanbase is only spread one one side of our stadium. We have barely any fans in Handsworth where the ground borders or any area surrounding, due to the joint factors of the large man Utd and Liverpool support, partnered with it being so close to Aston Villa. A

Nearly all of our fan base is form Sandwell and Dudley, with support from areas around Walsall, Stourbridge and Worcestershire. We are not quite "provincial", however we are a small town team with most of our support coming from 2 large boroughs - certainly not a Birmingham team.

For a club of our size, to have won the League, Fa Cup, League cup and Community Shield as well as getting to the  latter rounds of 2 European competitions isn't bad.

Albion has always been one of the three Birmingham teams, and historically the main one in the west of the city.

I grew up and went to school in Handsworth in the seventies and eighties, and most of my mates were Albion.

Youre right, though, that in the last twenty-thirty years, there's definitely been a shift towards the Black Country, as we've been out of the top flight and looking towards the wolves.

But it's an aberration. And one which needs to be reversed if we're to prosper.

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1749 on: October 10, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
That weird, posh man/woman/child thing Si is the best seal on WM - absolute radio gold every week.

The day Petrovs illness was announced he/she/haemaphrodite came on and opened with "can he play with it as I'm worried about who the captain will be".

Was he/she the weirdo who also said 'Olsson for Villa' just before he signed a new contract? nearly spat my coffee out laughing at that, those twonks can only dream of getting someone like Olsson, especailly in their position now!
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s