Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 93796 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: FA Cup
« Reply #550 on: February 29, 2024, 07:18:58 AM »
Jammie Dingles with the easiest draw
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #551 on: February 29, 2024, 07:25:17 PM »
I was delighted when Villa got to the FA Cup Final against Arsenal as I could see what was heading their way in the form of an absolute pumping. I honestly wouldn't mind if Villa and Wolves alternated FA Cup Final appearances so long as they both do the decent thing and take a fisting in an uncomfortable place every time they get there.
That Arsenal soccer 😉 fest was the best. Watched it in the Prince of Wales pub, Moseley. The handful of vile fans there chose the wrong venue. I nearly felt sorry for them.😁
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #552 on: March 16, 2024, 01:07:30 PM »
Wolves aren't looking great against Coventry, Coventry have had the better chances and should be one nil up, but Ellis Simms made an absolute pigs ear of an open goal and hits it exactly where Sa was. This makes me even more disappointed how we lost to them. We were at home and didn't go for it. Coventry are away and are going for it
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #553 on: March 16, 2024, 02:11:57 PM »
Cov score in 97th minute to make it 2-2

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #554 on: March 16, 2024, 02:16:47 PM »
Cov score in 97th minute to make it 2-2

They win it 3-2. Fully deserved and a brilliant match.

As happy as I am to see Wolves lose, I’m a little disappointed to not get 30 more minutes of that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #555 on: March 16, 2024, 02:18:08 PM »
Cov win 3-2. Difficult to say if that will benefit us or not. It may fatigue them more with extra game(s), but may spur them on to make a real fist of reaching and winning the play offs.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #556 on: March 16, 2024, 02:19:24 PM »
They win it 3-2. Fully deserved and a brilliant match.

As happy as I am to see Wolves lose, I’m a little disappointed to not get 30 more minutes of that.

Bloody hell went to bathroom to get setup for ET and i miss it all!

Bye bye dogheads.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #557 on: March 16, 2024, 02:23:07 PM »
Ellis Simms who missed a sitter scored 2 I wanted 30 minutes more of that, but it would clash with our game. But great to see the Dingles get beaten in the last seconds after singing about Wembley I knew they were being premature, I knew Coventry weren't out. Still annoying to see that we didn't play like this at our own place. Wolves twice against Championship Opposition us and Coventry didn't look convincing.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #558 on: March 16, 2024, 02:25:13 PM »
Ha ha

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #559 on: March 16, 2024, 02:27:47 PM »
ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS  ;D

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: March 16, 2024, 02:28:51 PM »
Coventry superb. Wolves dreadful. Pathetic performance, abysmal atmosphere. Glorious.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #561 on: March 16, 2024, 02:29:06 PM »
What a brilliant day so far, Now for Albion to get 3 points, them going on about the Bragging rights means absolutely nothing, we have beaten Coventry this season, they didn't batter us or relegate us. The last time Wolves beat us they won the cup all that rubbish, Forever in our Shadow. Bye Bye Dingles. Oh and I hope Italy beat Wales so I can brag to my Welsh mate about the Wooden spoon

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #562 on: March 16, 2024, 05:04:00 PM »
What a brilliant day so far, Now for Albion to get 3 points, them going on about the Bragging rights means absolutely nothing, we have beaten Coventry this season, they didn't batter us or relegate us. The last time Wolves beat us they won the cup all that rubbish, Forever in our Shadow. Bye Bye Dingles. Oh and I hope Italy beat Wales so I can brag to my Welsh mate about the Wooden spoon
Italy have beaten Wales so it's fair to say you've had a good day 😄

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #563 on: March 16, 2024, 05:43:45 PM »
Can we please ask Craig Dawson's take on this result after we had his thoughts on our game?

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #564 on: March 17, 2024, 02:11:19 PM »
Italy have beaten Wales so it's fair to say you've had a good day 😄
Yes until England lost to France and Darlo lost 5-4 but Albion and the Dingles made up for that. Plus England scored 4 Tries and did really well

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #565 on: March 17, 2024, 02:14:50 PM »
Chelsea have let a 2-0 lead slip at the Bridge to Leicester to potentially make it an even better weekend for the Baggies with one of our former players Enzo Maresca potentially causing an upset. I think if Leicester win, then it will be a possible M69 Derby and a Man City Liverpool semi Final or a Man City Liverpool final. As if Chelsea get through to play Liverpool in the semi or Even the Final it will be boring. They have 22 minutes to get a winner do Leicester who have been the better side in the second half. Jammy sods Chelsea have a Free Kick and the Leicester player got sent off for barely any contact honestly think it is a shocking descion, they initially gave a penalty it wasn't. I think Jackson made the most of it. I would have preferred the Penalty
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 02:20:15 PM by BaggieBoy04 »

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #566 on: March 17, 2024, 03:21:56 PM »
Chelsea won 4-2 in the end. Question to you all, do you class the league Cup as a major honour. As ITV said the last team to win a major honour was Coventry City in 1987 whether that was FA Cup honours, I don't know but then they mentioned Birmingham City Ladies in 2012, now I might be wrong but they didn't mention Birmingham City winning the League Cup in 2011 if they are on about Wembley apparences which was mentioned then Blues won the last major honour in Midlands Men's football in 2011. As I don't think Blues ladies won the FA Cup In 2012 at Wembley

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #567 on: March 17, 2024, 06:27:07 PM »
Chelsea won 4-2 in the end. Question to you all, do you class the league Cup as a major honour. As ITV said the last team to win a major honour was Coventry City in 1987 whether that was FA Cup honours, I don't know but then they mentioned Birmingham City Ladies in 2012, now I might be wrong but they didn't mention Birmingham City winning the League Cup in 2011 if they are on about Wembley apparences which was mentioned then Blues won the last major honour in Midlands Men's football in 2011. As I don't think Blues ladies won the FA Cup In 2012 at Wembley

It's a major honour, yes. Just doesn't carry the same weight as the FA Cup.
Allllllll aboard

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #568 on: April 18, 2024, 02:26:48 PM »
ALL FA cup replays will be scrapped from the start of next season.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #569 on: April 18, 2024, 05:01:48 PM »

Lower league clubs are the ones to suffer, they go to the big boys, get a draw and the money a replay brings in keeps them going but now that stops and the big boys who have the larger squads and play reserve sides anyhow get their own way.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #570 on: April 18, 2024, 05:38:16 PM »
Such a shame the FA Cup has steadily been devalued part of it's glamour used to be when ties dragged on for 4 or 5 games that captured all fans interest not just those involved.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #571 on: April 18, 2024, 05:55:31 PM »
It’s a disgraceful decision, made worse by the fact that there has been no consultation with any other bodies it has been implemented solely by the greed league ! Tranmere have come out with a very good statement and it needs more clubs to follow.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/tranmere-rovers-unite-football-world-162512552.html
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 06:25:26 PM by OldburyWBA »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: April 18, 2024, 09:00:26 PM »
Football league and non league clubs should boycott it

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #573 on: April 18, 2024, 09:00:45 PM »
Grimsby have now issued a statement along similar lines to that of Tranmere
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #574 on: April 18, 2024, 09:15:39 PM »
Unbelievable decision, the FA cup is becoming a shadow of what it was.

First they allowed differing rules for those with var and those without and now this.

Always cowering to the top clubs' wishes.