Author Topic: Goalscorer!!  (Read 6977 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Goalscorer!!
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2020, 09:37:40 AM »
As bomber always says if you don't shoot you don't score,how many goals have we scored from the edge or outside the box,good players ,we tippy tap it about round the box till there's no way through,if we don't get to the premier then, Morton and Tulloch should be in the first team next season,cause the money won't be there to buy a decent stricker,

I would certainly expect Morton to be one of our striking options next season. Yes he's young and needs to step up but he'll only do that if we give him the opportunity.

When you look at what is ahead of him in the queue there is no real block.

I wouldn't like to see him go on loan again, I'd like to see him in the first team squad and us integrate him as and when.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

Re: Goalscorer!!
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2020, 09:39:21 AM »
Fulham - Mitrovic
Leeds - Bamford
Brentford - mbeuemo, Benrahma, Watkins.
Forest - Grabban

These are four of the top six excluding us and Cardiff. All of which have one recognised striker who can cause problems at this level.

Who do we have?

HRK- 6 good games around Christmas. A league one striker

Austin- Unfit, passed his sell by date,

Zohore - Don't get me started

Tulloch - Untested at this level.

There's the obvious problem. I've already said what I'd do in the summer

Gayle, Toney, Woodrow in. Gayle would get the fans back on side and score the goals. Toney is a gamble but should it pay off it would be fantastic and Woodrow has done very well in a poor Barnsley side so I imagine with proper support from the likes of Perreira and he could thrive but those are only a small few of my suggestions.

Just had a look at woodrows stats out of curiosity 14 goals in that Barnsley side this season that's more than our top goal scorer and we are currently 2nd. Make of that what you will. Shouldn't break the bank either.

Nothing wrong with the players you have suggested, however in my opinion we will not have the finances to purchase such players.

We will have to rely on someone like Tulloch \ Morton or take a chance on a very young striker from elsewhere.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.