Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1745346 times)

royhan

• WBA Coach

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #825 on: June 16, 2014, 08:37:44 PM »
Does anyone know when the long-awaited press conference with Irvine is? When it does happen I hope our journos make it abundantly clear what the majority of fans appear to think about his appointment.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #826 on: June 16, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »
If no-one would buy the club for £125m, then it isn't worth £125m. Like anything else, the club is worth exactly what the market will pay for it. That said, I still don't see how being in the Championship would cause the club to be more attractive to a buyer or induce him to pay more for it.

If you look at it like buying shares in a company, you wouldn't buy them at top dollar, WBA's stock is probably around 90% of it's potential, to increase that, would take a degree of risk, so if a share is worth say £100, why would you risk that to make £10?

If you buy at a reduced price, then the earning potential is much greater.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #827 on: June 16, 2014, 08:41:09 PM »
Does anyone know when the long-awaited press conference with Irvine is? When it does happen I hope our journos make it abundantly clear what the majority of fans appear to think about his appointment.

Half time of the England match.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #828 on: June 16, 2014, 08:42:22 PM »
Half time of the England match.

Didnt i hear it was Wednesday
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #829 on: June 16, 2014, 08:43:33 PM »

Didnt i hear it was Wednesday

Maybe mate, just what a friend told me.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #830 on: June 16, 2014, 08:43:50 PM »
What you COULD do, were you of a devious nature, you could run the club down so much over six months that you suddenly end up with some very cheap shares you could buy. Then once you'd got what you needed to go to plan B, you could just do enough to make sure the club retains its Prem status. Then sell.

If Peace is clever enough to manage that, we need to keep him at all costs.  ;)

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #831 on: June 16, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »
All the years we have been carefull, no one has come in for us . We now have I believe 9500 shares and he is looking to buy a few off fans at 3000 each . This would value the club at 28.5 million . We can state clearly that doesn't look a fair figure . Even if we go down we have parachute payments for 4 years. Plus players could be sold off . 60 million could still be looked at a low figure . But it ain't bad considering he hasn't spent much of his own money is it .

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #832 on: June 16, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
All the years we have been carefull, no one has come in for us . We now have I believe 9500 shares and he is looking to buy a few off fans at 3000 each . This would value the club at 28.5 million . We can state clearly that doesn't look a fair figure . Even if we go down we have parachute payments for 4 years. Plus players could be sold off . 60 million could still be looked at a low figure . But it ain't bad considering he hasn't spent much of his own money is it .

He hasn't spent a penny of his own money since he has been here
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #833 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »

Wednesday 12:00pm Press Conference.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #834 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »
If you look at it like buying shares in a company, you wouldn't buy them at top dollar, WBA's stock is probably around 90% of it's potential, to increase that, would take a degree of risk, so if a share is worth say £100, why would you risk that to make £10?

If you buy at a reduced price, then the earning potential is much greater.

If your point is that things which cost less are more desirable, I can hardly disagree.  :P

But Peace doesn't have to make the club less valuable to accept less money for it.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #835 on: June 16, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
Just listened to Burton on Tom Ross defending Irvines Appointment and he did not do a very good job.
When he was asked about bringing in top quality players he paused for quite a while.
I hope I can move on but I am struggling at the moment perhaps a good 100k signing might help from Preston.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #836 on: June 16, 2014, 09:03:50 PM »
If your point is that things which cost less are more desirable, I can hardly disagree.  :P

But Peace doesn't have to make the club less valuable to accept less money for it.

Again Quakes, what he has done, brilliantly well, is make the club as valuable as it is. by reducing liabilities, your not devaluing the club, your increasing it's earning potential.

Would you prefer £100 if it cost you £99 to earn it? or would you prefer £10 that cost £1 to earn it?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #837 on: June 16, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
Just listened to Burton on Tom Ross defending Irvines Appointment and he did not do a very good job.
When he was asked about bringing in top quality players he paused for quite a while.
I hope I can move on but I am struggling at the moment perhaps a good 100k signing might help from Preston.

http://www.freeradio.co.uk/news/sport/burton-on-irvine-appointment/?region=blackcountry&region=birmingham

For anyone who wants to listen to Terry Burton on Irvine.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #838 on: June 16, 2014, 09:04:42 PM »
When have we ever discussed our targets in public before they have signed?  Kalou? That went well (and was no doubt part of the reason for our dismal recruitment and the sacking of Clarke)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #839 on: June 16, 2014, 09:09:35 PM »
Alan Irvine on Anichebe a long while ago :D

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/2401383/irvine-victor-can-be-next-drog

Everton assistant Alan Irvine believes Victor Anichebe could one day be as good as Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.

Let see if Irvine can coach it into him :-X

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #840 on: June 16, 2014, 09:10:27 PM »
http://www.freeradio.co.uk/news/sport/burton-on-irvine-appointment/?region=blackcountry&region=birmingham

He didn't inspire me one little bit. I was hoping for a something but I have to let go of any hope for now and for this upcoming season. We are going down. I am so furious with myself for renewing. If I hadn't I wouldn't have after this appointment.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #841 on: June 16, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/2401383/irvine-victor-can-be-next-drog

Everton assistant Alan Irvine believes Victor Anichebe could one day be as good as Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.

Embarrassing! 

Shola Ameobi has just come on for Nigeria by the way. He'd form a lethal partnership with Anichebe plus he's on a free. Go get him JP.  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2014, 09:24:04 PM »

They couldn't understand why we are also mad with the appointment. I just kept screaming at the radio even at my beloved Bomber. He and Tom Ross kept saying it will all depend on what players we bring in. BUT WE ALL KNOW AS ALBION FANS WE WONT BRING IN GOOD PLAYERS. We know now that the appointment of Irvine is a sign of the quality of players we will buy. At what point are we right in Bombers and Toms opinion to be as furious as we are now. Will they agree when they see the players that come in? Why can't they see what we know?

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #843 on: June 16, 2014, 09:25:15 PM »
Sorry for the  negative post VVV but I don't normally do negative, but at the moment I am wondering around the house trying to make sense of it all.

I hope I am on here in twelve months holding my hand up .
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #844 on: June 16, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »
All the fans can do now is wait and see . The new bloke is in and many aren't pleased but it's still our club . Get behind them and keep yeah fingers crossed .

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #845 on: June 16, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »

Dragging up quotes from 2006, nice.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #846 on: June 16, 2014, 09:31:22 PM »
Embarrassing! 

Shola Ameobi has just come on for Nigeria by the way. He'd form a lethal partnership with Anichebe plus he's on a free. Go get him JP.  ;D
And now they have bought on some bloke called Odemwingie remember him?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #847 on: June 16, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »
And now they have bought on some bloke called Odemwingie remember him?

I've thought recently that his acidic comments in the past might be due to a very unhappy camp. Not justifying him, but, ya know...??
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #848 on: June 16, 2014, 09:35:09 PM »
All the fans can do now is wait and see . The new bloke is in and many aren't pleased but it's still our club . Get behind them and keep yeah fingers crossed .
Fingers crossed we don't see scenes of Albion supporters fighting with each other when we start losing. Some getting angry at others saying "support the team" "stop booing get behind the lads" I can see the whole ugly mess of a season in front of us. Tom Ross is living in cloud cukoo land if he thinks we will bring in top players. Its just not going to happen. This appointment tells us that. Cheap that's the guide not quality.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #849 on: June 16, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »
I see according to Pat Frost, Roy Hodgson says Alan Irvine is a "great coach".

Still, everyone on here probably knows better than the England manager so I suppose AI must just rubbish like they all say.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.