Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1761644 times)

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #725 on: June 16, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »
Writing's on the wall folks: I think JP is looking to wind down his direct financial investment into the playing and coaching staff because he's looking to sell up.

Look at the facts: he's made this offer of £3,000 a pop to existing shareholders so he can get to a 75% shareholding.

That means he can sell to whoever he wants.

He's winding down his investment of time and money in the club, but in the process we could end up going down.

Nothing personal against you mate but I've seen this themed post on numerous occasions & I can't believe that some can't see the improbability of it, will WBA be worth more or less money to JP if we get relegated, its just nonsensical to think Peace wants us to go down, the best analogy I can offer is this: say you've got a car to sell & in its current condition its worth £10.000, would you take a piece of 4x2 & batter it, making it worth less then half? ...........answers on a postcard  :)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #726 on: June 16, 2014, 12:06:31 PM »
Nothing personal against you mate but I've seen this themed post on numerous occasions & I can't believe that some can't see the improbability of it, will WBA be worth more or less money to JP if we get relegated, its just nonsensical to think Peace wants us to go down, the best analogy I can offer is this: say you've got a car to sell & in its current condition its worth £10.000, would you take a piece of 4x2 & batter it, making it worth less then half? ...........answers on a postcard  :)

It's just a theory, and you could well be right. After all and part of me agrees with you because I can't really see the true sense in JP's actions if it's true.   ;)

I'm not saying that he wants us to go down. (Even if we did there have been Championship clubs who have been bought and sold under similar circumstances).

To use your car analogy, I'm not saying he's deliberately out to run it down. He's paying the bare minimum running costs to keep it in working condition, so a buyer can come along eventually.

So that's what I'm trying to say: You can see this whole situation as Peace keeping the club ticking over for less than it'd cost to really get it back into tip-top Dan Ashworth/ Roy Hodgson era shape.

So you could be right, but the more I think about it the more I think he wants out.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #727 on: June 16, 2014, 12:15:44 PM »
Got into work this morning and there's a lad who's a Blackpool fan says there is a thread on their website saying what are we thinking appointing Irvine as head coach.
 Just about says it all when lower league sides fans are taking the p**s.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 12:20:14 PM by hunsletbaggie »

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #728 on: June 16, 2014, 12:42:21 PM »
I feel sorry for those of you who renewed prior to this announcement being made.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #729 on: June 16, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »

Investor, i want to buy, but i'm not paying all the tax,
Jezza, ok $x, xxx,xxx in cayman account and $x,xxx,xxx through the WBA holdings account ok
Investor, sounds cool, get 75% of the shares into WBA holdings and we're good to go.
Jezza, ok will have to a bit of ducking and diving to scare the unwashed into signing over their shares, but as soon as we have them its all yours.
Shakes hands!!

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #730 on: June 16, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »
Jezza, ok $x, xxx,xxx in cayman account and $x,xxx,xxx through the WBA holdings account ok
Investor, sounds cool, get 75% of the shares into WBA holdings and we're good to go.
Jezza, ok will have to a bit of ducking and diving to scare the unwashed into signing over their shares, but as soon as we have them its all yours.
Shakes hands!!

Roughly where my brain's been heading on this.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #731 on: June 16, 2014, 01:11:44 PM »
Shakes hands!!

Could make a great film (if a tad libelous) I do love a good conspiracy theory.  :-X

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #732 on: June 16, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »
Good point made by westbromjim on another thread.

How come we haven't seen the obligatory scarf waving photo session of peace and Irvine welcome anywhere?

Too embarrassing is it?

Stormy78

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #733 on: June 16, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »
Its planned for Half time in the England game on Thursday.....

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #734 on: June 16, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »

so hes hoping that England will be 3 up by then and we are all merry on ale
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #735 on: June 16, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
Yes just because Peace knows no one will be around to hurl the deserved abuse heading his way, the COWARD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #736 on: June 16, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »
Yes just because Peace knows no one will be around to hurl the deserved abuse heading his way, the COWARD

Yes I'm sure he's absolutely s4!ting himself at the thought of fans slagging him off, if he is the man many on here have depicted him as, he won't give a flying flip about what any of us think.

As for the scarf waving 'issue', is this just another stick to beat the club with?  :-[

If Peace stood at the Kings gates handing out free fivers there would be some calling him a tight wad as it should be tenners. damned if you do & all that

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #737 on: June 16, 2014, 01:58:47 PM »
Yes I'm sure he's absolutely s4!ting himself at the thought of fans slagging him off, if he is the man many on here have depicted him as, he won't give a flying **** about what any of us think.

As for the scarf waving 'issue', is this just another stick to beat the club with?  :-[

If Peace stood at the Kings gates handing out free fivers there would be some calling him a tight wad as it should be tenners. damned if you do & all that

Actually you never know he might, maybe he wasn't expecting this level of reaction, he seems so far adrift of what the fans think, and now he has shown his colours that he just doesn't care about the fans either.

Seen this coming for a while, but some fans still stuck up for him, we'll he has crossed that line now of no real return, but hey, what does he care :'(

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #738 on: June 16, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »
Good point made by westbromjim on another thread.

How come we haven't seen the obligatory scarf waving photo session of peace and Irvine welcome anywhere?

Too embarrassing is it?

Let's face it, Peace has been left with egg all over his face with this decision. Everyone in football knows that Irvine would have been nowhere near the top of any list, therefore the only logic is that he was the only one who would even consider the job, all other genuine applicants have said no, Sherwood has as good as said so. It also flies in the face of everything he said at the end of the season, so makes him look like a prize plum.
Peace thought he was a big shot, hard talking businessman, but has now been found out to be a spoilt brat who no-one wants to work with. That's why no scarf waving, he is licking his wounds somewhere.
Let's hope his damaged ego prompts him to move on and sell to someone who actually has the club at heart and not purely their own interests.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #739 on: June 16, 2014, 02:17:35 PM »
Actually you never know he might, maybe he wasn't expecting this level of reaction, he seems so far adrift of what the fans think, and now he has shown his colours that he just doesn't care about the fans either.

Seen this coming for a while, but some fans still stuck up for him, we'll he has crossed that line now of no real return, but hey, what does he care :'(

I'm sure that most if not all Premier team owners don't really care about fans, so please don't think its exclusive to us, given the choice between Sky money or fans money which do you think they would choose?

Jeremy Peace is obviously a wealthy man (queue the 'because he's taking so much out of the club' theorist's), fans need to see beyond petty jealousy & realise that whilst its not & probably never will be perfect, it could be a damn sight worse & here comes the cliche 'BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR'   

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #740 on: June 16, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
Cant wait for the Peace Disciples coming out saying they love the new strip
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #741 on: June 16, 2014, 02:21:24 PM »
I'm sure that most if not all Premier team owners don't really care about fans, so please don't think its exclusive to us, given the choice between Sky money or fans money which do you think they would choose?

Jeremy Peace is obviously a wealthy man (queue the 'because he's taking so much out of the club' theorist's), fans need to see beyond petty jealousy & realise that whilst its not & probably never will be perfect, it could be a damn sight worse & here comes the cliche 'BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR'   
Oh by no means is he on his own, however many of our fans have thought he was ok for this club in the past, now they see his and mark Jenkins true colours.

Sometimes people out stay their welcome, of course we have to be careful what we ask for, but hey we need to bold and stand up for what we believe in, and a dictatorship is not what this country is used to

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #742 on: June 16, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »
With respect I can't think of anything that would be worse for us than JP and his last two year's worth of actions.

People vilified Vincent Tan because he radically altered the team's strip, ignored the fans opinions completely on just about everything and made rash egotistical decisions that were not in the least bit in the club's interest.

Looks the same to me.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #743 on: June 16, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »
I wonder if Dan Ashworth fancies a chairmanship job - it seems more and more to me that he was the 'brains' for a long time.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #744 on: June 16, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »
Let's face it, Peace has been left with egg all over his face with this decision. Everyone in football knows that Irvine would have been nowhere near the top of any list, therefore the only logic is that he was the only one who would even consider the job, all other genuine applicants have said no, Sherwood has as good as said so. It also flies in the face of everything he said at the end of the season, so makes him look like a prize plum.
Peace thought he was a big shot, hard talking businessman, but has now been found out to be a spoilt brat who no-one wants to work with. That's why no scarf waving, he is licking his wounds somewhere.
Let's hope his damaged ego prompts him to move on and sell to someone who actually has the club at heart and not purely their own interests.

I think you have summed it up well how we ended up with this appointment. Any decent applicant would never even contemplate applying as JP's reputation must by now be well-known. That then leaves second-rate applicants and I bet some of them decided no once the reality of the constraints hit them.

perkyone

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #745 on: June 16, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
It's Interesting that someone has mentioned Dan Ashworth, when he was at the club there were loads saying he had to go  because his decision making was rubbish. Look how hard he worked for the club and the players he brought in.  We certainly miss him now. Give JP some credit  i remember JP coming up from London with London supporters club to home games he always had an opinion about how the club should go. He was a committed fan with some sound opinions on finance and football.  He has certainly moved this club forward. Sherwood and Ferdinand have no pedigree or track record they would have been a bigger personalities which is always a big risk. Majority of moaning baggies fans i hear sound remarkably like seals!!! Lets see how committed you all are when we start making some signings.
 Make your judgment then

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #746 on: June 16, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
It's Interesting that someone has mentioned Dan Ashworth, when he was at the club there were loads saying he had to go  because his decision making was rubbish. Look how hard he worked for the club and the players he brought in.  We certainly miss him now. Give JP some credit  i remember JP coming up from London with London supporters club to home games he always had an opinion about how the club should go. He was a committed fan with some sound opinions on finance and football.  He has certainly moved this club forward. Sherwood and Ferdinand have no pedigree or track record they would have been a bigger personalities which is always a big risk. Majority of moaning baggies fans i hear sound remarkably like seals!!! Lets see how committed you all are when we start making some signings.
 Make your judgment then

Ha ha decent signings, yeah right, cuckoo cuckoo

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #747 on: June 16, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
 Make your judgment then

and what track record does Alan Irvine have?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #748 on: June 16, 2014, 02:51:03 PM »
Ha ha decent signings, yeah right, cuckoo cuckoo

Agree the appointment of Irvine is the indicator of the ambition will be showing on transfers. Cheap and sh*te.

Irvine will be the yes man that will not even question it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #749 on: June 16, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »
Any one got any odds on Irvines sacking at this stage
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties