Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1754908 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2014, 06:36:20 PM »
Just tweeted by Chris Lepkowski:

"Downing and Kelly are very good pals from time at WW"

These pair are obviously a big problem at the club, everything it seems has to revolve around them. God knows why they are hardly Clough and Taylor are they?

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2014, 06:36:21 PM »
Sack Mel, then dally about for 5 weeks before appointing Irvine. Wow.

I was already losing interest in Albion due to the decisions being made over the last 18 months or so, but this has just confirmed it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:39:04 PM by maccbaggie »

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2014, 06:36:28 PM »
I hate football. >:(

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »
Oh dear, what a rubbish appointment.
Baggie in Southampton

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2014, 06:37:19 PM »
Just tweeted by Chris Lepkowski:

"Downing and Kelly are very good pals from time at WW"
Told ya day I
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

kendo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2014, 06:38:16 PM »
What a load of rubbish, we wait nearly 5 weeks for that. we are just a laughing stock. What was all the rubbish about not making the same mistakes, I  think we can safely say this is worse. I dread to think what type of players we will attract, if any. All JP crappy speech counts for nothing. Anyway playing in the rubbish new strip will just about put the finishing touch to it all. I bet theres a few people down the road laughing there socks off. OOPS sorry don't mention socks. I think after all the years I have followed WBA its time to get a life. and sod em.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
From my bit of research, Irvine is leaving a job as Academy chief at Everton for us (hence why he's not managed in the league for a while). Between him and Sherwood's tendency to use young players I think it tells you in which direction Peace wants to go.. He really wants the academy producing something it seems.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:41:58 PM by Hunnington Baggie »

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
From wiki

Irvine took over as manager of Preston North End on 20 November 2007 with Preston in a relegation battle. He guided Preston to a respectable 15th place in the 2007–08 season. In his first full season in charge, Irvine led Preston to the play-offs when on a dramatic final day of the season.After that he was named the Championship Manager of the Month for April. Preston lost their play-off semi-final to Sheffield United 2–1 on aggregate. He was sacked on 29 December 2009 after Preston suffered a poor run of results where the team only won once in 10 games.

Irvine was appointed manager of Sheffield Wednesday on 8 January 2010.Wednesday got off to a good start under Irvine. Irvine was named Championship Manager of the month for January 2010. This form was not sustained, however, as the last game of the season ended in a 2–2 draw, relegating Wednesday to League One.

Despite making several new signings, the team continued to have consistently poor results. On 3 February 2011, Wednesday sacked Irvine with the side lying 12th in League One.

RDM,Clarke type manager,helpless to lead the team out of the plight.
The PRIDE of midlands

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »
Despite the club trying to big up Irvine's role at Everton, he wasn't Moyes' assistant.

I know, he was at Preston.

bednarsboingboing balls

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
What a load of rubbish, we wait nearly 5 weeks for that. we are just a laughing stock. What was all the rubbish about not making the same mistakes, I  think we can safely say this is worse. I dread to think what type of players we will attract, if any. All JP crappy speech counts for nothing. Anyway playing in the rubbish new strip will just about put the finishing touch to it all. I bet theres a few people down the road laughing there socks off. OOPS sorry don't mention socks. I think after all the years I have followed WBA its time to get a life. and sod em.
yes sod kendo , vote with our feet might make peace urine off

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:29 PM »
I bet most of the remains of our 1st team are texting their agents as we speak!  ;D

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
If this is the calibre of coach we are bringing in, what sort of calibre of players are we looking at ???

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
What an opportunity to turn a negative year around with an interesting, passionate you g coach. Irvine gets no chance from me he needs to prove to us all why he has got the job , my faith in Peace has been destroyed. This is a huge gamble and I'm convinced it won't pay off.

I'm in utter shock.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »
I would encourage a many of you as possible to get refunds on your season tickets. Seriously. We, as a fan base, have been taken for mugs.

Jeremy's statement of intent leads to nothing. We've appointed a man with no premier league experience, who relegated his last club, has little to no personality and will do nothing to inspire / attract players to the club. At a time when the fan base needed to be united in our venture forwards.

Whats worse, we've given him a 12 month rolling contract. In 4 months time we know that the players won't have any assurances over his future, will give up the ghost, and we'll be relegated.

I am furious. Beyond angry. This might be the last straw for me and this club. I'll put my effort in to local clubs like Bromsgrove and Kiddy.

Ask yourselves why, too. Its because JP is too tight with the purse strings, is too detached from the fan base and is too protective of the back room coaching staff.

We're going to be relegated, with a whimper. I genuinely have little regard for our chairman anymore, and he can f*** off in to the sunset with his profits.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:55:53 PM by Quakes Fan »
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »
This is confirmation that Peace doesn't give a toss about the supporters of our club. I sent him an email before Mel departed and another email two weeks ago. All I got was the standard email response that the emails had been passed on to the appropriate department. Well you've done it now, there us no way that I am renewing my season ticket now.

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
We should just storm the place this must be the worst thing he's ever done

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2014, 06:41:13 PM »
12th In League One.. his last job.. 3 YEARS AGO.. Brilliant, absolutely Brilliant.

bednarsboingboing balls

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2014, 06:41:19 PM »
I bet most of the remains of our 1st team are texting their agents as we speak!  ;D
who cares they can all go

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »
Ive followed the Albion all my life right from when the doctor smacked my back side & out came west brom & i can honestly say i have NEVER EVER FELT SO PEE'D OFF.
My glass is always half full but ive just smashed it off the wall.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
I said a week ago we'd get a pooh appointment on night of England game.

burying the news.

I'm in shock.

utterly utterly underwhelmed.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »
You can also tell from this appointment how the transfer window will go regards to spending..

Welsh_Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2014, 06:42:43 PM »
We weren't even looking in the right place; others interviewed were: Hughton, Zola, McDermott and Herve.

Speechless

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »
In two years we've gone from current England manager Roy Hodgson to sacked league one manager Alan Irvine. We should have kept Steve Clarke.
the regime don't like it man

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2014, 06:45:43 PM »
I would encourage a many of you as possible to get refunds on your season tickets. Seriously. We, as a fan base, have been taken for mugs.

Jeremy's statement of intent leads to nothing. We've appointed a man with no premier league experience, who relegated his last club, has little to no personality and will do nothing to inspire / attract players to the club. At a time when the fan base needed to be united in our venture forwards.

Whats worse, we've given him a 12 month rolling contract. In 4 months time we know that the players won't have any assurances over his future, will give up the ghost, and we'll be relegated.

I am furious. Beyond angry. This might be the last straw for me and this club. I'll put my effort in to local clubs like Bromsgrove and Kiddy.

Ask yourselves why, too. Its because JP is too tight with the purse strings, is too detached from the fan base and is too protective of the back room coaching staff.

We're going to be relegated, with a whimper. I genuinely have little regard for our chairman anymore, and he can f*ck off in to the sunset with his profits.

Absolutely 100%
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »
Funny how our relegation odds have just shortened dramatically.