Author Topic: 30 Sept 2017 Albion 2 Watford 2  (Read 60622 times)

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »
Wish we had a manager like Silva.

Who got relegated last season

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2017, 05:56:49 PM »

and still manages to get a worse team then we have playing football... something pulis can't seem to do after how many transfer windows getting the players he wants in.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2017, 05:57:44 PM »
Thought we deserved a draw to be honest. I'm usually positive about our performances but after we went 2 up we invited the pressure on.

Time wasting again after 20 mins and panic hoofing it forwards in the first half summed it up for me. Was a matter of time until they scored. The fact that it was in the last minute makes it even worse. Didn't look a foul to me but that doesn't excuse the marking for the freekick. 3 of them were queuing up to nod it in. 30 seconds of concentration and we come away with 3 points.

Thought Foster got what he deserved with the time wasting. 3 minutes added time and we win the game.

Dawson was poor for me too. Time and time again we were caught out down our right hand side and they had men free the entire game. I know we moan about the wingers having to track back, but Phillips didn't do this enough for me and looked knackered after 50 mins. Hence his sub off for Mcclean.

Gibbs played well I thought and is a class above any other of our defenders. Saying that, Evans had a decent game but didn't release the ball quick enough. Hegazi still suspect.

Brunt isn't a central midfielder. If we have to play 3, at least play 3 cms. Rodriguez was anonymous too.

Greg had a decent game as did Barry, but were both guilty of giving the ball away and not winning enough second balls.

Rondon scored a great goal, but I actually thought he had a pretty poor game overall. Too lightweight at times again and wasn't the hold up man we needed.

Subs ineffective for me. McLean huffed and puffed but has no end product or crossing ability. Livermore wasn't much better than Brunt.

2 points dropped for me. We had them rattled and let them back in too easily.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:10:15 PM by TheBrom »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »

Yes, but he had Hull playing alot better than his predesscor. and was unlucky in the end.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2017, 06:02:28 PM »
I felt we were pretty poor and Watford definitely deserved a point, possibly more. Don't see how anyone can blame the ref - free kick or not, the fact that we were in that position was down to a series of poor decisions by our players and manager throughout the game. We sat back from the first whistle and had no intention to let a game of football break out. Our constant time wasting from the start is an embarrassment to the sport. Just look at the difference today when Gomes and Foster got the ball in their hands. One team wanted to get on with the game, one didn't!

We've had a pretty favourable first 8 fixtures. 9 points from those games is well below what we should have gained, it's been a poor start to the season overall. The fixtures get tougher after the international break - if we want any points, we're going to have to improve and fast.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2017, 06:05:45 PM »
Rondon scored a great goal, but I actually thought he had a pretty poor game overall. Too lightweight at times again and wasn't the hold up man we needed.

Compared to the woeful HRK it was like having Lewandowski up front for 70 mins.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2017, 06:07:14 PM »
Pulis has drilled it into their brains...Pass back and hoof.
They have been brainwashed.
They can't seem to get to grips with modern football, now that Pulis has been sussed.
That is why when we sell players they aren't any good for other clubs...They are zombies.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2017, 06:07:46 PM »
Was Oliver ever going to let us win this? the free kicks he was giving in the final 10 plus 5 were downright rubbish he let go quite a few hand balls from watford, and his desire to book anybody not in a red shirt was totally biased Just give the same things for both teams that's all we ask. On the plus side we can look pretty fair with this starting 11, but need to be more composed when we have the ball holding a lead. Thought Barry GregK  and Rondon were very good. Chris brunt gives us something extra in midfield that makes us better balanced. Phillips not so bright today but worked hard, and Livermore did a decent enough job when he came on but not enough to earn a start. Probably need to give Evans a few more starts to get up to speed we know he is a good defender but not up to his usual standard yet. Gibbs did ok defensively and supported the front men well enough. OK should have won but a desperation last throw gave them a point they worked for Nobody did badly so you moaners try 'supporting' your team and get off the usual suspects backs. Dawson did little wrong, Rondon worked his roe out for the team and scored, Pulis generally made the right calls as well and we lost points because of poor decisions and some bad luck. I feel Watford pushed us back rather than us sitting back and they have some good players, so get over it we will do well enough this season given a few even breaks. To those of you who cosistently consider the other team to have been better than us, even though we caused them more problems than they caused us and those who take pride in choosing not to go, might I respectfully suggest you go and support one of these 'better' teams or stay at home and watch something else, but please do not consider yourselves as Albion 'supporters'.   

Moaners, go and support someone else? Some of us was there in the bad days under Gould  and guess what we protested we didn't sit and accepted the dross that was there. And the same applies now. This wasn't Man U or Chelsea this was Watford who battered us and showed how football should be played. Just imagine what silva could do with this team.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »

He was Hull manager for 22 games and picked up 27 points. Over a full season that's 47 points, comfortably safe.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
Quote from Chris Lepkowski..."3 wins from 21 games  ? Time wasting after 60mins. Inviting pressure at 2 up. Not dealing with Richarlison threat. Predictable end"

We were time wasting in the first half! The ref even had a word with Foster

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:29 PM »
Not blaming the ref for adding   an extra minute to the 4 as they are in effect minimum minutes and foster time wasting added to that,but would I give Pulis the boot? Yup at the end if last season

Albion_Sweden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »
More positive comments on here than they deserve. I always try to be positive but looking at how we have played in the start of the season - it really isn't good enough. Why do we have to invite the other teams keeping possesion? It must be easier to score and win games when in possesion, right? Pulis has to go! I wonder what's needed to make it happen? Normally I hate international breaks, now I actually think its ok with a break from watching this rubbish.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2017, 06:23:44 PM »
Not blaming the ref for adding   an extra minute to the 4 as they are in effect minimum minutes and foster time wasting added to that,but would I give Pulis the boot? Yup at the end if last season

Thing is, I don't think he cost us the game. We set up well and the shape was fine. Evans has stood off his man for the first goal as he did against man city, and McLean has dived in for the freekick. If he stays on his feet and pushes the Watford man to the corner we get the 3 points. I'm sure he didn't tell McLean to come on and make rash tackles from behind

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2017, 06:25:09 PM »
We were shocking today. No other way to dress it up.

Aside from the 5 minute spell where we scored 2, Watford completely outplayed us. Pulis moving from a 4411/442 to a 451 with Rodriguez out wide second half absolutely killed us. No out ball, encamped in our own half, inviting pressure.

Defending leads for 45 minutes at home to Watford, time wasting from the 50th minute onwards...it's painful to watch at times. Despite having better players at his disposal, i'm just not sure Pulis can play any other way. I was jealous watching Watford today. They have a cracking manager in Silva who wants to play the game the right way. I'm pro Pulis but he needs to take a long hard look at his approach to games, particularly at home.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2017, 06:26:36 PM »
We were shocking today. No other way to dress it up.

Aside from the 5 minute spell where we scored 2, Watford completely outplayed us. Pulis moving from a 4411/442 to a 451 with Rodriguez out wide second half absolutely killed us. No out ball, encamped in our own half, inviting pressure.

Defending leads for 45 minutes at home to Watford, time wasting from the 50th minute onwards...it's painful to watch at times. Despite having better players at his disposal, i'm just not sure Pulis can play any other way. I was jealous watching Watford today. They have a cracking manager in Silva who wants to play the game the right way. I'm pro Pulis but he needs to take a long hard look at his approach to games, particularly at home.

Said it earlier. Foster was time wasting in the first half. The ref went and had a word with him

matt_wba912

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
Pullis will be happy, we didn't lose and that after all is our primary aim at the start of every match

The painful thing is that it was so predictable and everyone could see it coming...we are better than this and there is only one person to blame. 

Post match on WM and when asked if we 'sub-consciously sat to deep' pullis stated yes and that when he joined he saw a lot of nervousness when it came to seeing out games, well I'm sorry that was a number of season ago now and the squad has changed since then based on his signings, this wasn't a one off this is what we do every game

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
Just one of those things, if the referee makes the correct decision we're 6th and it's a fantastic start to the season. And that's not forgetting the Arsenal game which would have turned out different if we were given the penalty. Just not getting the brakes. Great for Rondon to score and shut the doubters up though.
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2017, 06:39:19 PM »
Just one of those things, if the referee makes the correct decision we're 6th and it's a fantastic start to the season. And that's not forgetting the Arsenal game which would have turned out different if we were given the penalty. Just not getting the brakes. Great for Rondon to score and shut the doubters up though.

Onedon, that's all he did. He's like the Statue of Liberty
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2017, 06:43:55 PM »

what a load of cobblers.

We shouldn't need to rely on the ref making certain decisions.

The fact is, we score a goal or 2 and then pulis turns on ultra defensive mode, the players have been drilled to time waste then we get our arses handed to us.

If pulis is such a great manager/coach, why has he been made to look like a championship manager to a guy who got his team relegated last season?

your quick enough slagging off 'pulis haters', now you need to open your eyes and stop making excuses for the dinosaur in charge.

The sooner pulis is gone, the sooner we will see our club progress.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
I didn't think we were unlucky at all. We got what we completely deserved. I know there are different styles in the Prem but come on, did anyone enjoy anything about that game at all? Just a bit disellusioned with us at the moment to be honest.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2017, 06:52:59 PM »
Just to add to my earlier post, I though Krychowiak was very good today. Starting to look like a real asset after a slow start. Gibbs also had a good game, especially first half.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2017, 06:53:22 PM »
Said it earlier. Foster was time wasting in the first half. The ref went and had a word with him

3 times the ref had a word with Foster

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2017, 06:54:47 PM »
It was never a foul and that Richarlison was the softest player I've ever seen, as Lawro would have put it "he was a big Jessy". It was never a freekick and he was trying it all game long (fair play to Deeney though who could have dived for a penalty but instead got on with it).

Overall I thought we were quite poor though and in some ways didn't deserve to win. I'd probably put McAuley back in which is harsh on Hegazi as he doesn't deserve to be dropped but we seem more assured with him around.
Hegazi part at fault for first and done for the 2nd , both in the air. Doubt you'll see him start for a while unless theres injuries.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »
IF we had been away from home I could just about swallow the way we played. However we are at home and our idea of a game plan is hoof and hope score defend for the next 70 minutes and kill the game by time wasting. That is a disgrace with a limited squad but with the one we have this season it is nothing short of shameful.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »
I haven't seen anyone give Watford the credit they deserved. To me they looked a very good side & if they continue to play like this for the rest of the season they will be challenging for a place in the top 7. In spite of the quality of their overall play Foster  was rarely troubled although there were a few efforts just off target.
Impressed with Gregor K. & Gibbs. Not impressed with Oliver's timekeeping in the 1st or 2nd half! McClean clearly won the ball but possibly ref deemed it a tackle from behind or McClean was not in control when he made the tackle. Yes Watford were the better team but if ref makes correct decisions & timekeeping we win the game.