Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844532 times)

gurnbaggy

• Site Donator
  • WBA Newbie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1475 on: September 20, 2018, 02:15:19 PM »
I don`t post on here very often as I usually just enjoy reading what others have to say, however I feel DM is in need of some support.
  Tony Pulis was selected by the board to come and do a job of keeping us from relegation and to try and establish us in the premiership. he actually succeded in this (initially), it wasn`t pretty but it was effective. He was given financial support and asked to improve the squad, again he was initially succesful in this. The problem started when the board then changed his remit and wanted him to establish us as a top 6/7 team. The reality was he didn`t have the tools in his locker for that task, the board realised this to late and employed Pardew as a knee jerk reaction. Pardew was totally the wrong call and when the reality of this hit home DM was given an unenviable task of picking up the pieces. All of this has been posted on this forum in varying degrees of passion for the last 3 years.     Darren Moore has proved to all that he was aware of our failings and has started a rebuilding process, this is not going to happen overnight and will take a couple of transfer windows to get in the players he feels will do the job in his style. He has shown that he wants to play fast, atractive, free flowing football, it`s what all of us on here have been crying out for. The current crop of players are having trouble at times to follow the game plan but we all make mistakes occasionally (even Man City) however they are showing they have faith in DM and his system and are trying to entertain and be succesful. We should be giving them all the support and encouragement we can to help them move us in the right direction.
COYB
Better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to speak and prove it.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1476 on: September 20, 2018, 02:34:47 PM »
3rd in the league and 20 goals scored, the people who are moaning about him were the ones who at the start of the season were saying the club were a shambles and we would finish mid table.

You would think they would be happy that we are above their expectations.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1477 on: September 20, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »
The guy is still learning on the job. 4th place and scoring a lot of goals, but defensively a bit naive at times.
I expect some of the people on hear who moaned about TP being too negative(me included) are moaning that were letting too many silly goals in. Give the guy a chance we are only 8 games in

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1478 on: September 20, 2018, 09:35:55 PM »
but not at the cost of compromising the forward unit and entertainment !
not so easy now is it?
I think it is easy yes - stop dallying around and overplaying.
Darren Moore is doing a great job and things look promising but i still think we will cop a wallop a some point, as well as hand out a few  :)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1479 on: September 21, 2018, 07:35:14 AM »
The guy is still learning on the job. 4th place and scoring a lot of goals, but defensively a bit naive at times.
I expect some of the people on hear who moaned about TP being too negative(me included) are moaning that were letting too many silly goals in. Give the guy a chance we are only 8 games in

He won't learn, just like Mowbray never learned. He suffers from FDS. (Frustrated Defender Syndrome) He's had enough of defending, seen it all through his playing career.
I tell you what though!
It's bleeding great to watch  8)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1480 on: September 21, 2018, 07:47:13 AM »
He won't learn, just like Mowbray never learned. He suffers from FDS. (Frustrated Defender Syndrome) He's had enough of defending, seen it all through his playing career.
I tell you what though!

I was thinking on Tuesday this is like watching the Mowbray side in the Championship. That was fun this is fun, will the result be the same? Who knows.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1481 on: September 21, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
I tell you what though!

It is!(At home at least)! But only as long as we keep Barnes. I fervently hope our scouting team are briefed on a like-for-like replacement for when Barnes inevitably leaves us.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1482 on: September 21, 2018, 10:36:33 AM »
I tell you what though!
He played a different game in the Prem though, with great results I might add, so maybe he has more than 1 string to his bow.
It is great to watch though mate and i for one would take another nail-biting 4-2 on Saturday over an 8 men behind the ball 1-0.
Stuff the clean sheets!!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1483 on: September 21, 2018, 11:39:49 AM »
Everyone would rather take 4-2 over a 1-0 win.
The question is, would you take a 1-0 win over a 4-2 loss?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1484 on: September 21, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »
Yes, as long as it only happened now and again, we played well and were a tad unlucky

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1485 on: September 21, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »
I would rather risk the odd 4-2 defeat and play to win than play not to lose and win the odd 1-0.
If we were getting pummelled every week then no, but occasionally, yes it's worth the risk.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1486 on: September 21, 2018, 01:10:14 PM »
I would rather risk the odd 4-2 defeat and play to win than play not to lose and win the odd 1-0.
If we were getting pummelled every week then no, but occasionally, yes it's worth the risk.

Definitely. Football, at least for the working man, is about entertainment as well as results. I do not EVER, and I mean EVER, want to see Pulisball at the Albion again even if we won the Premier League and I mean it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1487 on: September 21, 2018, 01:43:05 PM »

Definitely. Football, at least for the working man, is about entertainment as well as results. I do not EVER, and I mean EVER, want to see Pulisball at the Albion again even if we won the Premier League and I mean it.

i loathe it when people do this, but,

What he said !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1488 on: September 21, 2018, 01:54:23 PM »

Looks like Darren can cut the Mustard. When we were in the prem he could put a team out to defend and grind out a 1-nill, in this division we can go out and score for fun. At the start of the season he said this league is all about wining games not grinding out bore draws and trying to nick a goal. Fun times ahead.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1489 on: September 21, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
Said it once on here,its hard to argue and critisise any manager with a win ratio of around 56% never mind a club ledgend of one who I was never in favour of getting the gig.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1490 on: September 21, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »
What is Dave's unbeaten %?
Its much better than the win% eh
Also what's his loss %?
Let's have it all out in the open for all the non believers of his coaching abilities.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1491 on: September 21, 2018, 03:14:33 PM »
What is Dave's unbeaten %?
Its much better than the win% eh
Also what's his loss %?
Let's have it all out in the open for all the non believers of his coaching abilities.
overall or just this year?

According to Transfermarkt,

This year :- 10 games
Unbeaten - 8 = 80% all comps
Win - 6 = 60% all comps
Loss - 2 = 20% all comps

Overall:- 16 games
Unbeaten -  13 = 81%
Win - 9 = 56%
Loss - 3 = 19%

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1492 on: September 21, 2018, 03:18:35 PM »
Thank you Huntington.
Either way his % are fantastic.
Why so many moaners then?
Perfection is impossible.
Sit back and enjoy the ride,stop running down the road too far,if, sorry when we get back to the premiere league worry about it then eh?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1493 on: September 21, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »
Roberto di Matteo took us up comfortably from this division...and he would have taken us straight back down again if we hadn't have acted to bring in Roy. We have the best team in the division on paper, I would expect Darren to have very good stats this season, for my money they should be better than they are given that we have only faced one side thus far (in M'boro) who are anywhere near our level of player.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1494 on: September 21, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »
Roberto di Matteo took us up comfortably from this division...and he would have taken us straight back down again if we hadn't have acted to bring in Roy. We have the best team in the division on paper, I would expect Darren to have very good stats this season, for my money they should be better than they are given that we have only faced one side thus far (in M'boro) who are anywhere near our level of player.
Who, apart from Boro, do you consider anywhere near us Fritzl?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1495 on: September 21, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »
What do you expect from a new coach after 16 games,explain please.
Undefeated? Lost one?
Top of the league?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1496 on: September 21, 2018, 04:39:31 PM »
Who, apart from Boro, do you consider anywhere near us Fritzl?

Only the Villa, Stoke, though I do not rate Rowett in the slightest, and Bielsa's Leeds until December when they burn out.

Aside from those, I see no other side with a squad on our level.

Liverbaggie, top two and playing far better, particularly away from home where we have been truly dreadful thus far.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1497 on: September 21, 2018, 05:00:23 PM »
Who will win the Grand National next year mate?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1498 on: September 21, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »
Who will win the Grand National next year mate?

Fail to see how this addresses me dealing with what is fairly obvious, but there we go.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1499 on: September 21, 2018, 05:53:17 PM »
I think most fans would of taken where we are at considering how much of a disaster last season was. Wasn't long ago that avoiding another relegation was the priority for this season.

We scored 31 goals ALL of last season, we've scored 20 so far and it's not even end of September! It's not perfect and the defensive certainly needs work but most importantly it's actually enjoyable watching the Albion play again.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society