Author Topic: 21 Apr 2018 Albion 2 Liverpool 2  (Read 32325 times)

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2018, 02:27:32 PM »
Played very well today. If we took our chances and pushed up further like we did I. The last 15 minutes we’d of walked away with 3 points.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2018, 02:29:47 PM »
I'm absolutely bloody gutted now, and i wasn't before. Mooro and the team have restored pride and i'm close to tears now seeing Rondon etc looking gutted. Well done to the lads for giving it their all. Well done fans.

And f*ck off Pardew how did you manage to screw us over so badly!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2018, 02:34:24 PM »
A point is not enough but I couldn't ask for more.
All of the players worked their socks off to get a draw from two goals down against a top 4 team.
They played with pride and passion, which were disappeared in this season.
Our fate will be sealed tomorrow most likely but I'm Proud to be a Baggie.
The PRIDE of midlands

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »
Irrelevant who the coach is these footballers have let us down , you can't just switch on and off good ridence to most of you overrated overpaid joy riders
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2018, 02:38:59 PM »
Good result but too little too late. People are going way OTT with praise of the players. It's the same bunch who couldn't be arsed a few months ago.

theboywiththe arabstrap

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2018, 02:39:14 PM »
Another bittersweet afternoon.

A lot of what ifs this season.  Honestly think if we'd appointed someone even vaguely more competent than Pardew, and pulled the trigger getting rid of Pulis a few weeks earlier, we'd have survived comfortably in about 14th place.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the point.  Especially impressed by Livermore, who actually looks quite dynamic (!) and able to impose himself on the game when we have a less ponderous and defensive approach. 

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
Just heard the post-match interview - Klopp really is a classless Kraut. We'll bounce back up to where we belong soon enough (he says hopefully, fully aware Leeds, Forest, Sunderland and Wednesday fans probably said the same thing)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2018, 03:10:16 PM »
Good result but too little too late. People are going way OTT with praise of the players. It's the same bunch who couldn't be arsed a few months ago.

Like McClean said, it makes a huge difference when the 11 players on the field know their jobs and what the person in charge expects of them.

.... or their just sh*t scared of getting a roasting from big dave  ;D

baggie004

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2018, 03:10:46 PM »
It really is hard to put into words how hard this is to watch, yet how sweet it is also.  I literally jumped up and down in my living room when Rondons header went in. I didn't stop smiling until a few minutes ago.  Then reality set in, we are all but in Championship next year.  Bittersweet pill to swallow, but its probably for the best.  We need our back room staff put in check, a few players need to be shipped out, some need renegotiating, if possible.  Obviously, I'm a HUGE Big Dave fan.  I still get goosebumps from his goal at Crystal Palace all those years ago...

Big Dave shows so much emotion on the sideline, I believe we are his club.  He HAS to stay to and be an integral part of the first team coach/assistant.  His belief in these players, whom we had all written off, has paid off for him.  It just shows what could have been.  I, for one, am glad he has restored pride in our club.  We are not a team that gives up, not since I have been watching them (age 4 on up, now 30).  He has bought back that Black Country pride with passion and fight.  I am proud to be a baggie..... No matter what!

"I may live 3000 miles away! But my blood still runs BLUE AND WHITE!!!   :D

My Godfather told me when i was young: "Life is too short to hate... unless its that dingle Shiite from up the road"

pensnett stu

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »
I suggest Livermore, Philips and the rest are playing better for one reason only,and that is they don't want to be stuck in the championship with us, and are playing better to put themselves in the shop window,Still well done to Darren Moore for what is doing.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »
These bunch have seen off 2 managers this season and yet now they have a bloke in charge they like they turn it on. Regardless of who is in charge they have a job to do which shows how frustrating its been watching them all season. I saw the comments from McClean earlier in the week but these ain't young kids, they're experienced footballers, most of them internationals. They've had an easy ride this season from fans.

Good fightback but some anonymous performances today. Thought Livermore, Rondon and McClean all played well.

I think i'm more annoyed about the result than pleased due to the players themselves.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »
Klopp has never been able to handle lower teams not rolling over for him like in Germany , so much to like about his football yet lacks class as a person.
Thought we were dozy for the first goal , Jrod and Gibbs between them for that. Good effort after and again at 2 0 , prefer Brunt out wide but thought he played well Today .
Few more performances like this and the answer maybe under our nose.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2018, 03:52:52 PM »

Delighted with the result although to little to late, just wondered if anyone had seen klippity klopps comments during his after game presser
Talk about disrespectful !!

Some astonishing quotes from Klopp in his post-match presser. Blamed the dry pitch and described West Brom's comeback as "useless" and a "waste of points". #wba

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2018, 04:47:14 PM »
Klopp is a classless individual.

Plays the cheery funny guy when it suits, shows his true colours having digs at a team bottom of the league and mocking they are going down.

May want to look at why he isnt clever enough to beat easily the worst team in the league on two occasions and a cup match this year.

Got a lot of Liverpool supporting mates, hope they win the european cup for them, but wouldnt be disappointed if they didnt if means seeing Mr Klopp being upset, arrogant p***k.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:02 PM »
What is going on? Where has this version of Mat Phillips been all season? He was a different player today, actually took on his man, beat him and delivered. Suddenly Jake Livermore looks like a footballer also.

Good performance today against a class side. Even at 2-0 down I didn't think we'd played badly but we kept going, got back level and they looked shaky at the end.

Great to hear passion from the crowd inside The Hawthorns again.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2018, 05:53:04 PM »
It’s honestly hard to know if this is a reaction to Moore in the dressing room or the fact that the players realise they’re in the shop window. I just hope we find out which it is before we give big Dave the big gig. Phillips has been the main culprit in the non trier department yet today looked like a premier league footballer again. I don’t think I’ve ever been so frustrated off the back of two seemingly excellent results/performances.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »
I actually thought we were poor, like we have been for much of the season. I was less than enamoured with our substitutions too; Evans is just absolutely coasting out there.

That said, Big Dave is clearly getting another 10% out of the players and good on him, I hope he is a part of the staff going forward. Echo the sentiments that if we had rid ourselves of Pardew sooner we'd have had more of a chance but let's not kid ourselves, the rot set in with this lot a while ago.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »
The only thing I would have liked to see is Evans not coming on.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »
Klopp is a complete bell isn't he. Blaming our pitch for being too dry, and saying we can play on our dry pitch next year in the championship. What was the excuse at anfield? Surprised we didn't get a lap of honour like the last time they managed a draw with us.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »
Don't remember a lap of honour with our deserves 0-0 draw in Anfield. Klopp is a bellend though.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »
Don't remember a lap of honour with our deserves 0-0 draw in Anfield. Klopp is a bellend though.

It was the 2-2 where they scored in the last minute:

Basically implied today that we should have let them win because the point means nothing to us as well

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:13 PM »
Klopp is a complete bell isn't he. Blaming our pitch for being too dry, and saying we can play on our dry pitch next year in the championship. What was the excuse at anfield? Surprised we didn't get a lap of honour like the last time they managed a draw with us.

Tiny Penis Syndrome. Achtung.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2018, 09:03:16 PM »
I generally like Klopp but he's lost the plot today. Total be11end.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2018, 09:47:08 PM »
I generally like Klopp but he's lost the plot today. Total be11end.
Fair play Jacko , did think to myself you would defend him.
Don't know how they do things in Germany , thats not how we do things here.
Got a lot of LFC mates , even been to the odd non Albion game with them . Don't mind them but for Klopps reaction Today I hope they get done by Roma.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:51:49 PM by Dexy »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2018, 11:36:07 PM »
Fair play Jacko , did think to myself you would defend him.
Don't know how they do things in Germany , thats not how we do things here.
Got a lot of LFC mates , even been to the odd non Albion game with them . Don't mind them but for Klopps reaction Today I hope they get done by Roma.

He's a bit of a marmite figure over there too where he had form. I was always able to forgive his muppetry as A) I like how his teams play B) I adopt a strict 'anyone but Bayern' stance when it comes to German football. Gone off him big time since he came to England. Nothing against Liverpool as a club but after today I hope Roma turn them over.