Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 670606 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #3000 on: November 22, 2020, 12:07:46 AM »
I hope this result doesn't disguise what was another very encouraging performance. There will be those who, no doubt, will say once again we failed to pick up points, but clearly we were beaten this time by the referee coupled with who the opposition happened to be. Last week v Spurs we put in another decent performance, but were beaten by one defensive error. I genuinely don't think there are many other managers who could have got more out of this team. You'd hope that decision makers at the club can put these results into that context. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3001 on: November 22, 2020, 12:52:06 AM »
I hope this result doesn't disguise what was another very encouraging performance. There will be those who, no doubt, will say once again we failed to pick up points, but clearly we were beaten this time by the referee coupled with who the opposition happened to be. Last week v Spurs we put in another decent performance, but were beaten by one defensive error. I genuinely don't think there are many other managers who could have got more out of this team. You'd hope that decision makers at the club can put these results into that context.

The usual poster who insistently calls for Bilic to be sacked is nowhere to be seen. Should tell you all you need to know. The players and staff can be proud of their performance this evening. They could not have done much more.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3002 on: November 22, 2020, 01:01:46 AM »
Eventhough the last 2 games weve lost, our peformances have been alot better. Players are definitely playing for him.

My 15 year old had a good question, if we lose our next 1/2 but we play ok, then what happens? Stick with him or no?

When we lost against Fulham i was sure he was a gonner, but 2 games later, we look better and look like we can compete.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3003 on: November 22, 2020, 04:46:25 AM »
Eventhough the last 2 games weve lost, our peformances have been alot better. Players are definitely playing for him.

My 15 year old had a good question, if we lose our next 1/2 but we play ok, then what happens? Stick with him or no?

When we lost against Fulham i was sure he was a gonner, but 2 games later, we look better and look like we can compete.

Correct the last 2 games we have played well for the full 90 not just in patches. The lads are playing for him. He needs to stick to his system and the results will come. I am confident will win v Sheffield united. And it's the first time I have been confident all season
O Albion we love you

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3004 on: November 22, 2020, 07:33:14 AM »
Bilic seems to have switched back on himself, looks much more like it and the knock on effect is so does the team .
I hope he gets the Sheff Utd game and If he does he doesn't change too much from the last games as the players look much more comfortable.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3005 on: November 22, 2020, 07:34:43 AM »

Ultimately the board will look at the wins/points column.
There is no doubt that we have started to play better, esp yesterday and clearly but for a corrupt system, we take the 3 points.....BUT
You would have to ask why it takes coronavirus to remove the midfield liability that is Livermore, why we persist with Diangana who is having a dreadful season, why Robinson/Krov  didnt start the game, why Grosiki STILL cannot make the bench?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3006 on: November 22, 2020, 08:37:17 AM »
The last two games have saved Bilic's job for me. There has been enough from these games to suggest that he has come to terms with what we need to do.

However the next three games are absolutely critical for him IMO. He NEEDS a win desperately. The board's patience is not going to last forever while we are winless, it's just a question of how long.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3007 on: November 22, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »
The last two games have saved Bilic's job for me. There has been enough from these games to suggest that he has come to terms with what we need to do.

However the next three games are absolutely critical for him IMO. He NEEDS a win desperately. The board's patience is not going to last forever while we are winless, it's just a question of how long.

I agree with you.

The commitment and response from the players in the last two weeks is testament to the faith they have in Bilic.

We might not be the greatest side in the division, but being resilient, being disciplined and hard to beat will help us overcome those shortcomings

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3008 on: November 22, 2020, 10:03:15 AM »
Bilic has got enough out of the team across the last two games to put to bed speculation about his future. Improved performances now have to be turned into results. A combination of Covid and not being able to train because of Covid robbed him of a number of options last night and it will be interesting to see how he sets up against Sheffield United if he he has a full squad to choose from.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3009 on: November 22, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »
Better performances and Bilic should get some praise for that. Neither Spurs or united really got going and we clearly play a part in that which is to our / his credit.

However we need to see this carry over to the next two matches.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3010 on: November 22, 2020, 10:15:47 AM »
We need to turn up to that level against the lesser teams , I hope Bilic doesn't stray too far from this current system.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3011 on: November 22, 2020, 11:08:09 AM »
If after 10.games we have a misely 3 points then questions need to be asked. Last two games player's did well but where is our cutting edge? Pereira and Diangana need to start showing up or dropped.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3012 on: November 22, 2020, 11:15:11 AM »
If after 10.games we have a misely 3 points then questions need to be asked. Last two games player's did well but where is our cutting edge? Pereira and Diangana need to start showing up or dropped.

Nothing personal but drop Diangana and Pereira?  Are you for real, maybe we can put Field and Harper in and be even more toothless?  Fact is it's mighty hard playing in a struggling team as a creative force.  Grant looks a below average striker at this level but is still an upgrade on HRK and Austin.

Bilic has made us tighter with the addition of 3 centre halves, I don't think Ajayi/Ivanovic/Bartley look secure enough in a defensive 2, so this is the way forward.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3013 on: November 22, 2020, 11:33:39 AM »
Nothing personal but drop Diangana and Pereira?  Are you for real,

Why not? They cant play on reputation alone. We can play with Grant and Robinson as a front two for a start and play more into channels. We dont have to play Pereira and Diangana in order to succeed.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3014 on: November 22, 2020, 11:47:41 AM »
Why not? They cant play on reputation alone. We can play with Grant and Robinson as a front two for a start and play more into channels. We dont have to play Pereira and Diangana in order to succeed.

You mean ditch the possession based game and play long ball into the channels?  That's what we did under Pulis!  If you can't see we are better off with Diangana and Pereira then you are mad, how are we going to retain the ball?

Sheff Utd next and if we play like you suggest then it'll be right into their hands, remember the 0-1 under Moore?  You beat SU with skill and out-passing them.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3015 on: November 22, 2020, 11:56:55 AM »
You mean ditch the possession based game and play long ball into the channels?  That's what we did under Pulis!  If you can't see we are better off with Diangana and Pereira then you are mad, how are we going to retain the ball?

Sheff Utd next and if we play like you suggest then it'll be right into their hands, remember the 0-1 under Moore?  You beat SU with skill and out-passing them.
On paper you are correct but we need players in form which Grady certainly isn't . I'm hoping they both will hit top gear asap but as a unit we can't be picking out of form players too long .
Our best performance this season for me was Spurs yet Grady didn't start and we know MP was covid hit.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3016 on: November 22, 2020, 12:00:06 PM »

I dont mean what we did under Pulis. We are not going to dominate possession in most of our games. Neither player played against Spurs and we didnt miss either, created chances and could easily have won that game.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3017 on: November 22, 2020, 12:01:17 PM »
Nothing personal but drop Diangana and Pereira?  Are you for real, maybe we can put Field and Harper in and be even more toothless?  Fact is it's mighty hard playing in a struggling team as a creative force.  Grant looks a below average striker at this level but is still an upgrade on HRK and Austin.

Bilic has made us tighter with the addition of 3 centre halves, I don't think Ajayi/Ivanovic/Bartley look secure enough in a defensive 2, so this is the way forward.
Why not drop them? They are not exactly tearing up the prem

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3018 on: November 22, 2020, 12:15:09 PM »
Diangana has been poor more often than not. Something doesnt look right with him. Whether its to do with his injury from last season who knows.

Maybe hes simply a confidence player.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3019 on: November 22, 2020, 12:45:16 PM »

do I really need to respond? 

jharman292

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3020 on: November 22, 2020, 01:00:06 PM »
I must admit, i am surprised Bilic has the backing he does. This is not me demanding his head by the way, i am just surprised given the stats and some very concerning performances so far this season, he still seems to have the support from the fans on the main.

I keep hearing how we are now more organised but lets face it, we have done so by sticking pretty much the whole team behind the ball and hoping we can nick something with some magic from either Pereira or Diangana who at the minute dont seem capable of doing that.

That is now 1 goal in 6 games. We can work hard and defend for our lives every game but there has to be a balance. I appreciate we have played Utd and Spurs. I appreciate Bilic has not been fully backed in the market but things have to improve and fast.

After next weekend, we would have played the 4 teams around us. At what point do you make a decision? Despite 2 committed performances, I cant help but feel we just dont look capable of winning a football match.

Anything other than a win next weekend and I dont see how you could argue with the board if they made the decision to part ways.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3021 on: November 22, 2020, 01:20:41 PM »
do I really need to respond?

I agree with GREGMT, the suggestion that we should drop Pereira and/or Diangana is insanity. Bilic would never entertain the idea as it would only help the opposition.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3022 on: November 22, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »
We have the weakest squad in the league and yet still only a point off 17th. The last couple of performances have been much better but we lack quality all over the pitch for this level.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3023 on: November 22, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »
Just need a consistent GK, Left back and CDM!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 02:00:58 PM by gazberg »

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3024 on: November 22, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »
We have the weakest squad in the league and yet still only a point off 17th. The last couple of performances have been much better but we lack quality all over the pitch for this level.

I don't agree - how are we inferior to Burnley and Sheff U?

We play better football than both who have Dinosaur managers.  I'm all for being realistic but let's not talk ourselves down too much!