Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 258094 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #1000 on: April 03, 2021, 05:29:48 PM »
Field would be a useful player in championship.
But the club would sell him and keep playing Livermore and Sawyers nest season.
That's Albion.

Those two need moving on.

Both of them will know even if we get promoted they wont figure in the PL. Its human nature that they wont have the same hunger as previously however professional they are in their approach.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1001 on: April 03, 2021, 05:32:11 PM »
Field isn't a Premier League dcm. Difference between him and YokuÅŸlu is stark. But, he's no worse than the 2 jokers picked week in week out by Slav, in fact him and Sawyers would probably complement each other especially at Championship level.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1002 on: April 03, 2021, 05:35:15 PM »
Field isn't a Premier League dcm. Difference between him and YokuÅŸlu is stark. But, he's no worse than the 2 jokers picked week in week out by Slav, in fact him and Sawyers would probably complement each other especially at Championship level.

Dont see that. Neither of them have legs.

Field is best at the base of a midfield three ideally protecting the defence.

Sawyers isnt my type of player and I wouldn't play him anywhere in any system.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1003 on: April 03, 2021, 05:42:49 PM »
Dont see that. Neither of them have legs.

Field is best at the base of a midfield three ideally protecting the defence.

Sawyers isnt my type of player and I wouldn't play him anywhere in any system.

That's why you don't see it then 😂
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1004 on: April 11, 2021, 02:29:31 AM »
It feels like everything has stalled a bit for our loan army, just when we needed them to finish strongly.

At Lincoln, the clean sheets have dried up for Alex Palmer and along with them has gone Lincoln's form. Morton is getting starts which is great, but not really the goals he would need to make a push for our first team next season (injury may have robbed him of that opportunity for this season at least).

At Cheltenham, Griffiths is still getting clean sheets as they look certain now to get promotion, but Finn Azaz has really lost his place in the side just as he seemed to be becoming a key player. Maybe he can get it back in the final few games, but it does make it less likely that they will look to have him back in league 1 next season and at 20 years of age, he isn't really that young anymore (for an attacking midfielder any way).

Kenneth Zohore won't find a home at Milwall next season either. Arguably the most bizzare signing we have ever made is going to need a free transfer at this rate.

Bowyer' s resurgent Blues has no rooms for passengers like Rekeem Harper who has now been relegated to the same role he has had here for the last few years - unused sub. A case study in just how s*** our youth progression is at this club sometimes. So so we just sell him on now to a league 1 side while inserting a big sell on fee clause?

Finally, Charlie Austin may be suspended, but Sam Field started in QPR's latest big win. QPR won't have much money this summer but will certainly want Field back so we might again be looking at sell on fees if we want to make real money.

There was a stage a few months into the season where it was looking really positive for our loanees. Zohore was amongst the goals, Palmer, Griffiths and Azaz were doing well while we had Windsor, Soule and Morton getting goals early on in their spells. Fast forward to the end of the season and with our poor youth team results, it's really hard to feel positive about what we have coming through.

Other than the 2 keepers, there doesn't seem to be anyone we can bring into our first team for next season. A bit demoralising really.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:31:56 AM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1005 on: April 11, 2021, 10:32:12 AM »
Field will will be worth a place here, but he probably needs to force the move for the good of his career. He can’t let his support of the club stall his career any longer.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1006 on: April 11, 2021, 11:34:12 AM »
If Harper's going to be moved onto a League One club with a hefty sell on fee he's going to have to take a hefty cut in wages. Can't see anyone in League One paying his current wedge. We'd probably either need to subsidise part of his wages for the duration of his time with a new club or give him a pay off on the way out.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1007 on: April 11, 2021, 12:36:28 PM »
If Harper's going to be moved onto a League One club with a hefty sell on fee he's going to have to take a hefty cut in wages. Can't see anyone in League One paying his current wedge. We'd probably either need to subsidise part of his wages for the duration of his time with a new club or give him a pay off on the way out.

True, but he only has one year left on his contract now. I’d imagine however he will want to hold out for a free (tribunal) transfer.

Just not enough application to go with his obvious talent. Shame, he has a lot of tools, good range of passing, not a slouch and a good finisher. Problem is he only plays 10 minutes each game.
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1008 on: April 11, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »
For those players like Palmer, Field and Harper who are at the end of the pure development phase of their careers no more loans, no more kicking the can down the road. Either they are in the squad with a reasonable chance of game time or they go.

If Field isn't committed to joining QPR then I would retain but given his contract expires 2022 we have to give him a new contract and to do that he really needs to be a starter in the Championship for us.

Palmer is 24 contracted to 2023 if he is going to break through at Championship level with a ceiling above that it has to happen next season or the following one. Factor in we have Griffiths coming up as well it is pretty much now or never for Palmer.

Harper the fear is that there is a player here and if he meets the right coach at the right time his career takes off and the club looks pretty stupid for letting him go. He is just about to turn 21 and while it feels a little bit early to write him off and I do think there is a niche for him in the right midfield I just don't see it with us. The loan to Blues was just another misstep in his development which has left a technically able player lacking real definition as what type of player he is and where he fits into a team almost any team.

As for the rest it is a mixed bag. I wouldn't read too much into any of the loan spells for the most part the players are still in the development phase of their career their form will be patchy but even loans that don't look like they have worked will give the player valuable experience. I would assess progress during pre season and make a decision about their futures and that might be another loan but equally a move into the first team squad or out the door. We do need to be braver with our young players. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1009 on: April 11, 2021, 01:13:38 PM »
True, but he only has one year left on his contract now. I’d imagine however he will want to hold out for a free (tribunal) transfer.

Just not enough application to go with his obvious talent. Shame, he has a lot of tools, good range of passing, not a slouch and a good finisher. Problem is he only plays 10 minutes each game.

Completely forgot he's only got a year left. Doesn't seem like two years have passed since he signed that three year deal. Time has flown. Or just disappeared into nothing.

Interesting interview with Owen Windsor courtesy of the official site. Very rare I look on there since the dog dinner of a 'revamp'. Too much going on with it for my liking.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/windsor-sunderland-pl2-clash-loans-and-ending-season-strongly

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1010 on: April 16, 2021, 01:29:51 PM »
Thought I'd have a look at Cedric Kipre and what's going on with him. He was an unused sub in his first three games. He then started three games completing the 90 mins in 2 while going off in the 84th in 1 games. Was then a sub and started the last game where they conceded 4  :o

Out of interest I hadn't actually joined this thinking up but Saido Berahino also plays for the same team, scoring 4 in 24 appearances. He scored in 3 games in a row and hasn't scored since October. Let's leave him there.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1011 on: April 16, 2021, 03:05:08 PM »
Thought I'd have a look at Cedric Kipre and what's going on with him. He was an unused sub in his first three games. He then started three games completing the 90 mins in 2 while going off in the 84th in 1 games. Was then a sub and started the last game where they conceded 4  :o

Out of interest I hadn't actually joined this thinking up but Saido Berahino also plays for the same team, scoring 4 in 24 appearances. He scored in 3 games in a row and hasn't scored since October. Let's leave him there.

Just looked at Berahino's stats. He hasn't completed a full ninety minutes in the league all season.

He's also played as an attacking midfielder and secondary striker when not featuring as a none scoring forward.

What a mess of a season. Twenty eight in October and out of contract in the summer. We wouldn't would we ....... or would we  :-X ?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1012 on: April 16, 2021, 03:14:14 PM »
Just looked at Berahino's stats. He hasn't completed a full ninety minutes in the league all season.

He's also played as an attacking midfielder and secondary striker when not featuring as a none scoring forward.

What a mess of a season. Twenty eight in October and out of contract in the summer. We wouldn't would we ....... or would we  :-X ?

I sincerely hope not. I just don’t think we would either. Wasted his career but made plenty of money along the way.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1013 on: April 17, 2021, 09:37:09 PM »
Quick round up.

Sam Field was dropped to the bench today for QPR’s win vs Middlesbrough although he did get subbed on. A quick Twitter search gave the impression fans were calling for his introduction to sure up the midfield as the game wore on and it still seems the commentary is quite positive from fans, but it is a telling sign that a mid table championship team see him as an option rather than a starter. Certainly time to set him free this summer.

Alex Palmer picked up yet another clean sheet for Lincoln City, which paired with his performance last week (which appears to have been decent) will hopefully mean a return to form after a bit of a rough patch. Callum Morton played 90 minutes, seemingly as a lone forward. From what I’ve read he hit the bar but also missed a decent chance in a lively performance. He apparently told the express and star mid week that while a lot depends on how he does in the final few weeks of the season and in the play offs, he would prefer another loan move next summer rather than being an unused squad player.

Kenneth Zohore might have an injury as he was out of Milwall’s squad today while I think Austin is still suspended.

In league 2 last night, Cheltenham suffered a 1-0 loss with Griffiths in goal. Finn Azaz once again came off the bench.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1014 on: April 20, 2021, 09:00:00 PM »
Alex Palmer and Josh Griffiths clean sheets klaxon.

I've lost count now- league 1 and league 2 goalkeepers of the season.
Boing Boing

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1015 on: April 20, 2021, 09:14:43 PM »
Alex Palmer and Josh Griffiths clean sheets klaxon.

I've lost count now- league 1 and league 2 goalkeepers of the season.

Make that 17 for palmer and 20 for Griffiths. Cheltenham megsoning their way out of league 2
O Albion we love you

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1016 on: April 20, 2021, 10:53:08 PM »
Make that 17 for palmer and 20 for Griffiths. Cheltenham megsoning their way out of league 2
Great new word  ;D

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1017 on: April 21, 2021, 12:49:33 AM »
Great new word  ;D

Nothing new about that word sure it came about in 2001... haha
O Albion we love you

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1018 on: April 24, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »
Great new word  ;D

Still megsoning. Cheltenham win 1-0 again
O Albion we love you

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1019 on: April 24, 2021, 08:23:39 PM »
Josh Griffiths surely had to be the second WBA keeper in 2 years to be named league 2 goalkeeper of the year. Seems to get clean sheets in 50% of his games.

Nice to see Finn Azaz get his first start for a few games, albeit he was subbed off.

Over at Lincoln, it’s another loss for Appleton, with Palmer conceding 2. Morton once again played the full 90 but must be playing more for the team as he isn’t being selected for his goals (or current lack of).

Sam Field was subbed on for QPR, as was Zohore for Milwall, which is better than Harper he was unused at Blues.

Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1020 on: April 27, 2021, 09:04:28 PM »
Palmer gets another clean sheet for Lincoln, meaning he should now be back in the top 5 keepers in the country for clean sheets. Morton once again went goalless in a 1-0 win.

Griffiths was unable to extend his lead at the top of that particular table, but Cheltenham were promoted tonight, with Finn Azaz also starting. I would look at getting both loaned back there for next season if we can get a deal that suits (ie, getting Griffiths tied down to another deal).
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1021 on: April 30, 2021, 08:57:44 AM »
A shame to see that neither Josh Griffiths nor Alex Palmer made their respective league's team of the season, despite both being in the top 5 keepers in the country for clean sheets.
Boing Boing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1022 on: April 30, 2021, 09:21:28 AM »
A shame to see that neither Josh Griffiths nor Alex Palmer made their respective league's team of the season, despite both being in the top 5 keepers in the country for clean sheets.
Griffiths is interesting as he is the one with the highest clean sheets (in less games than Hladky too, though he’s conceded one more goal). Palmer isn’t the best ranked GK in League One so that ones not as surprising. Burge kept more Clean sheets in less games and with less goals conceded.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1023 on: June 24, 2021, 11:31:21 AM »
Gloucester local media linking Morton with a loan move to Cheltenham
Boing Boing

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1024 on: June 24, 2021, 06:45:03 PM »
Gloucester local media linking Morton with a loan move to Cheltenham

He needs a whole season playing he keeps getting injuries. So wherever he is going to play 46 games is ideal
O Albion we love you