Author Topic: Ex Players Thread  (Read 425124 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Ex Players Thread
« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
Paddy mcourt signed for Luton  :o remember when we was heavily linked with him few years ago touted as very big talent.

I remember moaning because we quibbled over 5k. It looks like the club knew what it was doing.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #476 on: July 06, 2015, 06:32:28 PM »
I remember moaning because we quibbled over 5k. It looks like the club knew what it was doing.

Don't think it was so much down to the club as the player, Celtic rang and he was more than happy to take the call
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #477 on: July 06, 2015, 07:36:28 PM »
Don't think it was so much down to the club as the player, Celtic rang and he was more than happy to take the call

And when they approached how much we were offering was irrelevant. Celtic were his boy-hood club and he jumped at the opportunity.

In hindsight, we dodged a bullet.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #478 on: July 07, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »
Varela reportedly signed a new 3 year deal with Porto. I still can't believe he wasn't deemed good enough for us.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #479 on: July 08, 2015, 08:49:35 PM »
Varela reportedly signed a new 3 year deal with Porto. I still can't believe he wasn't deemed good enough for us.
No fan of Irvine but Varela arrived unfit and injured .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #480 on: July 10, 2015, 01:21:12 PM »
Good luck in your new adventures fantastic player for us who had a very exciting way about he's game, them performances against Luton, Sunderland and forest stick out.

Thanks for the memories.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #481 on: July 10, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »
Good luck in your new adventures fantastic player for us who had a very exciting way about he's game, them performances against Luton, Sunderland and forest stick out.

Thanks for the memories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33479191

Jason Koumas: Ex-West Brom, Wigan, and Tranmere man retires

Tranmere's former Wales midfielder Jason Koumas has announced his retirement at the age of 35.

Koumas, who won 34 international caps, started his career with Rovers before a £2.5m switch to West Brom.

After five years with the Baggies, he joined Wigan for £5.3m, but had two loan spells with Cardiff before his return to Prenton Park in 2013.

"I know my own body and this is the right time for me to hang up my boots," he told the Tranmere website.

"I'm happy with the career I've had. I've played for some good clubs, met some great people and have plenty of memories.

"I wish I could have gone out on a high but it wasn't to be. Despite the results, I really enjoyed my last two seasons back at Tranmere and am glad I made the decision to return to the club."

A true joy to watch when he was on song for us. Supremely talented player, just a shame that he never fulfilled his potential. I'm sure I read somewhere that he didn't even like football - it was just a job to him

He/him

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2015, 01:37:01 PM »
You always felt something could happen when he was in the team, a great player to watch - I was sorry to see him leave at the time.

Good luck to the lad.
MAGA!

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #483 on: July 10, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »
The most talented footballer I have ever seen in a West Brom shirt and one of my favourties. On his day he was amazing. Forest away, Sunderland away. The Mowbray season when he pretty much took that Division apart. Like people said it was just a shame he never reached the highs he could have.

I thought this was the second time he was retiring? As he gave up before playing again. Maybe I am wrong though.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #484 on: July 10, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »
Jason Koumas was our star player when I first started supporting the Albion so he will always be remembered fondly by me.

Shame for all the problems but on his day he was a step above anyone else we had in that period of time, whenever he was on the ball you expected something to happen.

Good luck for the future whatever you choose to do Jason

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #485 on: July 10, 2015, 02:04:53 PM »
Koumas had a huge amount of natural talent. I don't think he ever got near what he could've been if he'd had the love, passion and application to match his natural gift. Steven Gerard will tell you about the natural talent Koumas had.

I wish him all the best for the future.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #486 on: July 10, 2015, 02:11:07 PM »
Forest away possibly the best performance I've seen from an Albion player in the flesh in my time as a fan. We were comfortably 3 goals better than them and yet there was no difference at all between there 11 and 10 of our players.

Still the only player I've seen in our colours who if he got the ball 20 yards inside our own half with nothing on would automatically make you sit up and watch, the classic 'edge of your seat' player. Should of gone on to better things but brought me a lot of the best individual moments of skill/class I've seen over the past 20 years

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #487 on: July 10, 2015, 02:30:39 PM »
Jason Koumas " The Welsh Wizard" You had us all on the edge of our seats a time or two & for that cheers.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #488 on: July 10, 2015, 02:37:29 PM »
Forest away possibly the best performance I've seen from an Albion player in the flesh in my time as a fan. We were comfortably 3 goals better than them and yet there was no difference at all between there 11 and 10 of our players.

Still the only player I've seen in our colours who if he got the ball 20 yards inside our own half with nothing on would automatically make you sit up and watch, the classic 'edge of your seat' player. Should of gone on to better things but brought me a lot of the best individual moments of skill/class I've seen over the past 20 years

Right up there certainly. For me though Alan Miller vs Blues when we robbed the game 1-0. That was an incredible afternoon, it was Blues vs Miller and Miller won.

We had one chance and Sneekes scored.  ;D

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #489 on: July 10, 2015, 03:13:50 PM »
A case of what could have been. So much natural talent wish he had the application to go with it. All the best Jason.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #490 on: July 10, 2015, 05:34:53 PM »
The most naturally gifted player i have seen for us since Laurie Cunningham.

What a player, what a bloody waste.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #491 on: July 10, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »
Very talented player but a lot on here over-rate him. Gera was naturally better and lived up to it (Europa league finalist) - he deserves far more credit than Koumas.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #492 on: July 10, 2015, 05:50:12 PM »
If Koumas had got Gera's application and desire,he would have been better.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #493 on: July 10, 2015, 05:54:50 PM »
Very talented player but a lot on here over-rate him. Gera was naturally better and lived up to it (Europa league finalist) - he deserves far more credit than Koumas.

Not sure I agree to be honest. I think Koumas had so much natural ability but not the desire or possibly confidence in himself to take it to the higher level.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #494 on: July 11, 2015, 01:12:31 AM »
A great talent when in possession of the ball, but lacked a work ethic most times when not in possession.

I can still see LGM bawling and shouting at him from the touch line to get back in position and help the defence out.

Probably played his best football at Cardiff under Dave Jones, who was prepared to accept his shortcomings when not in possession of the ball.

Overall, I enjoyed his time at the Albion, but was disappointed with his attitude at times, particularly towards our then manager Bryan Robson, who I thought did many things to accommodate him in the team, but to no avail.

Don't think he would have been a TP type of player based on his work ethic.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #495 on: July 11, 2015, 04:26:18 AM »

No he wasn't.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #496 on: July 11, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »
BROWN JOINS VITESSE

Eredivisie side Vitesse Arnhem have signed Chelsea forward Isaiah Brown on loan for the coming season.

Brown is the third Chelsea player to join the Dutch club in the current transfer window and follows Lewis Baker and Brazilian Nathan at the GelreDome.
Gera, Gera, Gera

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #497 on: July 11, 2015, 01:55:04 PM »

Gera was a better all round player, good on the ball, good shot, excellent in the air for his size, and worked for the team, but Koumas had far more raw talent and skill, just didn't apply himself and make enough use of it
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #498 on: July 17, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #499 on: July 17, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »
James Chambers setting us a business called My Farwell.

Gives people the opportunity to set up a 'death message'.

http://www.myfarewell.co.uk/