Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363443 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2016, 08:45:41 PM »
.  Pullis got the best out of these players . Ok they're a little older , and I wouldn't take Crouch because of his age ,but I think Walters could do us a job.and Adams as the energy in the midfield we could do with .
Charlie Adam NO. Energy? he's got some quality on the ball but he's got no pace and he's the sneakiest dirtiest player in the premier league.
Crouch no, Walters as 3rd striker I'd take but if Rodriguez turns out to be that then no to Walters also.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »
.  Pullis got the best out of these players . Ok they're a little older , and I wouldn't take Crouch because of his age ,but I think Walters could do us a job.and Adams as the energy in the midfield we could do with .

Kill me now.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2016, 09:19:49 PM »
He'd be a gamble, but surely it's positive intent from Pulis compared to some of his usual targets? (Carlton Cole, wink wink).

Before his injury he was great, now he looks rusty. Surely can't be any worse than Berahino and needs game time. I can't see Southampton selling though as they've not replaced Pelle, unless they have a big target lined up with the Mane + Wanyama cash.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 09:34:23 PM »
Hmm only on loan, Why bother? Pulis won't play him.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 09:41:20 PM »
.  Not for one minute do I think we'll sign any of the three players mentioned,has it was a members thought and the thread is on Jay Rodriguez, I would take a punt on him above anyone of the three from Stoke

Watton...!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2016, 09:42:50 PM »
Hmm only on loan, Why bother? Pulis won't play him.

Check his fitness for a season maybe? Should be loan to permanent if so.
Neil Clement: 300 Appearances spanning over a decade, a true Albion legend

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 09:47:04 PM »
Check his fitness for a season maybe? Should be loan to permanent if so.
. Agree ! But it's got to be on both parties,and not just get him fit for Southampton

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2016, 10:13:03 PM »
He'd be a gamble, but surely it's positive intent from Pulis compared to some of his usual targets? (Carlton Cole, wink wink).

Before his injury he was great, now he looks rusty. Surely can't be any worse than Berahino and needs game time. I can't see Southampton selling though as they've not replaced Pelle, unless they have a big target lined up with the Mane + Wanyama cash.

Possibly one Saido Berahino? Would suit both parties?

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2016, 10:28:21 PM »
Possibly one Saido Berahino? Would suit both parties?
.  Just read it could be  a possibility he's part of a Sadio deal

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »
Was pretty much nailed on to make the England squad before his injury. A loan deal for him would be ideal for both clubs so hopefully we can get it done.
Smethwick..

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2016, 10:36:52 PM »
I'd be happy with a loan to permanent arrangement.

Gives us chance to assess how those injuries have potentially hampered him. If its the Rodriguez prior to his injury then he will be a very valuable asset - gives us an option both upfront and out wide.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2016, 10:40:50 PM »
I'd be happy with a loan to permanent arrangement.

Gives us chance to assess how those injuries have potentially hampered him. If its the Rodriguez prior to his injury then he will be a very valuable asset - gives us an option both upfront and out wide.
. The only other question is will he pass the medical . If he does then yes I agree loan to a permanent

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2016, 10:45:40 PM »
See that the Daily Mirror are now reporting Hull are interested in taking him on loan as well

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2016, 11:21:12 PM »
Imagine if we had a time machine - we could swap them the Lambert of 4 years ago for the Rodriguez of 4 years ago

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2016, 06:36:51 AM »
The only thing that worries me is, how much pre season has he done, or how many minutes?

He will be way off Pulis fitness standards surely, so when will we see him.

We need players ready to start now and make an impact.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 08:42:53 AM »
The only thing that worries me is, how much pre season has he done, or how many minutes?

He will be way off Pulis fitness standards surely, so when will we see him.

We need players ready to start now and make an impact.

He came on as a sub against Man Utd on Friday so he must be in relatively good shape. Match fitness maybe needs improving rather than general fitness?

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 08:53:06 AM »
Problem is mate, Pulis, as proven, goes by General fitness and until that's right in his eyes, they won't get game time.

At the moment any new player is a bonus, I just hope that he wasn't low down on the list, and we have better coming in.

After all Fletcher hasn't hardly missed a game since he came, hopefully if he has the right attitude we will be fine with J Rod

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »
my guess is he will most likely got to Hull anyway
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »
Simon Jones in the Daily Mail says we are getting close to an agreement and are in pole position despite other Premier League interest.

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 09:41:07 AM »
I'd never want us to loan from the likes of Southampton.

Ultimately getting their striker back to full fitness and possibly in form, leaving us in the same boat next window.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2016, 09:43:07 AM »
I'd never want us to loan from the likes of Southampton.

Ultimately getting their striker back to full fitness and possibly in form, leaving us in the same boat next window.

Has to be loan with the option to buy.........common sense surely or are we that desperate that were a fitness camp for other clubs.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2016, 09:44:23 AM »
As a backup signing (better than Lambert / Anichebe) then I'd be all for it. However I would hope that a loan deal wouldn't be one of the 5 players that Pulis wants. I still hope we can offload Berahino and bring in a striker of real quality. When I see the likes of Rodriguez and Galloway mentioned I can't help but feel we are a long way down our list of targets and now into panic mode.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2016, 09:47:05 AM »
As a backup signing (better than Lambert / Anichebe) then I'd be all for it. However I would hope that a loan deal wouldn't be one of the 5 players that Pulis wants. I still hope we can offload Berahino and bring in a striker of real quality. When I see the likes of Rodriguez and Galloway mentioned I can't help but feel we are a long way down our list of targets and now into panic mode.

And yet you could argue both would strengthen our team. Id happliy have Galloway at left back moving Evans back centrally, and have Rodgriguez infront of him on the left.

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
I cannot understand why any player would come to us on loan, it is pointless as they get absolutely no game time.
It is time for the club to realise unless TP wants them you can buy/loan who you want but he does not play them.

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2016, 10:03:35 AM »
I cannot understand why any player would come to us on loan, it is pointless as they get absolutely no game time.
It is time for the club to realise unless TP wants them you can buy/loan who you want but he does not play them.

Previous loans have been for anti pulis type players - which has been strange in itself!
Galloway would play out of necessity and J Rod fits a Pulis stereotype much better and is experienced prem player.
He also fits the fit criteria - might not quite be Pulis fit, but will be fitter than some of our other targets