Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 778908 times)

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2011, 08:54:21 AM »
Gareth Mcauley and Billy Jones haven't had an interview yet have they? He probably means them pair

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
Good point probably right
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
Gareth Mcauley and Billy Jones haven't had an interview yet have they? He probably means them pair

That was my thinking. But isn't it interesting the way CL is making his tweets more cryptic, with possible double meanings.

dinkydave2003

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2011, 09:02:56 AM »
That was my thinking. But isn't it interesting the way CL is making his tweets more cryptic, with possible double meanings.

im really loosing faith in this guy, i really am!!
its very clever in how he's tweeted this, well its served its purpose because no doubt every message board will be in meltdown talking about it!!  ::)
When you're sitting on the top, its hard to hear you from way up here.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »
I would be delighted to have Foster on board and if we have pulled the Vaughan signing because of it then we have very serious intent.

Blues need to sell they are in a financial mess there were issues prior to relegation and relegation will not have made them any better (http://tinyurl.com/5t9rqaa). Pretty much the whole squad is for sale no matter what they say in public they need to unload players to raise capital and get the wage bill down.

I expect there to be some hard bargaining but they will sell for roughly what they paid for him i.e. £6m

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

DudleyDan

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »
im really loosing faith in this guy, i really am!!
its very clever in how he's tweeted this, well its served its purpose because no doubt every message board will be in meltdown talking about it!!  ::)

First he poo-pooed everyone on twitter saying Foster was no chance in a swarmy manner - not he's changed his tune and almost acting like he knew all along...

TeamTalk.com is a more reliable source I think.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2011, 09:14:51 AM »

Sadly correct hes clarified that now.  Firstly Deano then CL all getting us all excited, p**ing me off now
By selling Carson without a ready replacement we have laid ourselves open to extortion by other clubs, possibly thats why Blues are now playing hard ball with Foster

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:42 AM »
Sadly correct hes clarified that now.  Firstly Deano then CL all getting us all excited, p**ing me off now
By selling Carson without a ready replacement we have laid ourselves open to extortion by other clubs, possibly thats why Blues are now playing hard ball with Foster

Lets hope they turn out to be masterstroke signings
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
Firstly Deano then CL all getting us all excited, p**ing me off now

Maybe if people started taking everything with a pinch of salt and chilling out a bit they wouldn't get so worked up.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

wba1968-Tim

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »
City fans certainly talking about a deal in the making. :D

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,590110,590110#msg-590110
The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

wba1968-Tim

• Senior Baggie

The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
Maybe if people started taking everything with a pinch of salt and chilling out a bit they wouldn't get so worked up.

You beat me to it

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »
Keepers don't get rated by fans as their player of the season for no reason.

Like Carson at Charlton  :-X

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
So why has the big Eck not come in for him.Strange one that

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
Re: West Brom want Birmingham City star Ben FosterMessage List
Eric Young's Headband09:19, Friday 8 July 2011

Is Boaz Myhill still there?

I'd take him plus £8m.

Job done.

lol muppet

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:50 AM »
So why has the big Eck not come in for him.Strange one that

Nothing to do with the dispute between Birmingham and Villa I don't suppose, much like when Liverpool were asking for £10m for Carson when Villa wanted him yet let him go to us for £3.25m instead due to the previous saga with Gareth Barry. Wouldn't look good on Blues to sell to Villa given what has gone on between them this summer.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »
Another muppet on that blues board just said 'id take £8m and Simon Cox'

LOL!

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »
Blues would've played hard ball regardless of whether Carson was still at the club. Look at how much they're valuing Johnson and Dann at. They aren't going to sell their best players without a fight. Besides it not like the only keepers we have are youths and we're desperate to get ANYONE, we still have Myhill who's played for us in this league and also a whole season in it with Hull.

Also Deano said on Saturday that something might be happening in the next 7-10 days, it's been 6 thus far.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »
The financial crisis that has hit practically everyone in the country certainly hasn't hit football clubs. Leicester yesterday paid £5m for a Championship defender, so it is probably reasonable to expect that we'd have to pay around £6m-£7m for a top Premiership keeper.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »
We wont get Foster.

We will bid fairly low, Brum will want a big fee and negotiations will stop at that point.

I personally think we should just get an unknown foreign keeper in now and hope for the best. Will save any hassle later in the window.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
We wont get Foster.

We will bid fairly low, Brum will want a big fee and negotiations will stop at that point.

I personally think we should just get an unknown foreign keeper in now and hope for the best. Will save any hassle later in the window.

In that case we may as well have had Vaughan.

Thing is people ain't happy whatever happens. If we didn't go for Foster people would moan that were not doing enough and now we are going for Foster people will still moan.

Not a dig at you mate, just the general feeling I get reading these boards sometimes.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2011, 09:48:20 AM »
I love how one of the blues fan said 'why would he go there' emmm because we are in the Premier League you idiot  ;D
BOING BOING

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
Some of their deluded fans think they are bigger than us

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »
We wont get Foster.

Really? Oh rats. You should have got in contact with the club and informed them of this fact, would have saved them the time and hassle of targeting him. Ashworth, Hodgson, Peace - very silly people for not knowing this.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »
6.5 million  plus Myhill and Miller, we get a top keeper and they get 2 good Championship players. Lovely Jubbly :D
BOING BOING