Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 778907 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #2725 on: March 31, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
Stoke at home when we lost 1-0 Norwich away 4-0 we kicked thin air and started swinging from the crossbar Villa last year in the league Everton when he let that shot from a think it was Mirallas squirm under his body do you want me to go on.

So he's averaging one a season then really? Not too bad.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2726 on: March 31, 2016, 06:00:21 PM »
So he's averaging one a season then really? Not too bad.
No not really these are absolute howlers that a real top keeper would make once maybe twice in a career.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2727 on: March 31, 2016, 06:04:59 PM »
No not really these are absolute howlers that a real top keeper would make once maybe twice in a career.

Petr cech made two as bad if not worse than any of these in one game in the first game of the season.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2728 on: April 02, 2016, 05:11:57 PM »
Man of the match today.Solid performance as usual.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2729 on: April 02, 2016, 05:36:18 PM »
Man of the match today.Solid performance as usual.

Understatement. Won us that point no doubt. Superb. We lose that with Myhill in goal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2730 on: April 02, 2016, 06:24:17 PM »
Understatement. Won us that point no doubt. Superb. We lose that with Myhill in goal.

Wouldn't go as far as that as its a bit unfair on myhill as he hasn't really done much wrong but foster number one all day for me

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2731 on: April 02, 2016, 07:23:39 PM »
Gives Roy a reminder of his experienced "possible".

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2732 on: April 02, 2016, 08:08:20 PM »
Gives Roy a reminder of his experienced "possible".

With the injury to Forster I would say probable rather than possible.
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2733 on: April 02, 2016, 08:33:38 PM »
Not seen much of Heaton but Foster should be in the squad based on that performance. Most teams would have missed him having him out so long so shout out to Myhill this season too.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2734 on: April 02, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »
Has the Myhill performance against Man Utd last season been stuck from your memory then.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2735 on: April 02, 2016, 09:23:41 PM »
Has the Myhill performance against Man Utd last season been stuck from your memory then.

No mate, a consistent sequence of decent saves, certainly nothing extraordinary, but nevertheless helped us to an unlikely win; two of Foster's today were world class, we get it, you don't like him.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2736 on: April 02, 2016, 09:39:54 PM »
Applies to most sides...if your 1st choice plays at his best he's a bit better than the 2nd choice but no need to have a swipe at Myhill today.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2737 on: April 03, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »
Jacko,there is no need for the cheap shot at myhill..
Many on here myself included, rate myhill higher, but we are all wise enough to see foster had a really good game yesterday, you can praise one without belittling the other...
Anyway, isn't mingolet your keeper?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2738 on: April 21, 2016, 10:47:09 PM »
Tonight proved why Foster is never an England keeper in a million years Dawson saved him from another absolute howler.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2739 on: April 21, 2016, 11:07:01 PM »
If Myhill had put in a first half like that he'd have got crucified. What Foster was doing for the free kick I don't know.

He's a very good keeper when fully awake but really think he has concentration and focus issues sometimes.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2740 on: April 22, 2016, 07:04:50 AM »
I think foster has gone down hill since joined west brom . has to be the coaching at the club .

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2741 on: April 22, 2016, 07:57:31 AM »
In fairness I think Foster has been much improved since he came back form injury. Hopefully last night was a blip, it was a very poor performance but hopefully he's saving his best for Tottenham... :o
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2742 on: April 22, 2016, 10:18:01 AM »
Apart from the howler that went through his legs I didn't think he did much wrong. Free kick was cowardice from Chester and he was clearly unsighted for the first. 2 great saves second half.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2743 on: April 22, 2016, 10:26:21 AM »
Apart from the howler that went through his legs I didn't think he did much wrong. Free kick was cowardice from Chester and he was clearly unsighted for the first. 2 great saves second half.

Spot on Jacko
if only Chester had stood his ground & took one for the team like Ben did,yes it hurts but its part of a defender's job. No pain no gain.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2744 on: April 22, 2016, 10:32:24 AM »

I disagree about the free kick, his positioning was very poor.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2745 on: April 22, 2016, 10:43:05 AM »
Both Chester and Foster should have stopped the second goal and if either had done their jobs as they should have done, either the ball never reaches Foster or he makes a comfortable save

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2746 on: April 22, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »
Both Chester and Foster should have stopped the second goal and if either had done their jobs as they should have done, either the ball never reaches Foster or he makes a comfortable save

useless free kick on our part for defending, chester turning his shoulder away, i was spitting feathers
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2747 on: April 22, 2016, 11:03:34 AM »
Don't understand why he's guaranteed a place ahead of Myhill.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2748 on: April 22, 2016, 11:09:37 AM »
Don't understand why he's guaranteed a place ahead of Myhill.
because he the better keeper, 4 managers have come to the same decision now, depending on what happens we may go to 5.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2749 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »
because he the better keeper, 4 managers have come to the same decision now, depending on what happens we may go to 5.
I just don't think it's good for competition (and raising standards) when both goalkeepers know that Foster will always play when he's fit; in fact I think that's evidenced itself by Foster's decline in form over the last couple of seasons. Myhill was more consistent during his last run in the team than Foster has been, and I don't recall him making a misstake... shouldn't we at least have waited for some kind of drop in form before dropping Myhill?