Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 778871 times)

royhan

• WBA Coach

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #2300 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:53 PM »
Do we really need a full time coach just for goalkeepers? Our two senior keepers are both full internationals with a wealth of experience for their clubs and country. If the keepers keep making elementary mistakes then find replacements.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2301 on: December 26, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »
Excelled himself today by treating the football like a jelly for the first goal. Then kicked the ball out for Nasri to get treatment with the ref saying play on and the crowd screaming for the game to continue!!

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2302 on: December 26, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »
he has been going down hill for a while and I blame the coaches at the club .

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2303 on: December 26, 2014, 10:24:13 PM »
Sack Dean the Dunce now.  Money for old rope for that loser.  I wonder how many hours he works per week?  What can he do or say different to keep Foster motivated on a weekly basis?  Just no point at all.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2304 on: December 27, 2014, 12:30:20 AM »
Foster will never be challenged and thus never at the top of his game as long as his coach is his mate. The same goes for most of the outfield squad and Keith Downing. How those at the top thought this arrangement would be conducive to good results, god only knows. They're too comfortable.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2305 on: December 27, 2014, 09:20:49 AM »
His kicking and general distribution is currently rubbish too!
He kicks 90% of our possession straight back to the opposition the other 10% goes straight out for  throw to them.
He is generally to slow or just plain unaware/unable to make quick throws to our players in space.
Making up stats to emphasise a point doesn't strengthen your argument.
Our distribution from the back has been poor at times (yesterday I thought it was much better) but having arguably one of the smallest and least mobile forward lines, long balls from any keeper are going to be meat and drink for opposing back fours.

Foster made the same amount of costly errors in the game yesterday as England's undisputed number one.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2306 on: December 27, 2014, 09:50:59 AM »
If anyone needs a rocket up the backside at the moment it's Foster.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is left out of the next England squad with Rob Green getting a call up.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2307 on: December 27, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »
his individual errors are becoming more and more frequent. for me id put myhill in and make him realise his place is not guaranteed regardless.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2308 on: December 27, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »
his individual errors are becoming more and more frequent. for me id put myhill in and make him realise his place is not guaranteed regardless.

Really? Apart from yesterday, can you name any major incidents in the last 10 games?
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2309 on: December 27, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
Really? Apart from yesterday, can you name any major incidents in the last 10 games?

He dropped the ball at QPR which led to their penalty. If he had caught the ball there would have been no penalty.

Complacent along with a little group of others who have one thing in common. They all come out in the press to tell us they think the Head Coach is "nice" and no matter how they perform they keep their place or come straight back in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2310 on: December 27, 2014, 04:12:26 PM »
Never really rated Foster, don't really blame Kiely for his bad form at all. Myhill is a much better shot-stopper from what I have seen.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2311 on: December 27, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »
He dropped the ball at QPR which led to their penalty. If he had caught the ball there would have been no penalty.

Complacent along with a little group of others who have one thing in common. They all come out in the press to tell us they think the Head Coach is "nice" and no matter how they perform they keep their place or come straight back in.
He also messed up against Everton in the 2-0 loss earlier in the season, which allowed a simple Kevin Mirallas shot to slip under him.

I do like Foster, he's obviously quality and last year he made very few errors. I think he knows his number 1 spot is safe and seems too relaxed at times.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2312 on: December 27, 2014, 05:54:12 PM »
There was another two incidents in the second half yesterday where he came for a cross and made a complete hash of it.

He then had the cheek to suggest the snow was the reason for him yet again dropping the ball.

His distribution whether from goal kicks or open play is woeful. Either they go flying out of play, fail to reach half way or end up on a totally different side of the pitch to our forwards.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2313 on: December 27, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »
There was another two incidents in the second half yesterday where he came for a cross and made a complete hash of it.

He then had the cheek to suggest the snow was the reason for him yet again dropping the ball.

His distribution whether from goal kicks or open play is woeful. Either they go flying out of play, fail to reach half way or end up on a totally different side of the pitch to our forwards.

To be fair that could have been the case as it was possibly down to the snow that Hart lost sight of the ball for our goal. A couple of players in recent weeks have seemed to lose the ball with the lights on.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2314 on: December 27, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »
To be fair that could have been the case as it was possibly down to the snow that Hart lost sight of the ball for our goal. A couple of players in recent weeks have seemed to lose the ball with the lights on.

I wouldn't have minded but the snow at this point was hardly coming down thick and fast.

He then tried punching the ball about five minutes later and made a complete hash of that too.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2315 on: December 27, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
Never really rated Foster, don't really blame Kiely for his bad form at all. Myhill is a much better shot-stopper from what I have seen.

:o :o up unto the last couple of months he was no2 english keeper in the land & when Heart went through his ify spell no1. Who do you think WE could sign who is better than Ben.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2316 on: December 27, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »
I really rate and like Foster but kicking the ball out when Nasri was obviously play acting, where he kicked the ball out and the fact he did despite the ref waving him to play on was one of the most f**king retarded things I have seen one of our players do in a long time.  I'm still fuming about it now. 
"This crack is really moreish."

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2317 on: December 28, 2014, 07:37:09 AM »
Don't blame Foster. His actions were merely symptomatic of the difference in approach between the two sides. City were ruthless, we were not.

Look at the drop ball when Milner booted it away from Foster for a goal kick, a much less advantageous position for us than Foster having the ball played to his hands. Look again at the throw in after the Nasri incident. Milner threw it short of Foster, meaning he had to go collect it thus giving Milner plenty of time to get back into position.

Either could be viewed as unsporting, but in reality City are a lethal, well drilled, well organised team with a psychology of never giving up any advantage to the opposition.

Foster's action, in putting the ball out when Nasri was play acting, was just a symptom of Albion's weak, muddled approach. He is an allegedly highly trained professional athlete and should know not to do that, and not to surrender an advantage, unless the opponent is unconscious or clearly badly injured otherwise, or alternatively unless the referee instructs him to put it out.

It was a pathetic moment and just about encapsulated why we are where we are.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2318 on: December 28, 2014, 07:44:03 AM »
:o :o up unto the last couple of months he was no2 english keeper in the land & when Heart went through his ify spell no1. Who do you think WE could sign who is better than Ben.

I don't think we need sign another Geoff, but a wake up call can do him no harm.  Myhill has not let us down as the stand in keeper so a couple of games on the bench will make Foster fight for his place and give him back his cutting edge......maybe.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2319 on: December 28, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »
Don't blame Foster. His actions were merely symptomatic of the difference in approach between the two sides. City were ruthless, we were not.

Look at the drop ball when Milner booted it away from Foster for a goal kick, a much less advantageous position for us than Foster having the ball played to his hands. Look again at the throw in after the Nasri incident. Milner threw it short of Foster, meaning he had to go collect it thus giving Milner plenty of time to get back into position.

Either could be viewed as unsporting, but in reality City are a lethal, well drilled, well organised team with a psychology of never giving up any advantage to the opposition.

Foster's action, in putting the ball out when Nasri was play acting, was just a symptom of Albion's weak, muddled approach. He is an allegedly highly trained professional athlete and should know not to do that, and not to surrender an advantage, unless the opponent is unconscious or clearly badly injured otherwise, or alternatively unless the referee instructs him to put it out.

It was a pathetic moment and just about encapsulated why we are where we are.
Spot on Chipper, and I would add that another symptom of "nice Albion", our captain whether Brunt or Lescott, never get "in the face" of referees, like just about every other team in the Prem. Watch Shawcross today, challenging every decision. It's a part of the game I don't particularly like, but other teams do it to wear down any but the strongest referees , and it seems to work.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2320 on: December 28, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »
I don't think we need sign another Geoff, but a wake up call can do him no harm.  Myhill has not let us down as the stand in keeper so a couple of games on the bench will make Foster fight for his place and give him back his cutting edge......maybe.

Ben's one of the best keeper's we've had for many a long year but I think you're right 54, maybe a couple of games on the bench will help him re-focus  :-\
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2321 on: December 28, 2014, 08:36:15 AM »
Spot on Chipper, and I would add that another symptom of "nice Albion", our captain whether Brunt or Lescott, never get "in the face" of referees, like just about every other team in the Prem. Watch Shawcross today, challenging every decision. It's a part of the game I don't particularly like, but other teams do it to wear down any but the strongest referees , and it seems to work.

Totally agree. We're all nicey, nicey like when the players are all nice in their speeches about how great Irvine is.

It's symptomatic of losers and it doesn't get you results. It needs to change.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2322 on: December 28, 2014, 08:49:33 AM »

Totally agree. We're all nicey, nicey like when the players are all nice in their speeches about how great Irvine is.

It's symptomatic of losers and it doesn't get you results. It needs to change.
Agree with this.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2323 on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
Poor today and all season. Should have saved the first.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2324 on: January 31, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »
Badly positioned for their first goal.
Stood too much behind the wall.