Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 725144 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #3350 on: June 08, 2019, 02:44:51 PM »
Someone saying on another forum we can’t agree terms with Bilic so it’s looking unlikely. When I heard Atkins had gone I just knew something could possibly be up

someone ITK or just someone?
Adkins has been in discussions with Hull about his position for a few months and it always looked likely that he would leave (according to Hull Daily Mail), so the club must have been aware of it before now....I don't think he's in the running to be honest.

I still expect Bilic to be announced soon.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3351 on: June 08, 2019, 02:46:40 PM »
Someone saying on another forum we can’t agree terms with Bilic so it’s looking unlikely. When I heard Atkins had gone I just knew something could possibly be up

It actually says "if they can agree terms".

Yes I was as guilty as you initially at not looking into the article. Misquote. No story at the moment. Talks apparently continuing.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3352 on: June 08, 2019, 02:55:08 PM »

It actually says "if they can agree terms".

Yes I was as guilty as you initially at not looking into the article. Misquote. No story at the moment. Talks apparently continuing.

Yes, this is correct.

People reacting to a mis-quote when you read the actual tweet by Alan Nixon.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3353 on: June 08, 2019, 06:59:11 PM »

Marmalade Atkins
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3354 on: June 08, 2019, 07:35:56 PM »
Atkins would be a better option for me. Knows the Championship and its players, has promotions on his CV and his teams play decent football. Also think he'd be better at bringing on the crop of promising youngsters we have coming through.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bilic is a good choice, but there is a risk element since his knowledge of Championship football is limited to say the least.

superkev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3355 on: June 08, 2019, 07:41:38 PM »
I agree I have always liked Adkins style of football and he is highly underrated so it’s a YES FROM ME
"

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3356 on: June 08, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
I agree I have always liked Adkins style of football and he is highly underrated so it’s a YES FROM ME
I think he's one of a number of good managers available now - I would be happy with him or Bilic.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3357 on: June 08, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »
I would prefer Bilic, we would stand a better chance should we go up. Adkins has done well mainly in lower leagues, another Kenny Jacket imo.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3358 on: June 08, 2019, 09:25:39 PM »
I’ve warmed to the idea of Adkins. Think he’s quite underrated and if I remember rightly he was harshly sacked by Southampton (at the time).

I think Bilic would be more ambitious and probably has a better knowledge of some European players. However Adkins could probably rebuild the squad better.

If he can convince Bowen to come here aswell that would be great.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3359 on: June 08, 2019, 09:26:41 PM »
Adkins wants time off apparently

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3360 on: June 08, 2019, 09:47:18 PM »
Slightly dissapointed Labbadia not being mentioned now. There are no real clues whether  that is down to us or him.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3361 on: June 08, 2019, 11:21:10 PM »
Slightly dissapointed Labbadia not being mentioned now. There are no real clues whether  that is down to us or him.

If I was him I would have lost interest by now anyway.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3362 on: June 09, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
I know football isn’t “normal” but to be interviewed and wait a couple of weeks is completely normal so if people really want to manage us (and they’ve interviewed that tell me they do!) then surely they wouldn’t mind being patient?!

Hopefully we’ll get a Sunday exclusive update today or something.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3363 on: June 09, 2019, 08:15:01 AM »
If I had interviewed a candidate that impressed and I decided I really  wanted to hire I would not the the bugger leave the building let alone leave it two weeks to make an offer!

kendo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3364 on: June 09, 2019, 08:39:14 AM »
Dead right mate, but don't forget they have got to plot to have a meeting with owner .I wander how long it will take to do that . Have you ever heard anything so pathetic. We become more of a joke every day that passes

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3365 on: June 09, 2019, 09:02:06 AM »
Dead right mate, but don't forget they have got to plot to have a meeting with owner .I wander how long it will take to do that . Have you ever heard anything so pathetic. We become more of a joke every day that passes

I think that’s the point - they have to consult with Lai in China before they can agree to anything . I presume that would consist of a dossier of all the likely candidates or maybe unlikely as well.
In the meantime back home ‘ the wolves are gathering’.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3366 on: June 09, 2019, 09:06:10 AM »
I think that’s the point - they have to consult with Lai in China before they can agree to anything . I presume that would consist of a dossier of all the likely candidates or maybe unlikely as well.
In the meantime back home ‘ the wolves are gathering’.

Consult a bloke in China who knows absolutely nothing about football, you couldn't make it up could you?...what a cake and ar*e party this is turning out to be.
MAGA!

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3367 on: June 09, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »
Consult a bloke in China who knows absolutely nothing about football, you couldn't make it up could you?...what a cake and ar*e party this is turning out to be.

Who knows he may have left it to the UK board previously and he now realises he knows as much as they do ?! Which is nothing.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3368 on: June 09, 2019, 09:32:07 AM »
Who knows he may have left it to the UK board previously and he now realises he knows as much as they do ?! Which is nothing.

I thought he had one of his men here already if so i don't see the need.   

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3369 on: June 09, 2019, 10:48:39 AM »
Adkins wants time off apparently

This is the usual excuse once they know we are interested. If you are a football manager there is nothing quite like being out of work. :)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3370 on: June 09, 2019, 07:18:11 PM »
I’d assume the contractual obligation on this appointment will be over 4m regardless of who it is....if I knew naff all about football but you were spending 4m of my money I’d want a  say in it
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3371 on: June 09, 2019, 08:43:35 PM »
West Brom had been linked with Portuguese manager Rui Almeida, but SM Caen have confirmed that they have appointed him as their boss

Another one off the list  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3372 on: June 09, 2019, 11:14:35 PM »
I just hope for their sake that this as all been worth the wait or they will get it big time. They need to get it right this time, we've said that many times but this really is a massive moment in the clubs history.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3373 on: June 10, 2019, 06:03:47 AM »
I just hope for their sake that this as all been worth the wait or they will get it big time.

I bet the board are scared. What are people going to do? Threaten to not renew their season tickets, then renew them anyway? Again  ::)

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3374 on: June 10, 2019, 06:52:20 AM »
The whole situation reminds me of a few years back when we were allegedly talking to Ranieri and Rangnick and we ended up with Clarke.

Don’t get me wrong, on reflection Clarke did as good a job as possible but wasn’t one of the more exciting names being bandied about.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.