Author Topic: Assistant Head Coach  (Read 115209 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Assistant Head Coach
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »
Imagine Phillips and Shakespeare’s contract situations may be a bit different as Allardyce and Rowett have both left the respective clubs.

Very true, both could be working notice of a different kind.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2018, 02:31:06 PM »
Just had a quick look. According to Transfermarkt Appleton's contracted to Leicester City until June 30th 2020. Couldn't find details of expiry dates for Shakespeare or Phillips so they may be on rolling contracts.
Certainly fits the bill.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2018, 03:04:51 PM »
Just had a quick look. According to Transfermarkt Appleton's contracted to Leicester City until June 30th 2020. Couldn't find details of expiry dates for Shakespeare or Phillips so they may be on rolling contracts.
Would be a massive coup if we were able to get Appleton in.
"This crack is really moreish."

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2018, 06:39:44 PM »
Stuart Pearce anyone?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2018, 07:35:46 PM »
Steven Reid.

Qualified with is Fifa Pro Licence today. Only a coach at Palace so would be a step up in responsibility. Knows the club.

I'd prefer Phillips or Shakey, but my money is on Reid.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2018, 07:47:25 PM »
Steven Reid.

Qualified with is Fifa Pro Licence today. Only a coach at Palace so would be a step up in responsibility. Knows the club.

Like his attitude, but on reflection, would like a more offensive Assistant Coach
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »
I genuinely won't be surprised if it's a seasoned ex-lower league player who has played with Moore elsewhere.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
Not fussed who it is, Moore will know who is best for him.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2018, 09:46:01 PM »
Steven Reid.

That would be a like from me, got club connections, smart guy too, Hodgson used to speak very highly of him on and off the pitch

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2018, 10:46:58 PM »
when do the players report back for pre season?, would expect us to have an assistant by then

jim68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2018, 11:53:32 PM »
Stuart Pearce anyone?
god i hope not dont want any forest rejects

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2018, 12:12:40 AM »
David Dunn leaving Blackburn?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2018, 12:34:24 AM »
when do the players report back for pre season?, would expect us to have an assistant by then

Monday 25th June.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2018, 01:42:35 AM »

I believe its next week.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2018, 07:03:21 AM »
According to the Express and Star Darren Moore has identified his ideal candidate but there is a delay and no hint as to what the cause of the delay is.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/06/22/darren-moore-staying-patient-in-search-for-west-brom-assistant/
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2018, 10:13:09 AM »
According to the Express and Star Darren Moore has identified his ideal candidate but there is a delay and no hint as to what the cause of the delay is.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/06/22/darren-moore-staying-patient-in-search-for-west-brom-assistant/

The guy is probably on holiday or the world cup we will have to wait and see, but he seems confident in getting his top target.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2018, 10:48:04 AM »

Smacks of a made up story, no information in it whatsoever.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2018, 09:40:14 AM »
You only have to look as far as the current national team set up to see just how important the right assistant is. Everyone waxes lyrical about the work that Steve Holland is doing with the side, and I think tactically he is the one doing the majority of the work, with Southgate being there primarily as the diplomatic head and man manager, which I can see being a similar set up to how we would operate under big Dave as I have my doubts as to his tactical acumen. This is a key appointment to get right.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »
You only have to look as far as the current national team set up to see just how important the right assistant is. Everyone waxes lyrical about the work that Steve Holland is doing with the side, and I think tactically he is the one doing the majority of the work, with Southgate being there primarily as the diplomatic head and man manager, which I can see being a similar set up to how we would operate under big Dave as I have my doubts as to his tactical acumen. This is a key appointment to get right.

Who do you credit for the points attained under DM in his Premiership run then? The average points gained equivalent of a 62 point season.

Holland himself has credited Southgate for the change in formation based on Southgates own International career and what he wanted to do.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2018, 02:43:23 PM »
Who do you credit for the points attained under DM in his Premiership run then? The average points gained equivalent of a 62 point season.

Holland himself has credited Southgate for the change in formation based on Southgates own International career and what he wanted to do.

I felt Shan did a lot of the unheralded work last season, combined with the perfect storm of there being absolutely no pressure or expectation on the players allowing them the freedom to just go out and perform free from any proverbial shackles.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2018, 03:03:47 PM »
Yet Shans age group teams get d1cked on the regular. Moore not getting anywhere near enough credit.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #221 on: June 25, 2018, 03:10:29 PM »
Yet Shans age group teams get d1cked on the regular. Moore not getting anywhere near enough credit.

Any youngster of any ability was out on loan last season whereas we had a squad of senior players who should not have been relegated had they been managed properly, which is where your man Tony comes in for his share of criticism, together with no ones man, Alan.

Only so much a man (in this instance Shan) can do with the tools at his disposal.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #222 on: June 25, 2018, 03:32:09 PM »
Unbelievable on both fronts. Shan obviously had positive input as does Holland. But essentially you're crediting the successes of both sides to the assistants. When in the case of England even the AM himself said Southgate was behind the tactical change. Alluding to the fact that Southgate is actually competent and isn't at the helm for PR purposes.

Likewise DM done awfully well when he was at the helm for us and for him to be written off already as well as his successes last season accredited to someone else is disrespectful.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2018, 03:41:17 PM »
Unbelievable on both fronts. Shan obviously had positive input as does Holland. But essentially you're crediting the successes of both sides to the assistants. When in the case of England even the AM himself said Southgate was behind the tactical change. Alluding to the fact that Southgate is actually competent and isn't at the helm for PR purposes.

Likewise DM done awfully well when he was at the helm for us and for him to be written off already as well as his successes last season accredited to someone else is disrespectful.

Maybe so, but it is my opinion on it as I see it. I find it disrespectful that you find my opinion disrespectful  ;D

Ultimately, the fact is that we will never know in both cases. They will succeed or fail together and it will be down to opinion as to who was the reason behind the success or the failure.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #224 on: June 25, 2018, 04:01:26 PM »
Genuine question as we're all Fans on the outside looking in with very little knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes in training and on match days - what has built up that opinion of it being James Shan that deserves more credit?

I’m not being argumentative I just want to know how people form these kinds of opinions.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill