Author Topic: Letter to Li Piyue  (Read 8597 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Letter to Li Piyue
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:58:56 AM »
It is my intention to write to our Chairman Mr Li Piyue to tell him how after a lifetime of supporting the club, I have become disenchanted with the amateurish way, that West Bromwich Albion F.C is being managed.
Since Mr Lai acquired the club we have been in a downward spiral due to some very poor appointments.
The appointment of Mark Jenkins has accelerated our decline, and that is why I will address my comments to Li Piyue, in the hope that my feelings will be forwarded to Guochuan Lai.
I am not naive enough to think that my letter will carry any weight with the owner, who makes no attempt to communicate with us, save to buy us a scarf and a couple of beers, but if a sufficient number expressed our feelings who knows?
Just wondered if anyone had made any attempt to converse with our owners.
No offence intended , but spare me the Albion Assembly, which is largely run by the club and excludes the most important topics in the minds of supporters.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:07:37 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Letter to Li Piyue
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 12:20:04 PM »
Save yourself the time and the angst.
You and me are fans.
We don't matter.
We have an affinity with the club that the owners cannot/won't/can't understand.
To do any good it would need all the fans not to attend games. That's not going to happen.
I go to watch the games and have a moan about what's happening to our club, that's as good as it gets I'm afraid.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 12:32:49 PM »
Save yourself the time and the angst.
You and me are fans.
We don't matter.
We have an affinity with the club that the owners cannot/won't/can't understand.
To do any good it would need all the fans not to attend games. That's not going to happen.
I go to watch the games and have a moan about what's happening to our club, that's as good as it gets I'm afraid.

I happen to agree with tuamigos, you will probably get more out of writing to the boiler......... ;D
MAGA!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 12:35:00 PM »
I happen to agree with tuamigos, you will probably get more out of writing to the boiler......... ;D
Made me laugh ;D

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 12:41:40 PM »
Made me laugh ;D

Good to hear!

I am not being flippant or dismissing your proposal, its just that I cannot think of one person on that board who has the clubs best interest at heart when it comes to progression. For me the current 'regime' is all about balancing the books, cutting the losses and so forth. Thats not a bad thing providing there is a plan that actually involves what happens on the pitch.

I am quite sure the owner/chairman has this site and others monitored for the strength of feeling etc so I would anticipate that they already know, but do they care? I fear not.

I still believe their ambition is promotion, but our reasons are probably different to theirs. Its going to be a hard few years ahead I think......
MAGA!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »
Good to hear!

I am not being flippant or dismissing your proposal, its just that I cannot think of one person on that board who has the clubs best interest at heart when it comes to progression. For me the current 'regime' is all about balancing the books, cutting the losses and so forth. Thats not a bad thing providing there is a plan that actually involves what happens on the pitch.

I am quite sure the owner/chairman has this site and others monitored for the strength of feeling etc so I would anticipate that they already know, but do they care? I fear not.

I still believe their ambition is promotion, but our reasons are probably different to theirs. Its going to be a hard few years ahead I think......
I know mate and I am running out of years ;)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 12:46:59 PM »
If Li Piyue had anything to do with the running of the club, I would say go for it. But the likelihood is it's all Jenkins, and Li is just a figurehead.

Conversely if Li was making the decisions, I'd be more forgiving. Anybody can make mistakes in their first appointment, especially if they don't have industry knowledge.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 01:12:32 PM »
Its going to have to get much much worse than 4th in the Championship to get fans to unite and cause enough fuss for the club to take note.

Guochuan Lai needs to sell up if he's not interested or willing to invest in the club.

The only way he will sell up, in my opinion, is if we get promoted and he can get a good chunk of his money back.

What are we worth in the Championship?  £30-40mil?  As a Premier League club perhaps £100-150mil (despite what he paid) so it staggers me why he has shown so little interest in or investing in getting us promoted.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »
Its going to have to get much much worse than 4th in the Championship to get fans to unite and cause enough fuss for the club to take note..

I don't think our fans are capable of uniting on a larger basis like at other clubs. We seem geographically disparate, with not many actually based in West Brom, and that's before we take into account the attitude divide.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »
"If a sufficient number expressed our feelings who knows?"

Best way to do that is to simply not renew season tickets and leave them with an empty ground. Unfortunately, a lot of fans do not have a life without WBA, so they simply can't do it, however much they whine and moan and say they won't renew. By renewing you're basically giving them a nod and saying 'this is fine, carry on as you are', so the fans will get what they're given unfortunately.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »
I'd love to know their reasons for sacking Moore and, if it was down to results / style, how they thought going from 3 inexperienced coaches to 1 was the answer.
I'd also like to know, if Jenkins is the one calling the shots, what credentials he has for making football related decisions. And, what the consequences, at board level, will be, should we fail to achieve promotion. Will these buffoons pay with their jobs or will we just keep sacking managers whilst falling down the leagues.

May as well write the letter to my mom though, as at least then I might get an answer, and she certainly knows more about football.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »
I don't think our fans are capable of uniting on a larger basis like at other clubs. We seem geographically disparate, with not many actually based in West Brom, and that's before we take into account the attitude divide.

Sadly I agree with the attitude divide.

I don't think the opinion on this board is necessarily representative of the wider fan base.

I think we'd have to be lower reaches of this division and staring down equalling our lowest ever point before the wider fan base would actively turn.

With regard to OP, I haven't written to the club/current owners but I would say give it a go just to see if there is a courtesy response if for nothing else.

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »
I work with Chinese companies daily, as sensitive as individuals may be, they have a business interest and that will take priority over everything else. I've seen how easily they fire people, they are ruthless.

Compassion and understanding your circumstance/ our circumstance wont be forthcoming. 

The club has been trying to win over the fans subliminally all season with their 'One Albion' messaging they keep putting across but underneath they are trying to do so on a shoestring budget.

Li cannot spend his money, the Chinese government won't let him put anymore in, it's just how it is.

We've got more turbulence ahead i fear.
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 08:04:03 PM »
I don't think the owners are particularly to blame. They seem to acknowledge they know little about football and have put others who should know better in charge. The first mistake was Williams as chairman, and it was Peace who recommended him as a safehands. I wouldn't be surprised if he recommended Jenkins either who appears to have zero long term planning ability.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 08:25:45 PM »
I don't think the owners are particularly to blame. They seem to acknowledge they know little about football and have put others who should know better in charge. The first mistake was Williams as chairman, and it was Peace who recommended him as a safehands. I wouldn't be surprised if he recommended Jenkins either who appears to have zero long term planning ability.

He clearly doesn't have any short term planning ability either.

Not many clubs get relegated and still look like strong favourites for promotion the season after... we have everything to lose here and they replace Moore with shan... amateur decision which is proving to be a completely shocking decision and the club have the cheek to threaten season ticket holders that they will lose their seats if they dont renew early?!

What an embarrassing board from top to bottom.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »
He clearly doesn't have any short term planning ability either.

Not many clubs get relegated and still look like strong favourites for promotion the season after... we have everything to lose here and they replace Moore with shan... amateur decision which is proving to be a completely shocking decision and the club have the cheek to threaten season ticket holders that they will lose their seats if they dont renew early?!

What an embarrassing board from top to bottom
The men in suits don't really know the real situation. They are blinded by their pay cheque.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 10:38:27 AM »
Perhaps we should make #ByeLai signs/stickers/shirts anything to get the message out.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 10:59:09 AM »
Sorry - but who is this bloke and what the **** is his influence?

He is equally culpable in this mess.

Lai and the rest of this board need to go. Sooner the better
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 11:00:51 AM »
Has Li Piyue ever communicated anything to us fans? I dont think we've even had a statement on the website from him?
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »

Li cannot spend his money, the Chinese government won't let him put anymore in, it's just how it is.

For me, this doesn't really matter. What matters is running the club properly. This can be done by having a style of play and recruiting managers and players to suit that; recruiting smartly by not just limiting the search to this country; having a wage structure that is competitive but can be manageable in case of any relegation; and looking to capitalise on the academy, be it by introducing players into the first team or selling on talents as an income stream.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 11:13:48 AM »
Perhaps we should make #ByeLai signs/stickers/shirts anything to get the message out.

Be careful what you wish for. We have some prime estate that could be sold off. It could be 'ByeLai, hello Asda'.
MAGA!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 01:39:29 PM »
Be careful what you wish for. We have some prime estate that could be sold off. It could be 'ByeLai, hello Asda'.

At least Asda know what football is. Lai probably doesn't even understand the offside rule.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 04:42:56 PM »
Not that prime, in supermarket terms. The Morrison branch (on the site that is now The Range) closed after a couple of years. No supermarket chain needs another inner city venue. A distribution hub is more feasible.
However, isn't time to stop the negative drumbeat?
It's a football ground - and should remain so.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 02:37:12 PM »
Just been looking at various players wages. What I'm about to say is hypothetical, but go with it.

Imagine if we'd signed a player on loan last season like Rashford, who is now on £45k pw. Offered him £75k pw, instead of taking a chance of an injury prone player like Sturridge who was on £100k pw with us. Then imagine we'd signed Lingard (currently on £50k pw) on loan instead of Greg who was also pocketing £100k pw.

Between them we'd have saved £50k pw and would have had proven PL quality, and not the slop we ended up with.

I know those exact players I mentioned probably wouldn't have ventured down to us, but my point is to see the quality on offer for the price. Our recruitment is shocking. Surely we could have picked up a couple of decent PL players who just couldn't get into their team, and I'm pretty sure that could have saved our season.

But alas, we took risks and lost out. And now we're wondering why we are struggling to get out of the division.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 10:21:10 AM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.