Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129456 times)

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4400 on: June 24, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
there was always a possiblity as long as the Rondon deal was on the table but no way now.

He will be snapped up by another championship side such as  Fulham and then deliver 20+ goals for them guaranteed.

I imagine Newcastle will want to bring in a striker before loaning out Gayle again and they'll have to bring in a manager first. With only 6 weeks to go until the close of the window, I fancy he'll be staying at Newcastle now.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4401 on: June 25, 2019, 12:01:48 AM »
Reading the E&S Dowling says that as the weeks go on the bids might get bigger for Rondon. what does this mean because I've read a few times on here that he has a release clause of a certain value.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/990240188?-11200:789

"There is interest in Salomon and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t," said Dowling. “He’s had a good season with Newcastle – a year as a centre-forward and we all know what that means to Newcastle supporters.

“His season was the right way around, rather than starting great and fading, he finished the season really strongly.

“So if we do want to sell him that’s great for us but we’re anticipating as the weeks go on that the offers made for him might get bigger.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:03:58 AM by caravanc58 »

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4402 on: June 25, 2019, 12:19:41 AM »
Reading the E&S Dowling says that as the weeks go on the bids might get bigger for Rondon. what does this mean because I've read a few times on here that he has a release clause of a certain value.

"There is interest in Salomon and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t," said Dowling. “He’s had a good season with Newcastle – a year as a centre-forward and we all know what that means to Newcastle supporters.

“His season was the right way around, rather than starting great and fading, he finished the season really strongly.

“So if we do want to sell him that’s great for us but we’re anticipating as the weeks go on that the offers made for him might get bigger.
I think although he has a release clause nobody is bidding it yet, probably hoping to get him below that level. As the weeks go by teams maybe become a little more desperate and eventually bid the release clause or at least closer to it than has been bid up to now.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4403 on: June 25, 2019, 12:44:04 AM »
I think the situation with Newcastle is quite straight forward Rondon won't be going there now that Benetiz has left. With regard to the fee it is capped at the release clause but that won't stop clubs trying to lowball us on it. Ultimately this is a game of chicken and it is one that if as reported his wages don't flex down that we can't afford to lose so somewhere in the next 6 weeks he will be sold.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4404 on: June 25, 2019, 01:04:04 AM »

This got my attention too. What I read between the lines is: 1) they're not getting offers that are activating the clause but instead offers below the 16.5 million, and 2) they're going to sell him regardless at the highest bidder if the bids only come below the 16.5 million because A) they're not interested in paying his wages, and B) they rather get some sort of fee in return for letting go of him now than getting nothing for it if he leaves on a free in the winter or later.

The silver lining here would be if the fee gets put back into the transfer budget. Can only hope.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4405 on: June 25, 2019, 07:02:16 AM »
Transfer insider says Newcastle still keen on Salomon Rondon despite Rafa Benitez exit

WARNING! Daily Star article

Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/787650/Newcastle-transfer-news-Salomon-Rondon-Rafa-Benitez-West-Brom?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4406 on: June 25, 2019, 08:14:13 AM »
There's always a chance he plays his last season with us in the Championship if no one bites for him - or we possibly sell him to an obscure location such as China or USA.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4407 on: June 25, 2019, 09:32:27 AM »

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4408 on: June 25, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »
It's easy to work out from Dowling's comments that Rondon will be sold in the summer whether its for his release clause of simply to the highest bidder.

I can see him going for around 10/12 million near the end of the window to be honest, the tricky thing is how do the club deal with him once he's back from international duty.

Is he to train with the first team or left on his own to train whilst we find a new club, its clear that we have no intentions of using him this season so would seem bizarre to give him pre season game time.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4409 on: June 25, 2019, 09:50:19 AM »
This could have been a good deal if its correct

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/787729/West-Ham-Salomon-Rondon-bid-transfer-news-latest

I would have been happy with that deal to be honest. Would cover us with another striker and also sort out right back problem out whilst also giving us some money to invest in to one or two more players.

To think we could have got Bryam, Hugill, paid 4million for Oxford and still have 6million left would have been a good bit of business.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4410 on: June 25, 2019, 10:22:29 AM »
From our game against Boro last season I am not overly struck on Hugill...but then you have to factor in who his manager was.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4411 on: June 25, 2019, 03:44:03 PM »
EFL hub reporting West Ham have offered £10m, Byram and Hugil for Rondon.

Very impressed with Hugil against us for Boro last year. Perfect for Bilic' system plus he would know their abilities and character.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4412 on: June 25, 2019, 03:49:42 PM »

Very impressed with Hugil against us for Boro last year. Perfect for Bilic' system plus he would know their abilities and character.

Not sure he would know anything about Hugill as he only went West Ham last year. Looking at his career he doesn't seem to score that many goals, 12 in 44 was his best return in the 16/17 season. Managed 6 goals last year for Boro but he was in a Tony Pulis team so I wont look into that too much.

We need at least 2 strikers coming in (3 if Jay Rod leaves) so on that basis I wouldn't mind him coming in, but wouldn't be too confident if he was our first choice striker.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4413 on: June 25, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »

That sounds like a very good deal to me.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4414 on: June 25, 2019, 04:38:36 PM »
Do we really ever see swap deals come off?!

There could be work to be done with Reece Oxford too if the clubs are going to do business together.

Don't know a lot about Hugil but i'd like Oxford and Byram.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4415 on: June 25, 2019, 04:39:28 PM »
That sounds like a very good deal to me.
I suppose a lot will depend on the wage demands.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4416 on: June 25, 2019, 04:42:56 PM »
Thought Hugill was poor. A big lump with very little ability. No from me.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4417 on: June 25, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
Big no to hugill, 10mill, oxford and Byram I’d consider, Byram has massively tailed off after breaking Onto the scene but if we can get him playing at the level he was at he could be a decent signing
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4418 on: June 25, 2019, 06:16:25 PM »

Yeah, average championship player at best.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4419 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:39 PM »
Yeah, average championship player at best.
Better than Robson Kanu then.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4420 on: June 25, 2019, 06:30:00 PM »

But who isn't?

Hugil was just dirty and mostly ineffective. Byram would be a really good edition but hopefully with someone else.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4421 on: June 25, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »

Kanu is a poor Championship player. Would be more suited to League 1 or League 2.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4422 on: June 25, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »

A poor lump who caused the Albion defence no end of problems?
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4423 on: June 25, 2019, 07:00:51 PM »
A poor lump who caused the Albion defence no end of problems?

I remember him diving a couple of times, aside from that we were comfortable until Assombalonga was introduced.

Hugill is poor.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4424 on: June 25, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »
I don't rate either so would be a no for me, just pay the cash.