Author Topic: Callum Robinson  (Read 172518 times)

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

Re: Callum Robinson
« Reply #575 on: April 05, 2021, 01:14:52 PM »
I like Robinson. Probably not a premier league player (even as a squad player) but he is a hard worker with a bit more quality than he gets credit for. He could be a key player next season and he should have been given more minutes by Allardyce up to this point, but hopefully those goals will get him into the team from this point forward.

That second is as well taken as any you will see.

Agreed, just find it baffling how HRK was getting more minutes than him

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #576 on: April 05, 2021, 07:36:38 PM »
I was delighted he got his proper chance on Saturday.

I love his spirit and commitment and while I can see how people reckon he's probably not Premier League quality, he's not had a lot of chance to prove us wrong. He's still relatively young.

Shameful that he had to suffer that nasty nonsense.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #577 on: April 05, 2021, 07:42:04 PM »
I was delighted he got his proper chance on Saturday.

I love his spirit and commitment and while I can see how people reckon he's probably not Premier League quality, he's not had a lot of chance to prove us wrong. He's still relatively young.

Shameful that he had to suffer that nasty nonsense.

Hes played chelsea and give them all sorts of issues. He caused wolves loads of issues too.. another player who has improved a lot. Also he isnt afraid to try things, he has good movement and creates space also
O Albion we love you

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #578 on: April 05, 2021, 07:54:03 PM »
and its a TEAM game and he clearly a team player who the rest of the team are close to.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

sean wba

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #579 on: April 06, 2021, 12:20:59 AM »
The 3 best games this season from my point of view he's played a big part in each game. Chelsea at home scored 2, won the 2 penalties at the mol and the 2 superb goals at the bridge Saturday. He must be awfull in training if big Sam thinks Robson kanu is a better player, that's all I can think.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #580 on: April 06, 2021, 02:38:34 AM »
The 3 best games this season from my point of view he's played a big part in each game. Chelsea at home scored 2, won the 2 penalties at the mol and the 2 superb goals at the bridge Saturday. He must be awfull in training if big Sam thinks Robson kanu is a better player, that's all I can think.

Echo pretty much how I feel. No coincidence in the games he has played a major part have been our best performances of season.
O Albion we love you

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #581 on: April 06, 2021, 05:48:27 PM »
And, it’s a big and, in my ‘umble opinion, Callum Robinson’s enthusiasm is infectious and is ingested by his teammates.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #582 on: April 06, 2021, 06:37:15 PM »
And, it’s a big and, in my ‘umble opinion, Callum Robinson’s enthusiasm is infectious and is ingested by his teammates.

Agree the antithesis of Zohore for example.
If him being on the pitch can lift 10 other players by a % or 2 it can be a significant thing, A classic exemplar of this was Gerrard leading by attitude and commitment and no shortage of ability.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #583 on: April 06, 2021, 06:54:27 PM »
Both his goals were well taken, but the first was an exceptional finish which I honestly didn't think he had in him, as it is very hard to pull off.

He deserved his goals as he's been bad ignored imo.

When we go down I could see him getting between 12-15 next season.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #584 on: April 12, 2021, 08:06:37 PM »
Great performance full of powerful running.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2021, 08:07:31 PM »
Look more balanced with him playing than without.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2021, 08:37:57 PM »
I like the way he makes runs from deep into scoring positions. He's got enough pace to do it. And he put away that chance today very efficiently. There are quite a lot of forwards who would have fluffed it.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #587 on: April 12, 2021, 08:41:10 PM »
I like the way he makes runs from deep into scoring positions. He's got enough pace to do it. And he put away that chance today very efficiently. There are quite a lot of forwards who would have fluffed it.

Very true. A very cool finisher when opportunities present themselves.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #588 on: April 12, 2021, 09:00:03 PM »
Monkey off his back today, a Premier League goal against a team other than Chelsea.  8)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #589 on: April 12, 2021, 09:13:04 PM »
Well done Callum nice to see you score against another team other than our whipping boys Chelski.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #590 on: April 12, 2021, 09:17:13 PM »
Great game unplayable at times just tired towards end. Glad he scored v somebody besides chelsea. Looks a great swap still. Long Townsend and bartley he has really improved this year
O Albion we love you

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #591 on: April 13, 2021, 12:36:42 AM »
Brilliant finish, another great run in-behind and good feet to set himself. He is the only striker we have that naturally can play off the shoulder of the defenders. Allardyce was just about to sub him as well! Delighted for him.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #592 on: April 13, 2021, 02:11:04 PM »
Played well again and got another well deserved goal. He is a decent finisher at our level but he also another of those players who gets around the pitch well, pops up in unexpected positions sometimes but is usually available for a one two, or is prepared to run on. He looks as if he wants to play for us. Done well when selected but not sure Allardyce likes him much.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #593 on: April 13, 2021, 02:30:22 PM »
Swapping him for Burke was great business. Underusing Robinson has been a fault of Allardyce's.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #594 on: April 13, 2021, 02:36:43 PM »
Played well again and got another well deserved goal. He is a decent finisher at our level but he also another of those players who gets around the pitch well, pops up in unexpected positions sometimes but is usually available for a one two, or is prepared to run on. He looks as if he wants to play for us. Done well when selected but not sure Allardyce likes him much.
I completey agree with all this, I don't really get the repeated "but he's not good enough for the Prem", if we can bounce back up I hope he gets a fair crack at it, even if it is more often as a supersub.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #595 on: April 13, 2021, 02:47:10 PM »
I completey agree with all this, I don't really get the repeated "but he's not good enough for the Prem", if we can bounce back up I hope he gets a fair crack at it, even if it is more often as a supersub.

When I make assertions like that I try to base it on whether he would start games at this level for other clubs. I find it hard to make a case for Robbo on that score. Yesterday he was about to be hauled off when he scored after a good 30 ineffective minutes. He's playing well in a functioning front 6 and deserves a run in the team based on his recent contribution.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #596 on: April 13, 2021, 03:10:20 PM »
When I make assertions like that I try to base it on whether he would start games at this level for other clubs. I find it hard to make a case for Robbo on that score. Yesterday he was about to be hauled off when he scored after a good 30 ineffective minutes. He's playing well in a functioning front 6 and deserves a run in the team based on his recent contribution.

The entire attacking line up of our team were ineffective for 30 minutes because of the tactics that were used.  You'll get ineffective attackers if all you do sit on the edge of your box and therefore can't get out.  Sam's admitted that his tactics were to sit back and see what Southampton had to offer.

If anything, it shows his value to us and the game in that he was still able to pop up, sprint away and finish.  No way would Gallagher have done that.

When he's on the pitch and combining with Pierera we look miles better as a team.  It's been a massive mistake to bench him for so long when we've needed to score goals.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #597 on: April 13, 2021, 03:16:34 PM »
The entire attacking line up of our team were ineffective for 30 minutes because of the tactics that were used.  You'll get ineffective attackers if all you do sit on the edge of your box and therefore can't get out.  Sam's admitted that his tactics were to sit back and see what Southampton had to offer.

If anything, it shows his value to us and the game in that he was still able to pop up, sprint away and finish.  No way would Gallagher have done that.

When he's on the pitch and combining with Pierera we look miles better as a team.  It's been a massive mistake to bench him for so long when we've needed to score goals.

Couldn't agree more - bang on.  We need to attack teams, as we are so much more suited to playing on the front foot than sitting back waiting.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #598 on: April 13, 2021, 03:17:08 PM »

Pereira and Diagne were still a threat in the early stages of the second half. It wasn't an approach issue, he had a quiet game. Nothing wrong with that.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #599 on: April 13, 2021, 03:20:55 PM »
Pereira and Diagne were still a threat in the early stages of the second half. It wasn't an approach issue, he had a quiet game. Nothing wrong with that.

No they weren't.  Show me any chances that were created?  We had nothing and sat too deep, look at the match thread, everyone was saying the same.