Author Topic: Email fromDarren  (Read 4272 times)

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

Email fromDarren
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »
Fantastic touch by Darren and the club. He really is The Redeemer.the feel good factor grows and grows.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Email fromDarren
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 06:44:44 PM »
Fantastic touch by Darren and the club. He really is The Redeemer.the feel good factor grows and grows.

Explain? ???
Baggie in Southampton

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:01:46 PM »
Yes a superb "Welcome To The New Season!" email from Darren.
"I want a team that will excite you, I want a team that is full of energy and enthusiasm. Equally, I want a team that works very, very hard because if you don’t have that, you’ve got nothing.

I want my team to fight for every ball, for every yard on the pitch. I want them to be desperate to succeed and wanting to do well for the football club. If we get that, their ability will come into its own. But first and foremost, we have to work hard, we have to be energetic, we have to be determined and we have to want to win, every challenge, every game, every week."

Love it!

Also, the caps to Super Bob & Sneekes is a great touch before kick-off.
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/stars-in-stripes-forever/

It feels like something very, very special is starting.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:05:24 PM »
Why haven't I received one?

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:07:07 PM »
Not sure, it dropped at 17:16.
PM me your email & I'll forward it on if you want.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:07:49 PM »
Yes a superb "Welcome To The New Season!" email from Darren.
"I want a team that will excite you, I want a team that is full of energy and enthusiasm. Equally, I want a team that works very, very hard because if you don’t have that, you’ve got nothing.

I want my team to fight for every ball, for every yard on the pitch. I want them to be desperate to succeed and wanting to do well for the football club. If we get that, their ability will come into its own. But first and foremost, we have to work hard, we have to be energetic, we have to be determined and we have to want to win, every challenge, every game, every week."

Love it!

Also, the caps to Super Bob & Sneekes is a great touch before kick-off.
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/stars-in-stripes-forever/

It feels like something very, very special is starting.

Love that. Whatever happens this season I will always love Darren Moore.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
Not sure, it dropped at 17:16.
PM me your email & I'll forward it on if you want.

No it's fine mate. Thanks for the offer though.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 07:10:50 PM »
There you go, full email, a worthwhile read, you can almost hear Darrens voice saying it;

I just wanted to take a few minutes to write to you ahead of the start of the season and, primarily, thank you for the huge vote of confidence that you have given me and the Albion by getting behind the team ahead of the new season.

Last season ended in disappointment when we lost our Premier League status but over the last few weeks of that campaign, what was encouraging was the way everybody in the dressing room, in the staff, at the football club, and especially the supporters all pulled together and tried to make something incredible happen. That gives us something to build on this season.

If anything, we will need that togetherness, that self-belief, even more in the Championship than we did in those last few weeks of last season. It’s more vital than ever before because the mentality with which we approach the season is going to be key.

I’m calling on all our fans to get to The Hawthorns in numbers, to travel around the country and back us in numbers, because if we want to have a successful season we will only do it if we are all pushing in the same direction, every minute of every day.

We’ve brought some new faces into the football club this summer, players who I think will excite you over the next nine months. One of the things that attracted them to The Hawthorns was what they’d heard about the support we get and the atmosphere you help to create, home and away. I need you to make those new boys feel welcome, to get right behind them and to help them give their best so that in the years ahead, they can become the next wave of Albion heroes.

I want a team that will excite you, I want a team that is full of energy and enthusiasm. Equally, I want a team that works very, very hard because if you don’t have that, you’ve got nothing.

I want my team to fight for every ball, for every yard on the pitch. I want them to be desperate to succeed and wanting to do well for the football club. If we get that, their ability will come into its own. But first and foremost, we have to work hard, we have to be energetic, we have to be determined and we have to want to win, every challenge, every game, every week.

That includes supporters too, because you’ve got a massive part to play. The impact you can have on the players is huge. You must not underestimate how much you can help the team. As I said time and again last season, it’s about all of us, about togetherness, not about individuals. Let’s be a united force throughout the season and let’s all do our very best to get the season off to the right start.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 07:17:14 PM »
That's a really nice touch from Darren. Top man.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 07:19:37 PM »
Whoop de doop.

Any chance of them signing some forward thinking, attacking players to provide their intent I wonder?

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »
He really is pushing all the right buttons for me. This is more engagement in one simple email than the club has managed since John Giles was here first time round and I went on a sponsored walk in Dartmouth Park to raise money to keep Albion alive.

Brilliant, just brilliant.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:46:57 PM by Chipperfan »

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 07:22:57 PM »
Whoop de doop.

Any chance of them signing some forward thinking, attacking players to provide their intent I wonder?

Jesus you people. Words fail me. Well, to be truthful they don’t but I’d be banned if I told you what I thought of that response.

Pathetic.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 07:50:50 PM »
Put that onto our dressing room wall and make every player read it before they come out to play.
Dave is our Rudyard.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »
Jesus you people. Words fail me. Well, to be truthful they don’t but I’d be banned if I told you what I thought of that response.

Pathetic.

Fair enough - no skin off my nose.

Big Dave is a legend but talk is cheap. Let's hope we'll do enough/have enough to be at the top of the division. I'm not so sure... Time will tell.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »

Big Dave is a legend but talk is cheap. Let's hope we'll do enough/have enough to be at the top of the division. I'm not so sure... Time will tell.

Indeed, time will tell, but at least we have a bloke at the helm who says the right things, and overtly feels the right things, rather than guys who have no affiliation or connection and deal only in being scared senseless of losing. The fear of failure.

Darren is one of us, he’s a Baggie and he gets what the club and the community around it are largely about. Of course, there are the exceptions, but maybe they could find it in themselves to go along for the ride rather than being so negative before a ball has even been kicked.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
Couldn't agree more about Darren Moore - a legend and a jolly nice person too.

However I'm more than a little concerned about our squad going into the new season.  It's got to the stage where I'm more concerned about outgoings than incomings and I'm finding it testing to get enthusiastic about signing yet another defender.

Still, like last Saturday, I shall take my seat and once again hope for the best. It's just great to have football back! (Although the cricket is fabulous at the minute).

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 08:59:58 PM »
Couldn't agree more about Darren Moore - a legend and a jolly nice person too.

However I'm more than a little concerned about our squad going into the new season.  It's got to the stage where I'm more concerned about outgoings than incomings and I'm finding it testing to get enthusiastic about signing yet another defender.

Still, like last Saturday, I shall take my seat and once again hope for the best. It's just great to have football back! (Although the cricket is fabulous at the minute).

Good to hear. See you tomorrow.

Stars_in_Stripes

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »
I agree we are at a new dawn and brand  WBA is set to boom with Darren Moore. We have on paper and yes please spare the clichés, a better squad than we did when entering the premiership last season (as it stands)! with Darren Moore and the new team behind him I feel with a good start and a favourable wind behind us.............. :D

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 09:29:37 PM »
Got one. Will get my ass up the M5 more this year than recently! Met him at Kidders supporters club he was with Derby. Rated him.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »
Lovely touch from Darren Moore. Everyone is behind him, everyone feels we have our club back, everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction, and the place will be buzzing like it hasn't buzzed for ages on Saturday.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 09:10:46 AM »

Not sure I'd have put it quite the way you did, but like you, I've got huge reservations about this season.

Personally, I did receive the email, but I thought it was rather over the top.

IMO our publicity department has put huge pressures on Darren Moore & the team, with the build up to the season opening games. Particularly when there are unresolved issues with a number of key players.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

hollisk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »
Over the top? I think you’re over thinking it.

What’s the difference between that email and Darren’s piece he will do every week in the match day program? Same messages, it’s just a nice personal touch that breaks the for norm.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »
In my opinion, whilst the content of the email is of importance to fans, to me what is of even more significance is the jesture of sending it.

I consider it to be integral to the #wenotme culture and philosophy Darren and the club are building and developing.

It is the club reconnecting with fans in building a mutually beneficial relationship to provide the club, at every level, with the positive momentum that will be vital in the weeks and months that lie ahead.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.