Author Topic: Tosin Adarabioyo (on loan from Manchester City)  (Read 38717 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Tosin Adarabioyo Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2018, 08:14:14 PM »
Very good game today I thought. Dealt with everything

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »
Excellent tonight. In the starting 11.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2018, 08:31:55 PM »
Personally I thought first half he got caught ball watching and out of position.
Much better second half
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »
Agreed but I just don't rate Bartley at all.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2018, 08:34:38 PM »
Superb performance. Used properly, this kid will be a good player for us.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2018, 08:50:20 PM »
Great performance from the lad today, hopefully will carry it.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »
He's been our best defender for the past 3 games now, ever since Bartley got suspended.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2018, 09:41:15 PM »
Personally I thought first half he got caught ball watching and out of position.
Much better second half

Me too. I thought he was arguably our weakest player today. That said he still gave a good, solid 7/10 performance. It was just such a strong team performance.

Given that he's not a natural right back he did well but clearly we still need to desperately get a right back in as soon as we can.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2018, 09:43:47 PM »

Me too. I thought he was arguably our weakest player today. That said he still gave a good, solid 7/10 performance. It was just such a strong team performance.

Given that he's not a natural right back he did well but clearly we still need to desperately get a right back in as soon as we can.

Must have been watching a different game. He was the best of our back 3 by miles

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2018, 10:36:01 PM »
Must have been watching a different game. He was the best of our back 3 by miles

We didn't even play a back 3.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2018, 10:41:14 PM »
Very good game today Tosin , and a good ball to get Barnes in. Getting better game by game
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2018, 01:08:42 AM »
He's improving all the time. He's clearly been taught the passing side to his game at City. It's now just getting him a more complete defender.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »
I’d still swap Tosin and Dawson around.  Have Dawson at RB where he has played a lot of football over the last 3 years (and played it pretty well in my view) and have Tosin in his natural CB position.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »
Thought he was our weakest defender first half he was playing to narrow and kept getting caught out when leeds sent the ball out wide. Thought he should have scored as well.Excellent second half though winning the ball for Barnes's goal. .

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2018, 12:03:03 PM »
Thought he was our weakest defender first half he was playing to narrow and kept getting caught out when leeds sent the ball out wide. Thought he should have scored as well.Excellent second half though winning the ball for Barnes's goal. .

Seemed to me that we kept converting from 3 at the back to 4 at times yesterday. Agree that our right back area was clearly targeted by Leeds and on a few occasions we got caught 2 on 1 with lots of empty space where Tosin/Phillips should have been. Saying that though I felt Tosin was solid and won pretty much everything.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2018, 12:11:45 PM »
Seemed to me that we kept converting from 3 at the back to 4 at times yesterday. Agree that our right back area was clearly targeted by Leeds and on a few occasions we got caught 2 on 1 with lots of empty space where Tosin/Phillips should have been. Saying that though I felt Tosin was solid and won pretty much everything.

We didn't swap between 3 and 4 at all. Tosin by nature is a defender and is not comfortable going forward so he didn't. Whether that was under orders I don't know but he offered nothing in an attacking sense, other than the tackle-cum-pass that set Barnes up for the goal, just remained defensive. That's not a criticism either in fact I think it's a positive, no point asking the boy to do something he struggles with.

Gibbs on the other hand is comfortable going forward and did so often that is why on occasions it may have looked like we had three at the back.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »
Considering he's playing out of position (he's a centre half playing right back), and he's not started any league games prior to this season, I think he did really well.

The important thing is he's getting better too.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2018, 10:29:10 PM »
Considering he's playing out of position (he's a centre half playing right back), and he's not started any league games prior to this season, I think he did really well.

The important thing is he's getting better too.

He's on form the lad i would still be worried about him playing full back would rather Dawson there and him through the middle
O Albion we love you

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2018, 08:30:35 AM »
He didn't do much wrong before he got dropped, and he looked really good when I saw him vs Mansfield in the cup (opposition accounted for of course, but he marshalled Dawson and Field that game).

Seems to have a bit of class about his play. Maybe he will grow into the role over the next few months. Not a pure right back though.
Boing Boing

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2018, 09:13:21 AM »
I'd keep him at RB until January when we can sign a proper RB. if nothing  else it made us look much better having Dawson partner Hegazi in the centre, this pairing looked much better last season than when Evans was playing.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2018, 09:16:53 AM »
Starting to look a tidy player, must admit the first few times I had saw him I refused to believe he was part of the City academy.

He's settled in now and looks comfortable on the ball. Did well on Saturday considering he was 2 v 1 at times.

Deserves to keep his place and have a good run in the team.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2018, 09:20:59 AM »
I'd keep him at RB until January when we can sign a proper RB. if nothing  else it made us look much better having Dawson partner Hegazi in the centre, this pairing looked much better last season than when Evans was playing.

Is that the same Evans struggling for game time at Leicester, #overrated
Baggie in Southampton

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »
Still can’t see why in a 4-3-3 we shouldn’t have Dawson at RB where he is reasonably comfortable and have Tosin as CB which is his natural position.  Wouldn’t have altered or excused Tosin’s mistake last night which was made in a CB position but in general I think we are just making life harder than it needs to be for him.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »
Still can’t see why in a 4-3-3 we shouldn’t have Dawson at RB where he is reasonably comfortable and have Tosin as CB which is his natural position.  Wouldn’t have altered or excused Tosin’s mistake last night which was made in a CB position but in general I think we are just making life harder than it needs to be for him.

100% agreement on that. I think he looks a great player but he's not natural on the right and it puts us under undue pressure at times.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2018, 09:42:20 AM »
If you look at the stats of when Dawson and Hegazi play together in a back four you will see why we go with that partnership.