Author Topic: VAR watch (For WBA)  (Read 26310 times)

Westie

• Youth Baggie

Re: VAR watch (For WBA)
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 05:47:59 PM »
The law isn’t the ass, the people that draw up the laws are the real idiots.

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 06:21:27 PM »
It's amazing. The law used to be "hand ball" now it is invariably "arm ball." When a player wants to gain height he needs his arms. The "Powers that be" need to get some of the retired refs and get a discussion on how the Law is to be used. As I have stated in an earlier post it used to be "hand to ball" and not "ball to hand"

AbbeymeadBaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:00 PM »
As if we needed proof
https://twitter.com/URef_Official/status/1311593383614246913

swings and roundabouts - plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase !!!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2020, 08:26:51 AM »
Slightly off topic but in a similar vein. If it  had been  us, rather than Chelsea going for an equaliser, would there have been so much added time? I think not.

The time added (5 minutes) was correct. We made 3 subs, Chelsea made 3 subs, Chelsea scored 3 goals each one of those things adds 30 seconds which adds up to 4.5 mins. Now Chelsea made a double sub at half time; even taking that time off the ref should have added 3.5 mins on and that's before all other stops in play. So he really only added on 90 seconds of additional time for stops during the second half.

If it had been a 0-0 draw with no subs and he had added on 2 mins would you have complained?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »
The time added (5 minutes) was correct. We made 3 subs, Chelsea made 3 subs, Chelsea scored 3 goals each one of those things adds 30 seconds which adds up to 4.5 mins. Now Chelsea made a double sub at half time; even taking that time off the ref should have added 3.5 mins on and that's before all other stops in play. So he really only added on 90 seconds of additional time for stops during the second half.

If it had been a 0-0 draw with no subs and he had added on 2 mins would you have complained?

We also had a booking for time wasting.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2020, 12:09:39 PM »
So he really only added on 90 seconds of additional time for stops during the second half.

In this case why was the ref so quick off the mark to book Furlong for wasting time taking a throw-in, when the time taken was very much in line with all the other throws for both sides during the game?

No responses required- We know why don't we?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 10:09:01 PM »
Turned it off tonight after their pen...turns out they even got to re-take it. I am officially done with football, I can't watch it anymore it's awful...the game has completely gone.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 10:10:33 PM »
Even Rio with his red shirt on says it was a stonewall penalty and disgraceful that it was overturned...

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 10:32:44 PM »
1) Our penalty should never have been overturned.
2) Blatant foul on Gallagher so their penalty should never have stood.

Man Utd get these ridiculous VAR decisions every week, they are notorious for it, so it’s not just because it’s Albion. Luckiest side in the league.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 10:33:58 PM »
I’ve seen a couple of people say Fernandes got a touch of the ball before clattering Gallagher. Am I going mad or does he not get anywhere near the ball?!?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »
I’ve seen a couple of people say Fernandes got a touch of the ball before clattering Gallagher. Am I going mad or does he not get anywhere near the ball?!?

He shins him. He doesnt touch the ball before shinning CG

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 10:40:18 PM »
1) Our penalty should never have been overturned.
2) Blatant foul on Gallagher so their penalty should never have stood.

Man Utd get these ridiculous VAR decisions every week, they are notorious for it, so it’s not just because it’s Albion. Luckiest side in the league.

Don't believe they are lucky 82. I believe they cheat. Or that like with a number of the 'big' clubs referees  and assistant refs, are 'encouraged' to make sure these clubs get 'fair' treatment.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 10:59:24 PM »
Peter Walton, ex ref. said VAR for penalty calls is only when there is doubt in the refs. mind. In this case he pointed straight to the spot, not after 30 seconds. It was the Man U players getting in his ear that put doubt in his mind, but even then the replays showed it was a clear foul.
Billic said he gave all the decisions Man U's way second half. Such as when he pulled play back for a foul when we were in a good position, but played advantage when Man U were in a good position. 
Is it just a coincidence that Man U do so well from refereeing decsions?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 11:03:33 PM »
He shins him. He doesnt touch the ball before shinning CG

Agreed, best case for Utd simultaneous contact with the ball whilst kicking CG shin. Penalty all day long and to have that overruled after being given is the real scandal.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2020, 11:05:59 PM »
Don't believe they are lucky 82. I believe they cheat. Or that like with a number of the 'big' clubs referees  and assistant refs, are 'encouraged' to make sure these clubs get 'fair' treatment.

It might be more nefarious than luck. I don’t know. However it’s not the case that all ‘big clubs’ are getting this sort of treatment. Liverpool for example we’re done over at Everton last month. Utd have being given way more penalties than any other side in the league, and way more dodgy VAR calls - similar to tonight VAR won them the match at Brighton earlier this season.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2020, 11:18:30 PM »
Watch the spin on the ball, it doesn't change at all. 

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »
Even the BBC's comments forum is flooded with fans saying we were robbed by the officials. And remember, these will in the main not be Albion fans.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54941199
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2020, 09:31:52 AM »
Last night just highlights my main two bugbears with VAR.

It can't rescue bad officiating whether that is on the pitch or in the VAR room. Yes it cuts out some of the most blatant  refereeing decisions but VAR now gives bad officials two opportunities to screw up rather than just the one. The Gallagher penalty is obvious whether Fernandes gets the faintest touch or not the follow through takes Gallagher out and the ball is still at Gallagher's feet. The VAR official should never have asked the ref to review it and the ref on reviewing it should not have overturned his decision.

Second major bugbear is that while the rules are clear without VAR they can't be enforced in such a precise manner. The retaken penalty is just such a situation. Generally in real time unless the Goal Keeper almost walks toward the ball during the takers run up it is almost impossible to judge whether the keeper has gone too soon or not, throw in the staggered run up and it makes it doubly difficult.

In this instance Johnstone does take a forward step just before contact I only know this for sure because I watched the incident in slow motion twice.

If anything it is the second issue that  grates more than bad refereeing because it  is an issue created by VAR. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2020, 09:07:11 PM »
Anybody seen the Liverpool handball that wasn't given  :o ?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2020, 09:09:09 PM »
Anybody seen the Liverpool handball that wasn't given  :o ?

Yep, reminded me of volleyball when they twonk it away. Disgusting.

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »
So what's the score now? Was that -2 today or more?
Damn near statistically impossible for EVERYTHING to go against us.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
Cut and paste from above,date changes the farce remains the same

Even the BBC's comments forum is flooded with fans saying we were robbed by the officials. And remember, these will in the main not be Albion fans.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2020, 02:56:55 PM »
Cut and paste from above,date changes the farce remains the same

Bilic said Pereira gave official an option to produce red card in post match interview  :o that fine he got early in season has apparently put manners on him. And for that reason I want him gone.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2020, 03:53:53 PM »
Would love for an explanation as to how Jiminez wasn’t sent off against Leeds but Pereira was today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/jeapdy/leeds_vs_wolves_jimenez_kicks_out_at_koch/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_title

Both were checked by VAR

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »
Just to be pedantic, VAR was used to check.........

Computers are very clever things, people can do amazing things with them; they do not, though turn an idiot into an Einstein. Similarly, put a cretin in front of a VAR screen and you shouldn’t expect the correct outcome. Put a team of cretins in charge of a worldwide business (football) and the result will be something far worse than what you started out with. Football now.