Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1196957 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #3125 on: May 27, 2020, 06:21:52 PM »
Professor Karol Sikora has been involved with and supported the use of dogs to trace many diseases, cancer being one of them.

At the beginning of the pandemic he tweeted that trials were taking place utilising dogs to identity people who may have Covid-19. The link below provides an update.

Source: https://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk/covid-19-detection-dogs/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3126 on: May 27, 2020, 07:53:40 PM »
Perhaps keeping the dogs at the airports to check people, will alleviate the need to quarantine the holiday makers coming from abroad.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3127 on: May 27, 2020, 10:00:07 PM »
Perhaps keeping the dogs at the airports to check people, will alleviate the need to quarantine the holiday makers coming from abroad.
It’s been bad enough getting through an airport post 9/11 without adding dogs sniffing our breath to the experience.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3128 on: May 27, 2020, 10:26:32 PM »
The NHS test and trace programme goes live at 9am tomorrow. If you get a call from a contact tracer because you’ve been in contact with an infected person, you must isolate for 14 days, even if you don’t have symptoms. The government has said these instructions must be followed. Though they will be voluntary at first, they will be made mandatory if necessary. “It’s your civic duty to follow test and trace instructions,” Matt Hancock said.

Now I have a question what if the infected person says a person as been in contact with them when in fact they haven't, what way would they prove that? 

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3129 on: May 27, 2020, 10:39:35 PM »
Was thinking this earlier. Going to be carnage if it becomes he says she says with people settling scores !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3130 on: May 27, 2020, 10:41:47 PM »
I seriously believe that the Durham related events dominating the news will influence the effectiveness of this strategy.

Lots of people I know will not download an app / intend to turn off blue tooth and interpret rules themselves. Co-operation should not be assumed.

I think we are going to have a second wave and the goodwill /belief has gone

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3131 on: May 27, 2020, 10:51:26 PM »
I thought the app was off the agenda at the moment !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3132 on: May 27, 2020, 11:06:16 PM »
I seriously believe that the Durham related events dominating the news will influence the effectiveness of this strategy.

Lots of people I know will not download an app / intend to turn off blue tooth and interpret rules themselves. Co-operation should not be assumed.

I think we are going to have a second wave and the goodwill /belief has gone
Then the “lots of people you know”are Idiots
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3133 on: May 27, 2020, 11:16:12 PM »

Then the “lots of people you know”are Idiots

Yes some of them are but i suspect the proportion of people I know that fall into that category is replicated across the population.

As you may know - I am a nurse but I know lots of people who are not in healthcare. After the long slog of lockdown and the bad example of isolating from our “leaders” people will not behave as responsibly  as they did in March. To think otherwise is a little naive

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3134 on: May 28, 2020, 12:12:48 AM »
Lads, please refrain from mentioning the Durham incident, it has been made clear we will not be allowing any discussion of it whether intentional or not.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3135 on: May 28, 2020, 08:38:17 AM »
The NHS test and trace programme goes live at 9am tomorrow. If you get a call from a contact tracer because you’ve been in contact with an infected person, you must isolate for 14 days, even if you don’t have symptoms. The government has said these instructions must be followed. Though they will be voluntary at first, they will be made mandatory if necessary. “It’s your civic duty to follow test and trace instructions,” Matt Hancock said.

Now I have a question what if the infected person says a person as been in contact with them when in fact they haven't, what way would they prove that?

You can use the location facility on your phone to show where you've been.

The manual system is fine in theory, but what if you're talking to a stranger in a supermarket, how do you trace them?
It's only the person who has been at risk that needs to self isolate, not the family they live with. How does that work?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3136 on: May 28, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »

The manual system is fine in theory, but what if you're talking to a stranger in a supermarket, how do you trace them?
It's only the person who has been at risk that needs to self isolate, not the family they live with. How does that work?

Would you really talk to a stranger in the supermarket for over fifteen minutes? The system does not need to be perfect to be effective. Isolating the famliy when a trace has been made is enough to cut the infection rate by 50% according to the BBC.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3137 on: May 28, 2020, 09:43:42 AM »

I believe the details given by the Government says that 'the household will isolate for 14 days'
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3138 on: May 28, 2020, 09:59:10 AM »
Would you really talk to a stranger in the supermarket for over fifteen minutes? The system does not need to be perfect to be effective. Isolating the famliy when a trace has been made is enough to cut the infection rate by 50% according to the BBC.

As you know from here, I can be quite verbose, my other half even more than me, so yes.

I made the cardinal sin of not checking before I posted, but my understanding was, the individual needed to isolate for 14 days, but not the family they lived with. If it is the family, then that makes sense.

I have just checked & this is a quote from the bbc website

The tracers can track down the contacts of 10,000 people every day, the government says.

This could include household members, but extends to anyone they have been within 2m (6ft) of for more than 15 minutes.

These close contacts will be told to stay at home for up to 14 days, even if they do not have symptoms, to stop them from unknowingly spreading the virus.

While these contacts will have to quarantine, unless they also develop symptoms the rest of their household will not have to self-isolate alongside them.

read more here
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:15:27 AM by baggiejohn »

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3139 on: May 28, 2020, 10:11:48 AM »
I believe the details given by the Government says that 'the household will isolate for 14 days'

Wonder what they've got in place for when someone is told to isolate but work are being difficult about it or they can't work from home. 

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3140 on: May 28, 2020, 10:13:50 AM »
Wonder what they've got in place for when someone is told to isolate but work are being difficult about it or they can't work from home.

According to Matt Hancock they must go sick and the company pay you.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3141 on: May 28, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »

You might be in a queue for longer than fifteen minutes.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3142 on: May 28, 2020, 10:40:15 AM »
According to Matt Hancock they must go sick and the company pay you.

Statutory sick pay I guess then?  Good luck with getting people to do that now.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3143 on: May 28, 2020, 10:48:35 AM »
I have been watching the US news quite a lot recently as Sky have been doing my head in!

So they now have over 100,000 deaths and account for nearly one third of deaths worldwide. However Donald is still trying to claim credit for the figure not being higher, and seems more concerned about discrediting Joe Biden and accusing voting by mail as rife with fraud.

To add to his problems, Minneapolis is in riot mode over the death of  black male George Floyd by the police [the video released on the news is brutal], and he is threatening to close down Twitter if they censor his tweets.

Anyone with 5 minutes to spare should check out Don Lemon on CNN - he is not a fan of DT!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:07:29 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3144 on: May 28, 2020, 11:04:00 AM »
Test and Trace has gone down due to technical problems already.  :o

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3145 on: May 28, 2020, 11:18:46 AM »
Statutory sick pay I guess then?  Good luck with getting people to do that now.

No Statutory sick pay for self employed.   Any help for them?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3146 on: May 28, 2020, 11:20:02 AM »
Hancock in full officious traffic warden mode at the moment, I can't see this going well.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3147 on: May 28, 2020, 11:30:17 AM »
After the weekends going on I've kept myself away from the media this week so I'm basically getting my news on here. What's happened to the track and trace app? I thought it wasn't due live till June the 1at

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3148 on: May 28, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »
After the weekends going on I've kept myself away from the media this week so I'm basically getting my news on here. What's happened to the track and trace app? I thought it wasn't due live till June the 1at

You mean the world beating track & trace app? It's stopped working.

It's betamax & squarial all over again

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3149 on: May 28, 2020, 11:43:54 AM »
So they've launched the app early and it's broke? 😂 I assume they ironed out all the bugs on the Isle of Wight so is it just a capacity thing?