Author Topic: Jovan Malcolm  (Read 3869 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Jovan Malcolm
« on: December 19, 2019, 04:36:59 PM »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Jovan Malcolm
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 05:15:01 PM »
That’s another one off then.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 06:21:08 PM »
And only £250k compensation if he goes abroad

The rules stink. We cannot tie players down prior to 17 as it’s illegal to sign a professional contract until then.  European clubs just need to poach 16 year olds and encourage them not to sign a pro contract as soon as they hit 17.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 09:35:01 AM »
I'm of the impression that 'footballinsider247' is one of a multitude of click bait sites. It may turn out that Jovan's off but I don't think there's anything particularly 'inside' about their info'. As soon as he scored against Liverpool the other week Jovan was linked with a move to Merseyside and other top flight sides, as was Rico Richards. It's not exactly news that young players are scouted by a wide variety of teams. I wonder how long it'll be before Rico's further linked with a move abroad too. 'Inside' information, a tip and a wink from agents hoping to raise young player profiles or speculative guess work and percentage playing based on us having recently lost out to Barcelona and Manchester City?

It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »
I'm of the impression that 'footballinsider247' is one of a multitude of click bait sites. It may turn out that Jovan's off but I don't think there's anything particularly 'inside' about their info'. As soon as he scored against Liverpool the other week Jovan was linked with a move to Merseyside and other top flight sides, as was Rico Richards. It's not exactly news that young players are scouted by a wide variety of teams. I wonder how long it'll be before Rico's further linked with a move abroad too. 'Inside' information, a tip and a wink from agents hoping to raise young player profiles or speculative guess work and percentage playing based on us having recently lost out to Barcelona and Manchester City?

Hope you're right, I would think anymore kids going cheaply would jeopardise the academies future, which is crazy for the bog picture of football yet alone the Albion.
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 10:26:54 AM »
Hope you're right, I would think anymore kids going cheaply would jeopardise the academies future, which is crazy for the bog picture of football yet alone the Albion.

Game's been going down the pan for years chap  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 11:15:29 AM »
Game's been going down the pan for years chap  ;) .

Flushed with the success of my earlier post !
Albion Family !!!

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 01:59:23 PM »
There's little point running an academy whilst the big fish can come poaching for as little as 250k each time. It's certainly a risk worth taking on their part. Why spend years nurturing these young lads, only to have them lifted from us by the offer of silly money at a tender age. There's certainly a theme forming at the club over the last 2 or 3 years where this is repeatedly happening. There must come a point where our powers that be have had enough, and close the academy. Unless the FA build in a sell on clause of 50% for all under 18's that are poached I can't see the point of a club our size investing all this time in the youngsters.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 02:33:13 PM »
There's little point running an academy whilst the big fish can come poaching for as little as 250k each time. It's certainly a risk worth taking on their part. Why spend years nurturing these young lads, only to have them lifted from us by the offer of silly money at a tender age. There's certainly a theme forming at the club over the last 2 or 3 years where this is repeatedly happening. There must come a point where our powers that be have had enough, and close the academy. Unless the FA build in a sell on clause of 50% for all under 18's that are poached I can't see the point of a club our size investing all this time in the youngsters.
Perhaps it may take a club like ours threatening to close our academy to bring the powers to their senses.
Albion Family !!!

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 02:54:40 PM »
Perhaps it may take a club like ours threatening to close our academy to bring the powers to their senses.

I honestly can't see the powers that be giving too much of a toss if we did

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
I honestly can't see the powers that be giving too much of a toss if we did

Not so sure, if the "biggest" clubs see us a source of prospective talent, they will be reluctant to see this disappear, and its clear that the big clubs run football, while no-one does anything they will continue to milk all the lesser clubs ad infinitum
Albion Family !!!

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 04:11:30 PM »
Not so sure, if the "biggest" clubs see us a source of prospective talent, they will be reluctant to see this disappear, and its clear that the big clubs run football, while no-one does anything they will continue to milk all the lesser clubs ad infinitum

Maybe so, but they can still get these prospects if they were at other clubs.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 11:15:07 PM »
Counter balance to the Malcolm's and the Louie Barry's of this world are today's game

Ferguson, O'Shea, Edwards and Sawyers. 4 academy lads playing first team football. Brilliant.

As a slight downer, I think three of the four are out of contract this year.

We really need to sort out contract dealings over our young players as we seem to under agree contract length or make low offers so we are caught out when they do well.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 12:01:01 AM »
Counter balance to the Malcolm's and the Louie Barry's of this world are today's game

Ferguson, O'Shea, Edwards and Sawyers. 4 academy lads playing first team football. Brilliant.

As a slight downer, I think three of the four are out of contract this year.

We really need to sort out contract dealings over our young players as we seem to under agree contract length or make low offers so we are caught out when they do well.

I understand that we have one-year extension options on both Edwards and O’Shea