Author Topic: Action For Albion/ Potential Takeover  (Read 154054 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Action For Albion/ Potential Takeover
« on: October 27, 2022, 12:24:04 PM »
For anyone that might be interested, a new Twitter Account has been set up called:

"Action For Albion" @actionforalbion

Their objectives are to scrutinise the actions of the absent owners, they have recruited and have support from local Councillors.

A pressure group that can, hopefully, organise various protests (peaceful), raise awareness and hold the ownership to account at some level
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 12:38:18 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Action For Albion/ Potential Takeover
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 12:32:53 PM »
Already a member but good call to post it on here.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 02:03:48 PM »
Action for Albion

Who are we?
Albion for Action are a fan group that was set up due to grave concerns about how our beloved
football club is being run.

What do we want to achieve?
Communication with the fanbase has been virtually non-existent and there are  growing concerns unding any and all activities  associated with the club to prevent our hard earned money from being used for any other purpose
than the progression of WBAFC,  which has been in freefall over the past two years. 

Why are we taking this step?
Whilst we understand fans want to take different action, Action for Albion firmly believe that the
greatest form of action against a business is to prevent them achieving their financial targets. In this
current era, money talks and we will now take action by preventing further money leaving the
pockets of
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:09:04 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 04:02:58 PM »
Whilst I believe the aims of the group to be in the main noble and something that 99% of supporters will back . However there is one aim I wouldn’t be completely happy with , that of boycotting sponsors. Sponsors are by and large outside of the top division supporters at heart with larger pockets than the vast majority of us . Generally speaking they help to keep costs down for both the club and its fan base . Also if the product/ service they provide is the cheapest and of sufficient quality then why should any fan be asked to shop around for an alternative. Outside of perhaps the major sponsors I don’t see this having much effect on the aims of either improving communication or removing our absentee owner !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 04:21:00 PM »
IF THEY TAKE OUR MONEY OUT OF THE CLUB THEN SO DO WE!

• Unsubscribe from ALL marketing emails

• Unfollow ALL WBA social media accounts

• Don't buy anything from the clubshop

• Don't buy food/drinks at the Hawthorns

• Abandon the fanzone

• Avoid spending money in the ground

• Delete WBA app from your phone

• Unfollow YouTube account

• Don't buy from club sponsors

Support the Team Not the Board!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 05:11:34 PM »
If fans avoid spending money in the ground or club shop, would probably mean staff job losses.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 05:20:48 PM »
If fans avoid spending money in the ground or club shop, would probably mean staff job losses.

Your observation is valid and would cause a moral dilemma
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 04:59:41 PM »
Action for Albion Statement

Since Monday, when we founded this group, it was with the intention of finding a way of peacefully protesting at the plight of the club we all love. We began with huge traction, and each one of you that joined we thank. It became very clear very quickly that it was impossible to get everyone's voice heard, so we started the committee.

Everyone using their own free time to try to do something for the greater good. We had a 90-minute zoom call, and we were pleased with the progress. We had a name, a vision and the START of a process of action.

Then yesterday happened. Unfortunately, most of the committee members running the socials, took personal abuse. If that continued to that level, it meant we could not carry on!

Look, we knew that the first course of action wouldn't go down well with everyone. But this is the overriding issue. Rome wasn't built in a day. There were many reasons why we decided on smaller action to begin with.

• That it was the Head Coach's first game, it didn't sit right with us to protest then. We're Albion fans first and foremost.

• We need to build up to a march. Not the first course of action. A march of 200 is nowhere near as impactful as 2000. We need to engage the silent minority.

• From the start, in fact the opening message was that this group was to be planned and structured. We believe we started this process. We never stopped listening.

• This is the FIRST of many steps, in a long campaign. It wasn't ever designed to be the only thing we are doing. We were looking to roll out a plan over the coming weeks, bearing in mind there is a four week break coming.

All we have had since is abuse, saying we're this and that, and receiving constant ridicule. At the end of the day, we had given our time up to try to do something, and I'm genuinely sad that people can't see that. We guess it's the way the world is now, and we are sadly known for being an apathetic fanbase. Maybe that's why we get pushed around by owners?

We want to carry on, with everyone accepting we can't and won't all agree. But are we not agreed that we need to do something and currently nothing joined up is going on?

So, an open question, do you want us to carry on and try and build a planned, thought-out strategic campaign, or not?

It really is that simple.

Please let us know your feedback.

Action For Albion
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 11:04:51 PM »
I certainly won’t give any abuse, but it’s not for me…
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 11:43:43 PM »
Why would I want to hurt my club in the pocket when it is already struggling.

I'm all for a pressure or protest group but boycotting merchandise, sponsors etc is the wrong way to go about it.
"This crack is really moreish."

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 07:35:01 AM »
IF THEY TAKE OUR MONEY OUT OF THE CLUB THEN SO DO WE!

• Unsubscribe from ALL marketing emails

• Unfollow ALL WBA social media accounts

• Don't buy anything from the clubshop

• Don't buy food/drinks at the Hawthorns

• Abandon the fanzone

• Avoid spending money in the ground

• Delete WBA app from your phone

• Unfollow YouTube account

• Don't buy from club sponsors

Support the Team Not the Board!

Whilst I am a very infrequent visitor to the Hawthorns these days I don't agree with any of this. No thanks.
Allllllll aboard

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2022, 09:32:08 AM »
One of the things Adrian Goldberg had to say on his usually excellent 'The Liquidator' podcast is the difficulty in arriving at a viable method of protest of one size that fits all and this thread is the perfect example of the issue. Most, if not all, of we Baggies are worried, disturbed, disappointed (insert your own preferred adjective here) with what is going on at the club with regard to the ownership structure but struggle to find a cogent way forward
I have often in the past described myself as having a glass half full sort of outlook on all things Albion but have to admit the appointment of CC topped it up considerably only to have this news of the loan drain most of it away almost immediately  :(
Onwards and upwards and COYB later today
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2022, 06:29:35 PM »
Whilst I am a very infrequent visitor to the Hawthorns these days I don't agree with any of this. No thanks.

And what you do as an alternative?
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2023, 12:33:56 PM »
He spoke well on Talksport today. Just under 15 mins worth of airtime for us i think:

Highlighted Lai owes us 12/13m with 20m MSD loan to come and these are just the things we know of (Personally I imagine there will be more loaned by Lai from last season but that isn't discussed other than as a possibility)

Spoke of continued unrelenting support for CC and players, it's not their fault. They will receive 100% support going forward.

Asks for peaceful protest after game outside Halfords.

Asks Ron and board to stop treating fans with contempt and communicate more. Doesnt blame them for Lai's uselessness but mentions Ron's lack of consistency, when its good news, Fanzone, kids for a quid, season ticket offers etc he is there and available and releases statements, he needs to be equally communicative when it's not good news as well.

Says EFL is no help but personally i would expect that.

Says it's not just us, why have so many professional clubs been let down by poor governance? Asks for a change in the system, FA/PL/EFL etc.

Says Lai's cloak and dagger behaviour is more concerning that the MSD loan. Says Lai broke his word on running club as self-sustaining.

Asks with 20 years of PL money or PL parachute payments where has the money gone?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2023, 01:00:45 PM »
i am in a minority of 1 here, but I think there is an upside to the MSD loan.
MSD will have written into the terms of the contract a number of stipulations which will result in oversight of how the club is run, this is a positive it will limit Lais ability to use the club as his piggy bank

Unless someone knows better of course
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 01:14:41 PM »
He spoke well on Talksport today. Just under 15 mins worth of airtime for us i think:

Highlighted Lai owes us 12/13m with 20m MSD loan to come and these are just the things we know of (Personally I imagine there will be more loaned by Lai from last season but that isn't discussed other than as a possibility)

Spoke of continued unrelenting support for CC and players, it's not their fault. They will receive 100% support going forward.

Asks for peaceful protest after game outside Halfords.

Asks Ron and board to stop treating fans with contempt and communicate more. Doesnt blame them for Lai's uselessness but mentions Ron's lack of consistency, when its good news, Fanzone, kids for a quid, season ticket offers etc he is there and available and releases statements, he needs to be equally communicative when it's not good news as well.

Says EFL is no help but personally i would expect that.

Says it's not just us, why have so many professional clubs been let down by poor governance? Asks for a change in the system, FA/PL/EFL etc.

Says Lai's cloak and dagger behaviour is more concerning that the MSD loan. Says Lai broke his word on running club as self-sustaining.

Asks with 20 years of PL money or PL parachute payments where has the money gone?

What did Simon Jordan say? He’s not everyone’s cup of tea (he isn’t mine either) but he does know football and he does speak sense at times.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 01:35:05 PM »
On the interview today on Talk Sh*t the guy was eloquent and respectful
He put his points over clearly and concisely, in addition it was clear that whilst a passionate supporter he called for a peaceful, legal and responsible protest and urged fans to understand that any bad behaviour would reflect on the demonstrations and diminish their impact

Please be responsible

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 02:05:08 PM »
What did Simon Jordan say? He’s not everyone’s cup of tea (he isn’t mine either) but he does know football and he does speak sense at times.

It was mainly the A4A talking to be fair . It was a very calm and reasoned peace. Talksport guys basically said everyone has a lot of sympathy and goodwill towards the protest as don't agree with Lai but keep it that way

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2023, 02:50:31 PM »
i am in a minority of 1 here, but I think there is an upside to the MSD loan.
MSD will have written into the terms of the contract a number of stipulations which will result in oversight of how the club is run, this is a positive it will limit Lais ability to use the club as his piggy bank

Unless someone knows better of course

A4A chap also said he doesn't think the loan is such a bad thing in itself, more Lai's conniving/shifty nature.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2023, 03:33:01 PM »

Me neither.  Damaging the club’s everyday sources of revenue hits completely the wrong targets.  Less operating income inevitably means job losses for blameless hardworking staff, less available for player wages, or both.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2023, 05:09:04 PM »
Protest being live streamed anywhere?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2023, 05:13:11 PM »

No idea? What sites would do that? Social media etc im guessing?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2023, 05:13:41 PM »

Not sure if live but video footage is on WBA twitter

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2023, 05:14:48 PM »
"Wheres the money gone" and "F Gouchan Lai" sang in the footage i've seen.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2023, 05:29:22 PM »
Looks chocabloc there
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill