Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 163179 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes Joins Albion on Loan
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »
Should try and get him on a permanent in January as his valuation will only sky rocket.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2018, 01:27:27 PM »
Should try and get him on a permanent in January as his valuation will only sky rocket.

Don't believe either Leicester or Barnes would be remotely interested in a permanent move.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2018, 01:10:16 AM »
Only chance of a permanent deal would Be in the summer & only if we get promoted.

Few weeks ago people was up in arms regarding this signing saying why not give out kids a chance & now want to spend 15m on him. Pisser

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2018, 08:17:26 AM »
The central problem with loanees if they do well fans want to sign them permanently but the fact they are doing well makes it less likely that we will be able to sign them. The whole Lukkau thing where our fans are like lovelorn teenagers still five years on. Look between the ambition of the player, his wages and the financial demands of his parent club it was never going to happen no matter how close we were to signing him on loan for a second season.

Ultimately unless we get promoted we have zero chance of signing Barnes. Even if we get promoted the price tag will be huge and he has a long term emotional commitment to Leicester. The only way it happens is if he has little or no chance of first team football at Leicester (Maddison and Grey being the most obvious blockers ) then he has a choice to make. From his perspective another loan spell in the Championship gives him very little and with an ex-professional as a father he will know that opportunities in football can be fleeting so maybe just maybe but it is far from certain.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2018, 10:15:58 AM »
Agreed there's next to no chance of him being with us this time next year whichever division we are in. Hopefully we are already scouting a few players who could be in the frame to replace him as best we can.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
Unless he puts in a transfer request.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2018, 12:03:48 PM »
Unless he puts in a transfer request.
If you've read or seen any of his recent interview where he talks of being Leicester through and through, that is very very unlikely the way things stand - strange things happen but it's highly unlikely that would happen in the next 1 - 2 years.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2018, 12:07:17 PM »
Agreed there's next to no chance of him being with us this time next year whichever division we are in. Hopefully we are already scouting a few players who could be in the frame to replace him as best we can.

I thought there was no way George Thorne would leave us for derby considering we then were Prem. If we get up and there are players ahead of him I woulnt be shocked if he came on loan again to us, to see how he gets on at that level

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2018, 12:15:55 PM »

I thought there was no way George Thorne would leave us for derby considering we then were Prem. If we get up and there are players ahead of him I woulnt be shocked if he came on loan again to us, to see how he gets on at that level
The additional loan could be a possibility yes. As for Thorne, I know what you mean but he wasn't a local lad and came to our academy aged 12 or 13 when the Cambridge Youth system closed (think Ashworth who came from Cambridge had a lot to do with that). Yes you could class Thorne as a product of our academy as he obviously spent several years as part of it but he didn't have that born and bred/ lifelong fan connection.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2018, 12:16:00 PM »

To be fair if Demari Gray carries on his early season form then the big boys will start sniffing around, very good player that has the potential to play at the very top so there could be a space at Leicester for Barnes come next season.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2018, 12:18:03 PM »
Sorry to be so practical but

Those saying he has stated comitment to Leicester .....see foster
Is there a chance to sign him?.....of course , if we go up and
We offer way more than them in wages
We offer more than market value (in Leicesters eyes)
We offer market value and they know he won't have much game time

Pretty much the same as most players , there are of course levels where UEFA league/champs league kicks in ...sometimes location for family etc but on Barnes I think it'll come down to playing time and wages

We might be well advised to get promoted first before worrying too much about ifs and maybes ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2018, 12:44:43 PM »
We have to discuss something in the international break  ;)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2018, 01:14:58 PM »
Yes he's always been at Leicester etc,but know he might be seeing another clubs approach for the game,he may have been a little blinkered at being at one club? Does that always guarantee that a player would absolutely stay at Leicester? I don't think so personally perhaps he might be interested in spreading his wings seeing how others do things.
People do move around does he really want to stay in a place where he's been for years?
We shall see.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2018, 01:32:17 PM »
If he continues in his form, he'll command at least a £25m fee next summer and that's IF Leicester are willing to let him go and if none of the big boys want him.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »
If we got promoted we would pay it wouldn't we?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2018, 01:38:09 PM »
Incidentally, why wasn't he picked for the under 21's is it because were in the championship?
Or not quite good enough yet?
I would have thought he'd at least get into the squad.
Has he played for England at other levels yet?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2018, 12:02:23 AM »
Incidentally, why wasn't he picked for the under 21's is it because were in the championship?
Or not quite good enough yet?
I would have thought he'd at least get into the squad.
Has he played for England at other levels yet?

Has played at England youth levels and was called up to the under 21s this summer, albeit in a very young Under 21 tournament side that was probably more under 20 level.

I think the reason for him failing to get a call uo was the amount of talent blocking his path - Gray, Lookman and Maddison all highly rated, while Kieran Dowell had a great season last year at Forest so was already in the youth set up and Mason Mount has had a similar start to Barnes and comes with a more glamourous pedigree.

Expect Barnes to be called up into the next under 21 side if Maddison or Gray get senior call ups, or if Dowell fails to get game time at Everton.
Boing Boing

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2018, 01:29:34 AM »
 Thanks for the info baggies,it makes you think why would he want to stay with Leicester if his progress is blocked,apart from his boyhood ties,I think we might have a chance of signing him,but only if we get promote.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2018, 05:33:14 PM »
Leicester have a recall option in January so he might go back and be pushing for a place with them yet...
O Albion we love you

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2018, 05:46:52 PM »
Leicester have a recall option in January so he might go back and be pushing for a place with them yet...

I don’t think he would be a happy chappy if he was recalled to sit on the bench or play with the ‘stiffs’. Unless Leicester have a spate of injuries his chances of playing Premiership football are at best  minimal, imo.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2018, 01:31:55 PM »
I don’t think he would be a happy chappy if he was recalled to sit on the bench or play with the ‘stiffs’.
That's exactly what happened when he was recalled from Barnsley in January last season.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »
Wouldn't worry too much about the chances of him ending up here, forget that, just enjoy him while he is here.  Class act.
"This crack is really moreish."

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »
That's exactly what happened when he was recalled from Barnsley in January last season.

Not the players choice though sadly.
O Albion we love you

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2018, 07:10:01 PM »
I have a very real concern that Leicester will take him back in January. If he continues to show the form we have seen so far and they don’t enjoy a good first half of the season then we should brace ourselves. In the meantime, as has already been said, let’s enjoy him while we can.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2018, 08:36:34 AM »
seemed like he was getting a bit of a kicking just before half time, I think he'll have to get used to that