Author Topic: 5 Oct 2019 Albion 4 Cardiff City 2  (Read 35847 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 09:52:05 AM »
Austin will start. It will have been the only reason Slav did what he did on Tuesday by starting HRK and bringing on Zohore, resting Austin for this game.

Massive game for us as we look to get back on track.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
Austin for Kanu only change for me.

Need to keep Philips on the pitch, leading goalscorer!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 10:28:46 AM »
Has to be Austin for me, he looks the most likely and also has the best track record.
Need to tell Perreira, Diangana, Phillips, Krov Edwards, Furlong and Ferguson to stop having so much fun and shoot more often though. They were like the Harlem Globetrotters at times on Tuesday, passing it around for fun, which was great to watch, but it was almost as if they forgot that the ultimate "goal" is to stick the ball in the blinking net!

A great analogy actually, and you are right.

A bit of 'supply' to Charlie and Kenneth could work wonders.
MAGA!

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 11:12:15 AM »
Gibbs, Edwards and Austin in for Ferguson, Phillips and Robson-Kanu for me. Expect us to have a lot of the ball so would prefer Gibbs to Ferguson at left back and am never convinced by Phillips playing three games in a week.

rajesh-wba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 11:40:21 AM »
Gibbs, Edwards and Austin in for Ferguson, Phillips and Robson-Kanu for me. Expect us to have a lot of the ball so would prefer Gibbs to Ferguson at left back and am never convinced by Phillips playing three games in a week.

Gibbs for Ferguson an interesting one especially against Cardiff. They put a lot of balls into the box and I think I would prefer Ferguson defending the back post rather than Gibbs. Agree with you that Gibbs would offer more of an attacking threat. It’s a misnomer to think Cardiff won’t create much even with less of the ball. They had 10 attempts against QPR with 28% of the ball. Expect them to have between 20-30% on Saturday. Saturday an ideal game to score early

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2019, 12:00:10 PM »
If we want Gibbs, why not put Ferguson at right back?

I know Furlong has done well but is Ferguson the better man there?

How good would our back four be when Hegazi returns. Ferguson, Ajayi, Hegazi and Gibbs.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »
Much as I like Gibbs and what he  brings going forward I think I'd be sticking with Nathan Ferguson for this game. Gibbs is often caught on the break and is also prone to switching off at the back stick when diagonal balls come over. Colin loves a breakaway and looks to exploit open spaces. We haven't exactly been shy going forward with Ferguson who at eighteen already has greater physicality than Gibbs. I think that physicality will be called upon at the weekend.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 12:18:11 PM »
On this season's form Ferguson is the better player, when compared to Gibbs, so keeps his place for me.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »
see, if we are to really compete this season, then losing midweek, we need to be bouncing back Saturday with 3 points.

i think we will.

COYB.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 12:32:15 PM »
see, if we are to really compete this season, then losing midweek, we need to be bouncing back Saturday with 3 points.

i think we will.

COYB.)
Exactly, much bigger than just the 3 points or putting one over a potential contender, this will be the measure of our backbone.  I think he will probably start the same team with Austin for HFRK (I have added an F here  ;))

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2019, 12:37:56 PM »
Much as I like Gibbs and what he  brings going forward I think I'd be sticking with Nathan Ferguson for this game. Gibbs is often caught on the break and is also prone to switching off at the back stick when diagonal balls come over. Colin loves a breakaway and looks to exploit open spaces. We haven't exactly been shy going forward with Ferguson who at eighteen already has greater physicality than Gibbs. I think that physicality will be called upon at the weekend.
Totally agree Dan, Ferguson should stay in.  I wouldn't change any of the back 4. Austin or Zohore in for HRK would be my only change. At a push maybe Krovinovic for Sawyers.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2019, 12:41:57 PM »
No on both fronts - Semi needs to stay where he is at CB, and Livermore has more than earnt his place in the side alongside Sawyers. For me there are two improvements required for this current squad; the return of Hegazi to form a solid partnership with Semi, and a new striker in January.

As a side note in respect of Livermore, I think that he is doing a great job as captain, always engaging with the officials and he seems to have a good understanding with Slaven.

This post is bang on the money. Some will never take to Livermore and that is their right of course, but I have no doubt about the good job he is doing this season. I never knew he could do so well to be fair.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »
Ferguson didn't have the best of games against Leeds, but I'd stick with him for now.  Only change I'd make is Austin\Zohore for HRK.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2019, 01:27:27 PM »
Stick with Ferguson - he's done nothing to warrant being dropped.

Gibbs is quite a poor defender in general and Ferguson's added physique will be of assistance.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2019, 03:54:55 PM »
It seems to me that a lot of goals we concede are from getting overloaded on the wings - especially down the right hand side where Phillips is slow / reluctant to get back.  You could see that in the goal that Leeds scored midweek 

I would be tempted to put Phillips in as striker replacing Austin second half and Edwards on the right mid-field.  He works hard.  In one game last season he ran back from left wing to defend in the right had corner.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2019, 09:41:40 PM »
Thursday evening update:

Smethwick:        Sold Out
West Stand:       52
Brummie Road:  710
East Stand:        377

Remaining:      1,139
Sold:  22,300 odd.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2019, 11:00:09 PM »
Stick with Ferguson - he's done nothing to warrant being dropped.

Gibbs is quite a poor defender in general and Ferguson's added physique will be of assistance.

A bit harsh on Gibbs, he is a quality player. Problem is we have a new kid on the block😁
MAGA!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »
Wonder why we’ve only given them 2000 instead of the 2800 full away allocation . Really don’t think it’s down to the police as they really aren’t that bothered anymore. Maybe the advert in the stand is worth more then the 800 tickets  :D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2019, 09:18:32 AM »
Wonder why we’ve only given them 2000 instead of the 2800 full away allocation . Really don’t think it’s down to the police as they really aren’t that bothered anymore. Maybe the advert in the stand is worth more then the 800 tickets  :D

Yep that's what it is. Jenkins (I think) decided it was more cost effective to have that advertising and cut the away allocation.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2019, 09:38:20 AM »
Exactly, much bigger than just the 3 points or putting one over a potential contender, this will be the measure of our backbone.  I think he will probably start the same team with Austin for HFRK (I have added an F here  ;))

You cannot put that on this site , FFS its not HFRK, its HRFK, OK !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2019, 10:38:37 AM »

Yep that's what it is. Jenkins (I think) decided it was more cost effective to have that advertising and cut the away allocation.
Well milwall just moved the advertising over so these lot can😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2019, 01:44:36 PM »
Our friends of Colin are fairly confident according to their chat sites. Phillips is the one to watch apparently, keep him quiet and they will be OK...…...
MAGA!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2019, 01:47:25 PM »
Our friends of Colin are fairly confident according to their chat sites. Phillips is the one to watch apparently, keep him quiet and they will be OK...…...
good to see they are focused on the wrong players, hopefully their team will do similar.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2019, 02:44:16 PM »
I imagine they consider this a local derby apart from Swans and Brizzle we must there nearest away day,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »
This is one of the best squad we have had in a long time. We should have beat Leeds the other night. I know it's all about opinions and everyone as got them i just can't believe some are on  about dropping Furlong, Sawyers Livermore and especially Ferguson who as been bloody marvellous! Only one change needed Austin for Robson-Kanu!!