Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 163180 times)

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes Joins Albion on Loan
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2018, 10:17:18 AM »
its all bout profit now sell players snd pocket the money. yeah lets look back 12 months and the same rubbish players that got us relegated but all of a sudden they are world beaters again becsuse of a 6 game season snd people are desperate to keep.until players like nyom,brunt,barry and kanu are out the team we may aswell enjoy life back as a mid table club cause that is what we are
.   Got rid some of the players that got us relegated . Cut wages , made a profit, and replaced them with young,hungrier players .Its called shrewd business.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
its all bout profit now sell players snd pocket the money. yeah lets look back 12 months and the same rubbish players that got us relegated but all of a sudden they are world beaters again becsuse of a 6 game season snd people are desperate to keep.until players like nyom,brunt,barry and kanu are out the team we may aswell enjoy life back as a mid table club cause that is what we are
Can you see anyone coming in for Barry, Nyom or Kanu, I can't so, we're stuck with them on contract.  I quite like Nyom, at least he has a go, and you never know, Barry might have a conscience and decide he doesn't want to end his career on a whimper and actually really give it a go.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2018, 01:20:08 PM »
He is an improvement on McClean. He is left footed so he does not add to the stockpile of right footed wide players so he isn't blocking anyone.
Are you sure he's left-footed? I watched the Youtube video that was posted at the beginning of this thread and the vast majority of what he did was with his right foot.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2018, 01:29:31 PM »
Are you sure he's left-footed? I watched the Youtube video that was posted at the beginning of this thread and the vast majority of what he did was with his right foot.

According to Transfer Markt he is right footed and in all the photos I've seen of him shooting he is using his right foot.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/harvey-barnes/profil/spieler/398065
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2018, 01:40:23 PM »
Some of the best left wingers to have played the game have been right footed. Especially in modern day football.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2018, 03:44:46 PM »
Well considering we got ourselves relegated there's nothing we can do about nurturing Leicester's talent for them, it's our fault and we'll have to deal with it.

If Barnes contributes in a team that are promoted then we're back where we started from and will have greater funds with which to secure ourselves a permanent replacement. As a replacement for McClean, he's younger, has a better goalscoring record and we've made the best part of £5m profit.

You're also forgetting we still have the likes of Chadli, Dawson and Rondon - who now they're involved in pre-season cannot be written off. The plan is obviously to hold onto these players, hence why the clauses run out before the end of the window. If these players stay, they're better than any business Stoke or Swansea or whoever else in the Championship has done so far this summer.

Keeping hold of these players also means we probably wont be seeing any big money signings coming in and to me it seems we're trying to build a strong group of young attacking players, something we've been needing for years. Relax.

I’d like to think we’re doing that but no signing at the moment points to that. Barnes is a loan (short term thinking) so will go straight back to Leicester and the rest of our attacking midfielders/strikers are all late 20s or in their 30s. You’d hope Burke can force his way into that this season but I’m not sure Moore trusts him.

Barnes did look lively last night in spells and he clearly has the potential to do the business.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2018, 07:40:32 PM »
According to Transfer Markt he is right footed and in all the photos I've seen of him shooting he is using his right foot.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/harvey-barnes/profil/spieler/398065

My bad saw that he was described as a left winger and assumed he was left footed. Not so sure about the wisdom of this move as I start to wonder about the tactical fit. More than happy with him being a right footed left winger in a 4-4-1-1 but if this isn't balanced by a left footed right winger then the team's shape starts to become skewed to the right.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2018, 09:29:44 PM »
Is the fact he's seen as a direct replacement for McLean maybe a bit misleading ? From his YouTube clips he looks capable of playing on either side plus the way he seems to spot others and link up he looks suited to an AM/No 10 type role.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2018, 09:33:49 PM »
Not so sure about the wisdom of this move as I start to wonder about the tactical fit. More than happy with him being a right footed left winger in a 4-4-1-1 but if this isn't balanced by a left footed right winger then the team's shape starts to become skewed to the right.
We've played wingers on the "wrong" side a lot in recent years, even the paceless Brunt has been played on the right. The Youtube video shows Barnes playing on both wings and, watching how he plays, I'm sure he can be more effective than many of our wide players of late.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2018, 06:15:37 PM »
What I found interesting about Barnes today is that he did not seem to be a speed merchant who uses his oace to get on the outside of a full back. Instead, he seems more of a foot on the ball wide man who likes to come inside and get a shot off, or to work with the players around him to create and crsft changes.

He did have a go at the full back a few times, but there seemed to be a bit of variety about his play which was impressive.

He will give defenders something a little different to think about this season and give a different option to Burke or Phillips.
Boing Boing

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »
What I found interesting about Barnes today is that he did not seem to be a speed merchant who uses his oace to get on the outside of a full back. Instead, he seems more of a foot on the ball wide man who likes to come inside and get a shot off, or to work with the players around him to create and crsft changes.

He did have a go at the full back a few times, but there seemed to be a bit of variety about his play which was impressive.

He will give defenders something a little different to think about this season and give a different option to Burke or Phillips.
Yes noticed that in his YouTube clips, seems to look and is very aware of players in space or making runs (tad different to McLean)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »
You could see in the first five minutes he's a class above McClean. He's intelligent for a young kid, mixes his game up and has that quality about him.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2018, 06:31:14 PM »
Looked brilliant, will do very well for us. Seemed to link up with robson Kanu very well! :o

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2018, 08:06:49 PM »
Seemed to set us up to be on the front foot today which was pleasing. Bolton look like they will set up shop and sit deep, so it was good to see us try and keep the ball and play intricate one twos (Barnes, Morrison and HRK in particular).

I really hope we can take this positive style of play into the season and get some early wins under our belt.

Fingers crossed!

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2018, 12:38:50 AM »
He comes from Leicester, his name is Harvey Barnesh and when he does his thing the crowd go bananash...(John Barnes - Anfield Rap...for those old enough to remember... :o)
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2018, 05:32:56 PM »
BEst talent on loan since lukaku.

Waste of a loan deal..should of have gave our kids ago

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
If we get some money in for chadli we should be making an offer to Leicester for this lad to make it permenant
O Albion we love you

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2018, 05:52:36 PM »
Utter class again today, hopefully Leicester do well as we would suffer without him. At hand in the first 3/4 goals if I remember correctly and bossed it.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »
If we get some money in for chadli we should be making an offer to Leicester for this lad to make it permenant

No harm in trying, but they'd be mad to take it. He signed a new Contract just before coming to us
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2018, 06:06:48 PM »
I hope James Maddison has a brilliant season for Leicester ;) If we go up and Barnes enjoys his time here maybe we could tempt him. Early days but he is the kind of player we have been crying out for (especially if Chadli doesn't come back).

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2018, 06:07:49 PM »
Reminds me of Morrison last time we were in the champ. Could be his long term successor if we can tempt him.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2018, 06:08:50 PM »
Oozes class and confidence. Signing of the window. He could be the difference between going up and staying where we are. He just has that ability to creat something out of nothing. 9/10 for me today and I don't say that lightly.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2018, 06:11:46 PM »
Utter class again today, hopefully Leicester do well as we would suffer without him. At hand in the first 3/4 goals if I remember correctly and bossed it.

Spot on post. He has time on the ball and uses it intelligently, which are signatures of a class act
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2018, 06:12:04 PM »
You are watching a young player blossom. He will be championship player of the season.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2018, 06:39:42 PM »
Bit of a talent this kid is. Involved in everything good for us this season, unfortunately doubt we’ll be able to sign him permanently after this season