Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 467226 times)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1350 on: July 09, 2020, 06:40:10 AM »
He’s been poor since lockdown but much better last night and arguably his best performance in a 4231.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1351 on: July 09, 2020, 09:02:58 AM »
Better yesterday than he has been for a number of weeks but, make no mistake, if we do get promoted, he cannot be a starting player next season.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1352 on: July 09, 2020, 09:07:08 AM »
The pressing in our team (for the most part) is done by Austin Pereira, Grosicki and Diangana. Hope this helps.

I reckon if you could dig the stats up Livermore would be up there for ball recoveries or whatever they're calling them now.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1353 on: July 09, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »
I reckon if you could dig the stats up Livermore would be up there for ball recoveries or whatever they're calling them now.

He's ok at what he does, he just looks so cumbersome around the pitch.
Need a more mobile version of him
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1354 on: July 09, 2020, 09:23:27 AM »
He's ok at what he does, he just looks so cumbersome around the pitch.
Need a more mobile version of him

Agreed.

Jacko is right that he's not the most technically gifted footballer. But he's not been able to admit that he's done a good job for us at times this season, last night being one of those occasions. The chances of being a Championship team with a more mobile and technically better version of Livermore are tiny. It's definitely an area to improve should we be promoted.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1355 on: July 09, 2020, 10:28:02 AM »

The role Livermore plays, he plays well. No point debating with him he knows everything.

Key passes
1.   Pereira – 4
2.   Livermore – 3
Pass Accuracy
1.   1 Bartley – 96.3%
2.   Sawyers – 89.7%
3.   Pereira – 86.7%
4.   Diangana – 85%
5.   Livermore – 84.4%
Total tackles
1.   Livermore – 4

That's some of his stats from yesterday (not including the subs that came on), stats don't lie. He's not a fancy flair player... but he does the job that's needed of him.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1356 on: July 18, 2020, 04:14:21 AM »
It is worth noting that since this waste of space signed we went backwards as a club. Now I'm not saying Jake is the only reason we have gone downhill but he has certainly contributed. I don't buy into this captain fantastico nonsense . I'm sick of seeing things such as "We know what we need to do" "we are in this together" all the typical generic rubbish coming out of his mouth only for him then to put in such poor performances. I hear he is supposed to be a wonderful person but I couldn't care less I'd much rather have a captain who is a bit of a nasty bugger who will take us forward as opposed to this fraud.

sandbachbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1357 on: July 22, 2020, 09:47:07 PM »
Just watched his interview. Class act. Means so much to him. Saying they all knew jobs were at risk if they didnt do it etc...and they may be guilty of caring too much and letting emotions take over hence the poor performances.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1358 on: July 22, 2020, 09:48:26 PM »
Just watched his interview. Class act. Means so much to him. Saying they all knew jobs were at risk if they didnt do it etc...and they may be guilty of caring too much and letting emotions take over hence the poor performances.

What was his excuse before Covid-19?  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1359 on: July 22, 2020, 09:48:53 PM »

Absolute class interview.
Baggie in Southampton

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1360 on: July 22, 2020, 09:49:48 PM »
It is worth noting that since this waste of space signed we went backwards as a club. Now I'm not saying Jake is the only reason we have gone downhill but he has certainly contributed. I don't buy into this captain fantastico nonsense . I'm sick of seeing things such as "We know what we need to do" "we are in this together" all the typical generic rubbish coming out of his mouth only for him then to put in such poor performances. I hear he is supposed to be a wonderful person but I couldn't care less I'd much rather have a captain who is a bit of a nasty bugger who will take us forward as opposed to this fraud.
I disagree, he's a decent player, knows the ropes, and we will need his experience next year, even if he doesn't start every game.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1361 on: July 22, 2020, 09:50:57 PM »
I disagree, he's a decent player, knows the ropes, and we will need his experience next year, even if he doesn't start every game.

You tease.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1362 on: July 22, 2020, 09:51:27 PM »
MOTM tonight.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1363 on: July 22, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
Brilliant tonight skipper's performance

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1364 on: July 22, 2020, 09:54:58 PM »
The man has class despite some limitations as a player. He was however superb tonight. Well done Jake.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1365 on: July 22, 2020, 09:56:03 PM »
Superb tonight. Well done JL. Interview shows how much it meant to him.

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1366 on: July 22, 2020, 09:59:24 PM »
Classy interview. You could see what it meant to him.

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1367 on: July 22, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »
We can talk about Jakes technical abilities until the cows come home but that can wait.

Tonight it was clear to me that Jake actually gives a toss and clearly meant a lot to him personally tonight. I don’t know the ins and outs but it sounded like he went through some dark days at Hull and here he is coming through the other side.

I’ve always been amazed that he and Kieran Gibbs- Tottenham and Arsenal boys from youth, have kept their heads down after relegation and really acquitted themselves well in an unforgiving Championship division for two years.

Congratulations to Jake tonight - a fantastic thing to add to his career story.

Lovely stuff.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1368 on: July 22, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »
Class.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1369 on: July 22, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »
Captains performance tonight, some lovely touches around the box as well as the pressing. A very honest and emotional interview shows how much he cares, top man

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1370 on: July 22, 2020, 10:23:32 PM »
I know it's the same for all clubs, but I don't think they've been home to see their families since the re-start in June, perhaps that's why Jake was so emotional.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1371 on: July 22, 2020, 10:26:27 PM »
He improved a lot this season.
Close down quickly and go forward all the time.
The PRIDE of midlands

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1372 on: July 22, 2020, 10:27:30 PM »
He was absolutely immense tonight.  Lead the line, closed down, defended brilliantly. 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1373 on: July 22, 2020, 11:19:33 PM »
Showed up tonight with a performance more akin to the way he started the season. We desperately need to replace him if we have any hopes of staying up next season, but he has finally looked like a decent player this year. There will be a place in the wider squad for him.
Boing Boing

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1374 on: July 22, 2020, 11:25:30 PM »
I've been critical at times but superb energy and leadership this season.