Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 259179 times)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #650 on: April 12, 2019, 11:29:40 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/april/notts-county-loan-switch-for-palmer/

Alex Palmer has joined Notts County on emergency loan for this weekends game

My first game was in 1987 and we've never produced a good goalie who has come from our youth team, even to go and do well elsewhere, which is annoying when the dingles have produced Murray and ikeme.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #651 on: August 09, 2019, 05:56:37 PM »
Sam Field and Jonathon Leko are at Charlton Athletic for the season

Kane Wilson is at Tranmere Rovers.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #652 on: August 09, 2019, 06:02:16 PM »
Sam Field and Jonathon Leko are at Charlton Athletic for the season

Kane Wilson is at Tranmere Rovers.

Wilson needs selling / releasing first chance we get. Nowhere near the level we need.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #653 on: August 09, 2019, 06:39:00 PM »

Wilson needs selling / releasing first chance we get. Nowhere near the level we need.
to be fair Kyle Edwards was at league 2 level only a year or so ago, Kane will probably be one we hold onto till the last opportunity a la Sawyers and Roofe.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #654 on: August 10, 2019, 12:08:13 AM »
to be fair Kyle Edwards was at league 2 level only a year or so ago, Kane will probably be one we hold onto till the last opportunity a la Sawyers and Roofe.

Agreed, it's also worth remembering Edwards is two years older than Wilson. Would he have been released at nineteen (Wilson's age) were it not for a knee injury? Maybe, maybe not. But although not a gambling man I'd lay money most would moan he'd been released too soon if he'd done what he did at Brentford last season and Forest this were he wearing another team's colours.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #655 on: August 10, 2019, 09:21:30 AM »
Interestingly Wilson's loan is only until January, not a season long loan
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #656 on: August 10, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
Interestingly Wilson's loan is only until January, not a season long loan
There's a January recall option in the Field and Leko deals also I believe which makes sense really. Not sure if Charlton could end either deal early if they wanted to.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

bournemouth baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #657 on: August 10, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »
My first game was in 1987 and we've never produced a good goalie who has come from our youth team, even to go and do well elsewhere, which is annoying when the dingles have produced Murray and ikeme.
Fair point. In my time the only one I recall making it with us was Peter Latchford in the early 70s. Andy Goram went on to be Man United and Scotland first choice even though he didn't play a senior game for us.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #658 on: August 10, 2019, 12:48:21 PM »
Fair point. In my time the only one I recall making it with us was Peter Latchford in the early 70s. Andy Goram went on to be Man United and Scotland first choice even though he didn't play a senior game for us.

I remember Peter Latchford. Yes he made a good few appearances but was never a top keeper.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #659 on: August 10, 2019, 05:40:35 PM »
Leko started for Charlton and provided an assist. Field not in squad.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #660 on: August 10, 2019, 05:51:00 PM »
Leko started for Charlton and provided an assist. Field not in squad.
Bowyer claimed lack of preseason was why he wasn’t in the squad as Field was at the tournament over the summer. Same as Kayal their Brighton loanee I believe.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #661 on: August 10, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
Charlton fans are raving about Leko on twitter. A few comments along the lines of "he is so fast even he doesn't know what he is about to do next" (think Somen Tchoyi), but generally all of them are very pleased with his opening day performance, with im getting MotM mentions. Good news, hope he keeps it up.

Also, Plymouth fans are hugely impressed with Alex Palmer in goal. Good to see him having 2 good games at the start of the season.
Boing Boing

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #662 on: August 17, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »
Leko played 80 odd minutes for charlton up front today.
Field not in the squad again worryingly.

Kane Wilson started at right back for tranmere who won 5-0 he also got an assist almost played full game.

Alex Palmer played 90 mins for Plymouth who lost 1-0
O Albion we love you

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #663 on: August 17, 2019, 07:59:48 PM »
How is Sam Field not getting in the Charlton squad??
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #664 on: August 17, 2019, 08:20:04 PM »
How is Sam Field not getting in the Charlton squad??
lack of fitness due to not having a preseason, they have another player in a similar position, at least that’s what Bowyer said a week or so ago.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #665 on: August 17, 2019, 08:21:07 PM »
lack of fitness due to not having a preseason, they have another player in a similar position, at least that’s what Bowyer said a week or so ago.

Kayal I think it was

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #666 on: August 17, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »

He had a pre-season.

I'm at a loss with Sam Field. Something is not right with him, somewhere. I'm sure it'll come out in the wash at some point but normal circumstances don't seem to fit with Sam. I'd love to know the issue with him.

BomberBaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #667 on: August 17, 2019, 08:33:00 PM »
💬LB: “Sam Field is a bit behind in game time with pre-season, so it might take him a bit longer to catch up. But we’ve got a game on Tuesday, so that will help out." #cafc

He did play on Tuesday aswell for 70 odd mins.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #668 on: August 17, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
💬LB: “Sam Field is a bit behind in game time with pre-season, so it might take him a bit longer to catch up. But we’ve got a game on Tuesday, so that will help out." #cafc

He did play on Tuesday aswell for 70 odd mins.

He played more pre-season football than Leko did. He figured in the Carabao Cup that no-one cares about. The lad has too much ability to be ignored like he is, not even in the 18. I've said for a long time there is some serious issue with Sam.

BomberBaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #669 on: August 17, 2019, 08:53:10 PM »

He played more pre-season football than Leko did. He figured in the Carabao Cup that no-one cares about. The lad has too much ability to be ignored like he is, not even in the 18. I've said for a long time there is some serious issue with Sam.

Sorry the Post was more to give evidence to what hunnington has said,

Pretty sure Leko played more than Field simply because of our striker situation for most of the window, sam was mostly a sub in pre-season.

I wouldn't worry just yet anyway its very early in the season, Leko seems to doing well down there so perhaps Lee Bowyer is just taking his time with sam and we'll see him impress when he gets more game time. I'm not clued up in Charlton's squad but i see they signed ex bolton and walsall lad oztumer few days ago so there maybe more of an urgent need to play leko?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:55:28 PM by BomberBaggie »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #670 on: August 17, 2019, 11:08:00 PM »
This is what Lee Bowyer said before Charltons cup game in midweek

“I spoke to the fitness fella at West Brom and he was saying Sam hadn’t played many minutes in pre-season. So he’s a little bit behind. I don’t want to just chuck him in the deep end because you are always getting judged. I want to try and get him some minutes. He’s a quiet lad, so I need to break him in really with the group.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #671 on: August 22, 2019, 08:25:54 AM »
2 assists in 3 games from Leko.
Would be a decent player if he can make things simple.

https://youtu.be/gbL1e9TLz34?t=1
https://youtu.be/dxWzu-WSVpI?t=25
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:19:49 AM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #672 on: August 22, 2019, 08:35:56 AM »
Field and Leko both started for Charlton last night, with Leko setting up the goal.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #673 on: August 22, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
Apparently, Leko has taken criticism from some Charlton fans for missing an open goal from six yards last night, he blasted it over the bar. Had he scored, Charlton would have been two up after 60 mins and fans think they would have gone on to secure all 3 points. 

There is also concern that he loses / gives the ball away too easily. Lets hope that he is learning from his experience of playing regular football.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #674 on: August 22, 2019, 10:16:56 PM »
Most of the on the whistle twitter reactions I saw from Charlton fans seemed to be praising Leko and Field whichvwas a good thing. Some feel that Leko can over complicate things and some mention he is probably a better impact sub, but it is a good start so far.
Boing Boing