Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535390 times)

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1250 on: November 10, 2014, 07:35:57 PM »
I think he is being over -hyped, but I also think it was unfair to single him out on Sunday, when he was feeding on scraps all game
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1251 on: November 10, 2014, 07:39:04 PM »
I think he is being over -hyped, but I also think it was unfair to single him out on Sunday, when he was feeding on scraps all game

He had no support from his midfield whatsoever, his midfield were to busy passing to eachother in their own half.You watch him score for England with midfielders that pass to him
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1252 on: November 10, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »
They were talking on WM tonight about Berahino being interviewed stating the 'I score the goals', 'I do this and I do that' rather than thanking teammates etc for his International call up.  Can anyone confirm this?

I think the kid is talented but there are massive question marks about his attitude.  That 'billy big b******s' hasn't entirely gone away IMO.

I wouldn't take too much notice of what JP has said today.  I read his comments more along the lines of 'we dont have to sell' rather than 'we dont want to sell'. If Liverpool or anyone else offers £25mil he's gone.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #1253 on: November 10, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »

I think the kid is talented but there are massive question marks about his attitude.  That 'billy big b******s' hasn't entirely gone away IMO.

I think having abit of arrogance is good its just keeping it under controllable levels, I would imagine after last season hes learnt a lesson about how far he can take it.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1254 on: November 10, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
The cynics will say this is JP talking up the price. I do think the numbers being bandied about are ridiculous, but we do need to keep Saido until an adfequate replacement is in situ. I'm sure JP will be only too aware of that.
Think the timing of this and JP mentioning the effort we've gone to in nurturing him, maybe reminding people, including the FA, that it can be in the interests of English football, if young players stay at the club where they are developed instead of being nabbed by the big boys in their mid teens.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1255 on: November 10, 2014, 09:51:47 PM »
They were talking on WM tonight about Berahino being interviewed stating the 'I score the goals', 'I do this and I do that' rather than thanking teammates etc for his International call up.  Can anyone confirm this?

I wouldn't take too much notice of what JP has said today.  I read his comments more along the lines of 'we dont have to sell' rather than 'we dont want to sell'. If Liverpool or anyone else offers £25mil he's gone.

Saido is a lovely down to earth kid. Spent an hour in my school recently to promote sport totally voluntarily. Did a q&a session with 10 and 11 year olds and he was fab.
He thought a lot of Anelka, as he was brilliant nurturing the kids apparently. Very pleasant likeable lad who definitely wasn't billy big time.

Too many newspaper articles stir things up. Read all the quotes in context e.g. The latest he wants to leave story. He actually said I am happy to stay this year, the next but at some point I want to play champions league so I may need to move. That is on newsnow as hints he is leaving in loads of papers headlines.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1256 on: November 11, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »
Saido missed England training today according to Sky Sports.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1257 on: November 11, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »
Saido missed England training today according to Sky Sports.

Just an extra days rest because he (apparently) played on Sunday
Allllllll aboard

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1258 on: November 11, 2014, 08:19:33 PM »
hes ok , but id sell for sure
20mil and its adios , the problem is who you get in ?

Brown could do with a run of 6 games to get his shooting boots , if he starts to work we could loan one for the rest of the season and spend in summer .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1259 on: November 11, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »
hes ok , but id sell for sure
20mil and its adios , the problem is who you get in ?

Brown could do with a run of 6 games to get his shooting boots , if he starts to work we could loan one for the rest of the season and spend in summer .

You have answered your own question!!  If you can get 20m for a player but can't find a replacement then surely you don't sell the player in the first place
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:55 AM »
My friends brother plays for the academy and hes echoed the above post about Saidos attitude.

Apparntly he talks to the young lads all the time and always has time to offer advice and help.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1261 on: November 14, 2014, 10:02:11 PM »
You have answered your own question!!  If you can get 20m for a player but can't find a replacement then surely you don't sell the player in the first place
indeed, but its going to have to be answered.
i have no doubt he will be off, its easy for anyone on here to stay refuse 20-30 mill, but when its your own money??
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1262 on: November 14, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
Sell him for £20 million and buy another two Ideye Browns  ;D

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1263 on: November 15, 2014, 08:29:37 AM »
According to today's Sun, Inter and Juventus are also interested in Saido
Twitter: @floydy1983

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1264 on: November 15, 2014, 08:47:36 AM »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1265 on: November 15, 2014, 11:44:25 AM »
According to today's Sun, Inter and Juventus are also interested in Saido

That would be a much better move for him in his development and future England potential
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1266 on: November 15, 2014, 01:16:18 PM »

That would be a much better move for him in his development and future England potential
Also no chance of him scoring against....that's if we don't draw them in the Champion League. ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

philwba1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1267 on: November 15, 2014, 04:04:45 PM »
Good piece of reading, hope he comes back from England duty the same as he seems to have gone away with a level head after last seasons shenanigans and doesn't start getting above his station again or Mozza will have to step in again  :)

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1268 on: November 15, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
If Berahino goes, who is going to score the 10+ goals needed? Anichebe ??? Ideye ???
Teams that don't score enough goals, are going in only one direction.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1269 on: November 15, 2014, 05:22:36 PM »
If Berahino goes, who is going to score the 10+ goals needed? Anichebe ??? Ideye ???
Teams that don't score enough goals, are going in only one direction.
Palace did fine and had one off if not THE lowest tally in the league last year. We had this conversation last year despite out scoring most of the teams around us.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1270 on: November 15, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »
Palace did fine and had one off if not THE lowest tally in the league last year. We had this conversation last year despite out scoring most of the teams around us.

They also conceded quite a few less too. Less than Liverpool did in fact. We are shipping 2 per game at home.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1271 on: November 15, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »
Sell him for £20 million and buy another two Ideye Browns  ;D

That would happen.

Frustrating when you think Tadic and Pelle cost Southampton a combined £20m.  Plus they were both fit enough to start the season. Our scouting and recruitment has been poor for some time.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1272 on: November 15, 2014, 06:23:12 PM »
They also conceded quite a few less too. Less than Liverpool did in fact. We are shipping 2 per game at home.
and so you proved my point, its more about not conceding than scoring a tonne of goals. Id also ask how many do we ship away from home?

bishop brennan

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1273 on: November 15, 2014, 08:41:44 PM »
Don't know if its been previously post but this is the start of the Saido era

https://twitter.com/SteveHopcroft/status/530431009620516867/photo/1

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1274 on: November 15, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »
Really interesting article here about saido http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/berahino-how-it-all-started-2084894.aspx
An excellent insight into the player and the academy. We should cherish this kid while we can.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.