Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 259047 times)

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #350 on: November 13, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »
I agree that the competitive games will do him good, and also he cant really go to a championship side if one didnt come in for him.

My concern is the standard, Berahino and Daniels hadnt been near the first team when they were loaned out, and i think both were 19 / 20 at that stage it would appear they were a way off being involved and Berahino's loan spells did him good, and Daniels seems to be getting on fine.

Liam O'Neill however has played for our first team, been involved in and around matchday squads, played premiership football (abeit only a little) and is 21, i just think that for him to get to the level he already has he obviously is of a certain standard and a loan to a club that only came up from league 2 last year and is struggling in league 1 just doesnt seem right, i hope i am proved wrong.

As i say nothing against Scunthorpe, if it was a Adil Nabi, Danny Barrow, players like that who arent close to the first team and as of yet havent been i would say its a great move but Liam O Neill start of the season appeared to be a genuine first team contender, that hasnt happened and a few months later he is going to play in league 1.

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #351 on: November 13, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »
I don't have a problem with him going there. Yes, it's league 1, but there really isn't much difference between that level than the lower half of the Championship. Look how well Wolves are doing (last week excepted  :D) since they went up.
Obviously no Championship team came in for him otherwise he'd be there, but the lad needs competitive football & I think he'll get it there & do well.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #352 on: November 13, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »
I guess when we send someone on loan there are a few factors involved in where he goes.
As mentioned, it has to be a club that wants him,
It needs to be somewhere he plays and doesn't sit on the bench
I would hope that we'd only let a young midfielder go to a club that plays a bit of football and plays through the midfield a bit.

He can also come back for the busy pre and post Christmas period and the cup 3rd round. Sensible time for a 28 day loan ...we don't play for the first 10 days of it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
There is no harm in O'Neill going out for a month and playing football in a different environment. It is certainly more useful than not making our bench for the next month.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »
we all know how obsessed with match fitness AI is,
This loan may be a pre-cursor to a clear out in January, AI has seen the squad and will be making decisions upon the futures of personnel, maybe a match fit O'Neill is seen as an important squad member later in the season.

Thats my conspiracy theory laid bare.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »
we all know how obsessed with match fitness AI is,
This loan may be a pre-cursor to a clear out in January, AI has seen the squad and will be making decisions upon the futures of personnel, maybe a match fit O'Neill is seen as an important squad member later in the season.

Thats my conspiracy theory laid bare.

Let's hope not. If he jettisoned Mulumbu or Yacob to play ONeill it would be a huge mistake.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »
Let's hope not. If he jettisoned Mulumbu or Yacob to play ONeill it would be a huge mistake.

I was thinking more of jettisoning the midfield dynamo that is Chris Baird or the club captain !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #357 on: November 14, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
Makes no sense. Brunt is a left midfielder (our only one) while Baird is a utility man right back centre back defensive midfielder.  O'Neill is also a defensive midfielder just not a very good one and one with no experience.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2014, 12:29:58 PM »
Right move.

O'Neill no where near our first team quality at the moment.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
There'll be no clear out in January as everyone is under contract. Obviously if offers came in for one or two then its up to the club to decide.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2014, 05:19:18 PM »
Video of Jack Rose (GK) Playing for Accrington Stanley against Carlisle, Apparently he was their Man of the Match.

video taken from Carlisle's official Youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veg7EFewB1Y

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #361 on: November 27, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »
Wes Atkinson has joined Cambridge United on loan until January 3rd

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-west-brom-wba-wesley-atkinson-loan-2108960.aspx#i2bdFRlTB5hFtxRF.99

YOUNG defender Wesley Atkinson has joined Cambridge United on loan until January 3.

The 20-year-old, who travelled with Alan Irvine’s first-team squad to California in pre-season, can also play for The U’s in the FA Cup.

Atkinson has been a regular in James Shan’s Under-21 side so far this season, producing some impressive displays.

And the Academy graduate, who found out about the League Two side’s interest in him through Shan, is itching to get started at the Abbey Stadium.

“I am buzzing to go out on loan and join Cambridge United,” said Atkinson.

“Our Under-21 coach, James Shan, phoned me on Wednesday night and said that there was a chance for me to go to Cambridge on loan.

“I have wanted to go on loan and gain some first-team experience so the opportunity was a no brainer.

“As soon as I found out that Cambridge were interested in me I did some research to see what they are like, and they look like a good team.

“I struggled to sleep last night, I was excited and nervous thinking about what is to come.

“My main aim is to help Cambridge and play well for them, showing the fans what I can do.”

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #362 on: December 03, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
I see Kemar Roofe hasn't had his 1 month loan extended by Colchester, after starting once for them and 2 sub appearances. If Colchester don't regard him as being good enough for them in League 1, it doesn't exactly bode well for him potentially being of Premier League quality.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #363 on: December 03, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
I see Kemar Roofe hasn't had his 1 month loan extended by Colchester, after starting once for them and 2 sub appearances. If Colchester don't regard him as being good enough for them in League 1, it doesn't exactly bode well for him potentially being of Premier League quality.
Maybe but could be that he just doesn't fit in with their style of play, though you'd think that would be considered up-front.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2014, 07:57:12 AM »

I recall Berahino being sent back from one of his first loan spells.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #365 on: December 27, 2014, 03:51:14 PM »
Liam O'Neill scored one and made another yesterday for Scunthorpe, here's his goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUWR8gxxubQ&feature=youtu.be

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2015, 05:08:38 PM »
Congrats to Liam O'Neil, whose month's loan at Scunthorpe has been extended to the end of the season.

Donervon Daniels is back with us now his loan at Blackpool is up.

I'm not sure about Jack Rose, he had his loan extended in December but has not played in any of the last 3 matches for Stanley.
Also unsure with Wes Atkinson at Cambridge, his loan ended on 3rd of Jan but cannot find any confirmation of return or extension.

defender Reiss Greenidge apparently in talks with another club on loan after his previous spell at Port Vale came to an end according to the Stoke Sentinal.

Think that is everyone so far, have I missed anyone out?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
Congrats to Liam O'Neil, whose month's loan at Scunthorpe has been extended to the end of the season.

I'm not sure about Jack Rose, he had his loan extended in December but has not played in any of the last 3 matches for Stanley.
Also unsure with Wes Atkinson at Cambridge, his loan ended on 3rd of Jan but cannot find any confirmation of return or extension.

defender Reiss Greenidge apparently in talks with another club on loan after his previous spell at Port Vale came to an end according to the Stoke Sentinal.

Scunthorpe have not lost a game since O'Neil's loan spell started, moved out of the relegation zone.
Baggie in Southampton

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »
Would gave hoped o'neill played higher level on loan to be honest.bhe should be ripping up trees in the div 1.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2015, 07:40:24 PM »
Would gave hoped o'neill played higher level on loan to be honest.bhe should be ripping up trees in the div 1.

I think the fact they are unbeaten since he joined and he's helped them out the bottom three shows he's making some impact there.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2015, 05:50:10 AM »
O'Neil can be the 4th choice CB(assume Olsson will leave this summer) and cover for the holding midfielder in our team if he progress well in Scunthorpe.
The PRIDE of midlands

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2015, 07:12:52 PM »
O'Neil can be the 4th choice CB(assume Olsson will leave this summer) and cover for the holding midfielder in our team if he progress well in Scunthorpe.

Do you not think Jonas is a perfect pulis type player??
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #372 on: January 16, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
Bradley Garmston has joined Gillingham on a one month emergency loan

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-west-brom-wba-bradley-garmston-joins-gillingham-2207794.aspx

BRADLEY Garmston has joined League One side Gillingham on a one-month emergency loan deal.

Albion are unable to recall the left-back anytime before Saturday, February 14.

The Republic of Ireland youth international was part of the first team squad that travelled to California during pre-season, and he was also on target in the 3-2 friendly defeat at Port Vale in early August.

The 20-year-old has previous experience of being out on loan, having appeared 13 times for Colchester United in 2013.

We wish Brad all the best during his time with the Gills.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #373 on: January 16, 2015, 03:20:09 PM »
Bradley Garmston has joined Gillingham on a one month emergency loan

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-west-brom-wba-bradley-garmston-joins-gillingham-2207794.aspx

BRADLEY Garmston has joined League One side Gillingham on a one-month emergency loan deal.

Albion are unable to recall the left-back anytime before Saturday, February 14.

The Republic of Ireland youth international was part of the first team squad that travelled to California during pre-season, and he was also on target in the 3-2 friendly defeat at Port Vale in early August.

The 20-year-old has previous experience of being out on loan, having appeared 13 times for Colchester United in 2013.

We wish Brad all the best during his time with the Gills.

Good luck to the lad, hopefully he performs well and can stay there for the remainder of the season.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #374 on: January 16, 2015, 11:29:39 PM »

Jack Rose has returned , he played 8 games for Accrington before getting injured

http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2015/01/rose-returns-west-brom/