Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 259163 times)

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »
On Saturday 5-20 kick off Peterborough vs Blackburn...good chance to watch Saido Berahino in action.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
Saido had a hand in Posh taking the lead on Saturday,he got subbed and Ferguson Jr got booed :).They then lost the game 2-1,sadly as i suspected I'm told Saido is living on scraps chance wise but still making a good impression.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »
Sounds like he is doing very well at Posh which is good to see, hopefully he will have a good game against Blackburn.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 04:02:26 PM »
Wood scored a late winner for Milwall today with his head. He's doing well there I think.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
Wood scored a late winner for Milwall today with his head. He's doing well there I think.
http://www.millwallfc.co.uk//news/article/wood-news-494025.aspx?pageView=full

His loan has been extended to January 1st.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »
Yet again scores in Millwall's 1-0 win over Leeds

Late Chris Wood goal gives Millwall win over Leeds

Chris Wood's 85th-minute header finally broke down 10-man Leeds as in-form Millwall extended their unbeaten run to 10 games in the npower Championship.

Visiting winger Luke Varney saw red just three minutes into the second half for an elbow, albeit not malicious, which struck Adam Smith in the face.

Millwall, who had enjoyed the better of a largely lacklustre first half, subsequently took the game to the visitors and went close on more than one occasion.

But they did not do enough to trouble Paddy Kenny between the posts, with Leeds - who provided little threat of their own all afternoon - deserving some credit for holding their own.

That was until five minutes from time when Shane Lowry's left-wing cross was met by the head of New Zealand international Wood from close range at the far post, a seventh goal of the season for the West Brom loanee.

It was enough to inflict a third successive defeat on Leeds, who fell to an emphatic 6-1 home reverse against Watford last weekend, and left the Yorkshire outfit winless in seven.

An attendance of 13,117 generated huge noise prior to kick-off but, as is so often the case in games between rival sides, the intense atmosphere was not matched by quality on the pitch.

Amid a sloppy opening to proceedings, Millwall's Liam Feeney was first to trouble the scoreline with a shot from distance which flew over the crossbar.

It was certainly an end-to-end encounter but a distinct lack of class was missing in either final third.

Liam Trotter fired an effort narrowly wide for the Lions before Mark Beevers saw a header cleared off the line by Tom Lees.

Andy Keogh's near-post effort brought a save out of Kenny, the first of either keeper, in the 41st minute.

Keogh arguably came the closest to breaking the deadlock in the first half just three minutes later as his fine right-footed effort from the left channel flew past Kenny and wide of the target.

But an ordinary first half was soon forgotten within three minutes of the restart as Varney saw red, his flailing arm finding the face of Smith as he backed into the Lions defender.

The red card immediately cranked up the atmosphere in the stands and upped Millwall's tempo on the pitch.

Wood fired over when he really should have passed with team-mates well placed before Leeds defender Lee Peltier headed off the line.

The home side were turning the screw and Chris Taylor and substitute James Henry fired just wide in quick succession after the hour mark.

However, the initial burst of goalmouth action was succeeded by very little until Wood's 85th-minute winner as Leeds appeared set for a creditable point.

Millwall wasted a couple of chances to add a second late on, Henry and Wood - on an afternoon of wayward shooting - failing to find the target.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/late-chris-wood-goal-gives-millwall-win-over-leeds-8327132.html
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:07:05 PM by Quakes Fan »

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »
Great to see him score again, especially the winner against Leeds.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »
"...

Jackett's side is built around solid virtues, with a giant at the back in Danny Shittu and another at the front in Chris Wood.

For all that he was to win the game with a header, it was Wood's willingness to plough channels towards the flanks, rather than his ability to dominate in the air, that Millwall most relied on. The best chance of the opening half came when he ran down the right before sliding a pass across the edge of the penalty area which Andy Keogh swept wide.

Five minutes from the end Wood won the ball in midfield, turned and lumbered towards the penalty area, arriving all alone and just in time to head Shane Lowry's excellent cross beyond Paddy Kenny. This was due to be the last game of his loan from West Bromwich Albion, his 11 starts bringing seven goals, five wins and the club's first 10-game unbeaten run since 1988-89. Millwall were understandably delighted when the New Zealander and his parent club agreed after this match to extend the deal. Extending deals, though, is precisely the last thing on Leeds's mind.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2012/nov/18/millwall-neil-warnock-leeds-united

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2012, 08:15:15 AM »
Hopefully he can continue his good run for the next few weeks. He has done a really god job for Millwall.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
Should Lakuku be recalled. Wood may well be given a run with the 1st team?

8)

geoff

• WBA Coach

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
Scott Allan has scored for Pompey tonight, currently losing 3-2 at home to Leyton Orient.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2012, 09:44:57 PM »
Scott Allan has scored for Pompey tonight, currently losing 3-2 at home to Leyton Orient.
least they're scoring now. They've had a goal drought since he was suspended.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »
Any news on the accident he was involved in. Is the guy recovering?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
I've noticed that George Thorne has gone on loan to Peterborough for two months.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »
I've noticed that George Thorne has gone on loan to Peterborough for two months.

I find that strange being as we lose Mulumbu to ACON I think in early January.

Is Berahino still there? It will be interesting to see if/how they link up.
Twitter: @floydy1983

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »
I find that strange being as we lose Mulumbu to ACON I think in early January.

Is Berahino still there? It will be interesting to see if/how they link up.

I dont, he is back 3rd January so if he is needed for when Mulumbu goes he will have had 6 weeks competitive action instead of having none like if he stayed here.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Good move for Thorne, i think Peteborough are a decent footballing side.

Also on Twitter just Darragh MacAnthony the Peterborough Owner tweeted saying -

'Really thankful to WBA for loans recently,proper club going in right direction who were pleasure to deal with as opposed to others up top!'

Good words all round for us!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
Really pleased for the young lad to be getting Championship football, I hope he makes a good impact.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »
Good move for Thorne, i think Peteborough are a decent footballing side.

Also on Twitter just Darragh MacAnthony the Peterborough Owner tweeted saying -

'Really thankful to WBA for loans recently,proper club going in right direction who were pleasure to deal with as opposed to others up top!'

Good words all round for us!

That is an impresive endorsement of our policy.
Baggie in Southampton

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
Keep sending them out. Thats how you end up with a real player like a Cleverley or a Sturridge

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:27 PM »
Keep sending them out. Thats how you end up with a real player like a Cleverley or a Sturridge

You picked two naff examples.

I we finally seeing the David Oldfield connection coming into play?

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »
You picked two naff examples.

I we finally seeing the David Oldfield connection coming into play?

What makes you say that Koren? They both play for Top 3 sides. Would they if they hadnt gone out and learnt their craft?

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »
What makes you say that Koren? They both play for Top 3 sides. Would they if they hadnt gone out and learnt their craft?

They do play for too very good teams, but I think they have quite a way to go before they become top players.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
They do play for too very good teams, but I think they have quite a way to go before they become top players.

Both have full international caps. Cant get any higher than that for a young player? The thread is debating the merits of loaning out young players not the best players in the league?