Author Topic: 9 Apr 2019 Bristol City 3 Albion 2  (Read 46914 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

9 Apr 2019 Bristol City 3 Albion 2
« on: March 12, 2019, 10:01:21 PM »
Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion

Tuesday 9th April 2019 19.45pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 10:06:12 PM »

PRICES

Allocation: 2,060

£32 Adults, £29 Seniors 65+, £26 U22, £15 U19, £10 U12

PRICES RISE BY £5 ON THE DAY (EXCEPT JUNIOR CATEGORIES)

SALE DATES

Away Season Ticket Holders - Monday March 4
Home Season Ticket Holders Online - Wednesday March 6
Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Saturday March 9
Members Online - Monday March 11
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Thursday March 14
General Sale - Monday March 18

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 09:15:08 AM »
Got my ticket booked today and planning on a quick scoot down in the car straight from work so any adice on sensible parking options much appreciated
This wasnt too helpfull from https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/ashton-gate-bristol-city.html#adirections-and-car-parking
Parking at the ground is for permit holders only. There is little if any street parking available nearby. There is the Bedminster Cricket club on Clanage Road (A369) that offers parking, but at a pricey cost of £10 per car. It is then around a ten minute walk to the stadium. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near Aston Gate via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.  Otherwise, it is a case of finding some street parking.
Post Code for SAT NAV: BS3 2EJ
COYB
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:39:48 AM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 02:35:16 PM »
Got my ticket booked today and planning on a quick scoot down in the car straight from work so any adice on sensible parking options much appreciated
This wasnt too helpfull from https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/ashton-gate-bristol-city.html#adirections-and-car-parking
Parking at the ground is for permit holders only. There is little if any street parking available nearby. There is the Bedminster Cricket club on Clanage Road (A369) that offers parking, but at a pricey cost of £10 per car. It is then around a ten minute walk to the stadium. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near Aston Gate via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.  Otherwise, it is a case of finding some street parking.
Post Code for SAT NAV: BS3 2EJ
COYB

Plenty of street parking when we played them in the cup a couple of years ago. If you don't mind a 10/15 minute walk.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:48:33 PM »
The players owe us big time.
They need to play and WIN.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 02:59:07 PM »
Fear the worst here, Adarabiayo and Calamity Kyle as the centre back pairing  :o
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »
We've been awful for weeks barring the 2nd half against Blues.
I dont expect anything from this game

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »
i am sorry but its another loss here.If we do manage to make the playoffs we wont have any momentum. we are being run by a bunch of amatures with their fingers crossed
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 06:29:02 PM »
Going tomorrow , but not expecting too much. Hoping to see Field , Harper and Edwards play some part in the match, and for me Harper should definitely be a starter. Gibbs back in please. As for the rest, well I can't get too enthusiastic about any of them at the moment.
I really thought when I left Loftus Rd on 19th Feb that we were really going for the automatic promotion spots with a vengeance, now I am not even sure that we won't just fall away as Boro have.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 07:28:26 PM »
Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully come away with a result.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 07:54:33 PM »
Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully come away with a result.
If only the team had a positive attitude like yours.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 10:01:17 PM »
Fear the worst here, Adarabiayo and Calamity Kyle as the centre back pairing  :o
If these two start I worry - just do not rate either player, Bartley is as bad as I have seen and Ive seen a few bad ones!
They will fly out of the blocks and I really do think we will have another Leeds roasting on our hands.
It is quote possible we could lose momentum and slip away badly

But, I also have know us for long enough to know we could quite easily win 1 or 2-0 and get us all up again.

I have no idea ::)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 10:36:16 PM »
Dawson will be back I think. Given the Hegazi suspension I would play Bartley ahead of Adarabiyo. Just my opinion. Most importantly we must get some younger legs into that midfield. Selection of team will be interesting. Let’s see if Shan can be bold. Won’t hold my breath.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 08:41:19 AM »
Playing against the person who I think should be one of our targets for next head coach next season (if we remain in the championship).

I think we will lose this one to be honest. As many have said the performances - barring the 2nd half against blues, have not been very good. I expect City to come out fast paced and if they get a early goal it could be a long night.

As others have said, the team selection will be interesting. We need to freshen up the middle of the park, if Harper isn't an option at the moment then I would be looking to bring Field in place of Johansen. I am assuming Livermore and Brunt will keep their places.

Sure I read yesterday that Bartley is still a doubt so guessing the centre backs will be Tosin and Dawson.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

He reffed our 2-1 win against Stoke in September.

81 yellows and 4 reds in 26 games.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
Sure I read yesterday that Bartley is still a doubt so guessing the centre backs will be Tosin and Dawson.

We'll find out later for sure of course but I was also under this impression re: Bartley and Dawson is only 50/50 aswell.

Could end up with a centre back pairing of Tosin and Holgate if Dawson doesn't pass fit later :-X
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 09:59:30 AM »
None of that midfield 3 from Saturday should be anywhere near the starting 11 tonight. Zero creativity, one shot on target shows that, slow, lazy, weak-willed and cowardly.
Bring in Field, Harper and Barry (if fit). I would also bring in Bond for Calamity Sam.

Same set up as Saturday, with the abhorrent addition of Bartley, and I expect a drubbing.

4-0

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 10:04:39 AM »
None of that midfield 3 from Saturday should be anywhere near the starting 11 tonight. Zero creativity, one shot on target shows that, slow, lazy, weak-willed and cowardly.
Bring in Field, Harper and Barry (if fit). I would also bring in Bond for Calamity Sam.

Same set up as Saturday, with the abhorrent addition of Bartley, and I expect a drubbing.

4-0

Still annoys me that we haven't given more game time to Hoolahan. One of the only midfielders we have who has a bit of composure and can pick a pass, yet hardly even makes the bench nowadays.

Just goes to show how bad our recruitment has been when you think, Mears, Hoolahan, Murphy, Montero, Johansen have all been hardly used, adding that Tosin and Bartley haven't really earned any rave reviews either.

God help us in the summer.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 11:26:53 AM »
Yep, out of everyone it's only Hoolahan who hasn't really let us down and he is the only one who never gets a look in. Obviously doesn't have enough service at the club.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 11:30:26 AM »
Think we will lose this one tonight

I simply dont fancy us against a very good and very well organised Bristol City side.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »
Dawson may well feature  tonight as he was sick rather than injured, same with Barry.

Matt Phillips might be in contention at the weekend.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/april/shan-provides-fitness-update/?g4id=10

I think I'd rather have Dawson and Bartley rather than Dawson and Adabarioyo, but neither Bartley or Adabarioyo fill me with confidence.

Midfield wise I wouldn't mind if Brunt kept his place, mainly for his dead balls which have been pretty good these last few weeks and we don't really have anyone else (fit) that can take a decent corner, but we need to have Harper and Field in over Livermore and Johansen.

I think I'd go for something like   

Johnstone

Holgate                      Dawson                                 Bartley                     Gibbs

Field                    Brunt         

Edwards                               Harper                             Rodriguez

Gayle

Subs: Bond, Adabarioyo, Mears, Livermore,  Hoolihan, Murphy, Robson-Kanu.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 05:47:10 PM »
I've reached the point of honestly just not caring in the slightest now.

We are an utter shambles from top to bottom, will wait and see what happens in the summer now as to my continued participation as an Albion fan.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »
I've reached the point of honestly just not caring in the slightest now.

We are an utter shambles from top to bottom, will wait and see what happens in the summer now as to my continued participation as an Albion fan.

You have to care after all this is our club!. I get where you are coming from but we will never lose our passion and that is what the people who run the club have to realise.