Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 268645 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #400 on: October 03, 2016, 03:32:29 PM »
You don't get to be a WBA heavyweight champion without fighting anyone decent. People throughout his whole career have tried to discredit his boxing talent just because of his personality and off the ring antics, despite the fact he still has never lost a fight.

Though the greatest heavyweight ever, not by a long way.

Did he fight a 100% Vlad. Of corse not

However if Fury were to get himself clean and fit, he would still beat anyone currently in this division, including the British publics golden boy AJ

Greatest ever's are very subjective. You are right though Fury is in no way the greatest ever if nothing else simply because he hasn't had the chance to prove it. Could he have been? The odds are probably not but you can't prove anything that hasn't happened. His overall record is not even close to greatest of all time. Is he the best around at the moment - yes and that will remain as no-one has had the chance to prove otherwise. I'm sure he'd beat the likes of Joshua.

Was Klitschko not 100%? I'm not convinced he wasn't but I think subsequent performances will tell us more.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2016, 03:34:08 PM »
Id still be amazed if Fury doesnt fight again. Maybe not this year, maybe not next, but I can't imagine its the last we will see of him.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #402 on: October 03, 2016, 03:36:01 PM »
You don't get to be a WBA heavyweight champion without fighting anyone decent. People throughout his whole career have tried to discredit his boxing talent just because of his personality and off the ring antics, despite the fact he still has never lost a fight.

However if Fury were to get himself clean and fit, he would still beat anyone currently in this division, including the British publics golden boy AJ

I quite like his personality in terms of how he comes across in interviews... says what he wants kind of thing, you need that in boxing to make it interesting otherwise it would be full of fighters licking each others arses.

But I do believe he caught Vlad on an off day, recon it would of been different if the fight was to happen again.

As for AJ, it looks like we won't see that now but fury said himself that joshua bullied him in training and he couldn't cope, hit him so hard felt like he wouldn't of got back up etc etc....... since then joshua has improved whilst fury can't be arsed to train properly and spends his time partying and taking drugs.... maybe the 'golden boy' would shock a few critics.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #403 on: October 03, 2016, 03:40:22 PM »
I quite like his personality in terms of how he comes across in interviews... says what he wants kind of thing, you need that in boxing to make it interesting otherwise it would be full of fighters licking each others arses.

But I do believe he caught Vlad on an off day, recon it would of been different if the fight was to happen again.

As for AJ, it looks like we won't see that now but fury said himself that joshua bullied him in training and he couldn't cope, hit him so hard felt like he wouldn't of got back up etc etc....... since then joshua has improved whilst fury can't be arsed to train properly and spends his time partying and taking drugs.... maybe the 'golden boy' would shock a few critics.

Ignore EVERYTHING to do with sparring there are literally hundreds of stories that never made any sense. 

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #404 on: October 03, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »

He may if fit beat AJ As he ain't as good as made out wilder though will eventually go on to clean this classless boxing division up if the different boxing boards would allow him to

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #405 on: October 03, 2016, 03:59:25 PM »
Think a fit Fury vs a fit Wilder would be a pretty close contest. Doubt it will ever happen now.

I think calling it a classless division is a bit harsh though.

That being said i'm not sure any of the current heavyweights would be in the top 5 or even top 10 pound for pound boxers (triple G being 1st imo)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »
Taken it back now apparently. Not retired.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #407 on: October 03, 2016, 04:11:33 PM »

Ignore EVERYTHING to do with sparring there are literally hundreds of stories that never made any sense.

Fury was asked in an interview live on radio his thoughts on joshua and he said something along the lines of, we train at the same gym and sparred a few times, I've never felt anyone hit so hard if we didn't stop and he caught me I don't think I would of got back up.

Makes perfect sense to me. Anyway, the tool has changed his mind again so we might see them fight after all :)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #408 on: October 03, 2016, 04:13:33 PM »
He may if fit beat AJ As he ain't as good as made out wilder though will eventually go on to clean this classless boxing division up if the different boxing boards would allow him to

What makes him not as good as made out? Knocking out every guy who's put infront of him so far is about as good as you can do, he's done that so far... what do you expect of him? He can only knock out what's put infront of him we ain't seen anything yet to make anyone say ok he's not as good as people say.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #409 on: October 03, 2016, 04:26:13 PM »
I think one of the issues regarding AJ is we've never seen him go 12 rounds so we don't know how well he would shape up against a good defensive boxer who is hard to hit.

Re Fury, I hope he gets himself clean and healthy both physically and mentally, and the rematch with Vlad finally gets on

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #410 on: October 03, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
What makes him not as good as made out? Knocking out every guy who's put infront of him so far is about as good as you can do, he's done that so far... what do you expect of him? He can only knock out what's put infront of him we ain't seen anything yet to make anyone say ok he's not as good as people say.
I said earlier in this thread and stick by it he's to muscle bound,sure he can punch.Bruno could but it don't half burn energy and he was basically out on his feet against white but found that punch,just as well as whyte was catching up with him

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #411 on: October 03, 2016, 04:48:46 PM »
Think a fit Fury vs a fit Wilder would be a pretty close contest. Doubt it will ever happen now.

I think calling it a classless division is a bit harsh though.

That being said i'm not sure any of the current heavyweights would be in the top 5 or even top 10 pound for pound boxers (triple G being 1st imo)
Classless compared to past eras,and  wilders 37 wins with 36 ko.s is rather impressive

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2016, 05:03:34 PM »
I said earlier in this thread and stick by it he's to muscle bound,sure he can punch.Bruno could but it don't half burn energy and he was basically out on his feet against white but found that punch,just as well as whyte was catching up with him
Not sure that's correct, Whyte caught him in round 2 or 3 and didn't really get to Joshua after that, while he was getting caught with solid shots throughout.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #413 on: October 03, 2016, 05:06:50 PM »
Not sure that's correct, Whyte caught him in round 2 or 3 and didn't really get to Joshua after that, while he was getting caught with solid shots throughout.
The point I was making is AJ was knackered,just like Bruno used to get,only a first half fighter IMO with that kind of physique, if he can't drop them and he could if he tags them  then he is fooked.time will bear this out
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:08:54 PM by barnestormer »

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #414 on: October 03, 2016, 06:44:03 PM »

He's one of the most athletic heavyweight boxers around today, it does burn a lot of energy but when there are 2 boxers both throwing heavy punches both getting tired then it comes down to the one who can push themselves that little bit further.... and when you compare the extent joshua trains compared to the extent people like fury train.... my vote would be with joshua lasting longer.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #415 on: October 03, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »
He's one of the most athletic heavyweight boxers around today, it does burn a lot of energy but when there are 2 boxers both throwing heavy punches both getting tired then it comes down to the one who can push themselves that little bit further.... and when you compare the extent joshua trains compared to the extent people like fury train.... my vote would be with joshua lasting longer.
No way is he athletic,he looks more suited to weight lifting,if you want to see athletic in a boxer look at wilder

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #416 on: October 03, 2016, 10:21:15 PM »
No way is he athletic,he looks more suited to weight lifting,if you want to see athletic in a boxer look at wilder

Have you saw the way he trains? Do you know the meaning of athletic?

Someone actually asked him that in an interview about how much he lifts.... Until the last year he didn't lift no weights it was purely just eating right and punchbag training etc... we can judge joshua due to not fighting anyone spectacular yet but you can't take away how much he puts into his training. 

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #417 on: October 03, 2016, 10:21:44 PM »
I haven't seen a lot of Wilder but he seems to be pretty laid back bordering on lazy for periods of fights and then has very explosive bursts. On the rare occasions Joshua has been taken past the early rounds he does seem to realise he has to fight within himself a bit, he did that against Whyte and then found the punches to finish it. I get what you're saying though, he certainly wouldn't be able to fight at pace for 12 rounds....somewhere down the line he might well have to find something in the later rounds which would be the big test.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #418 on: October 03, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »
Have you saw the way he trains? Do you know the meaning of athletic?

Someone actually asked him that in an interview about how much he lifts.... Until the last year he didn't lift no weights it was purely just eating right and punchbag training etc... we can judge joshua due to not fighting anyone spectacular yet but you can't take away how much he puts into his training.
not taking anything away from him at all,hes got a version of the belt and fair play to him but he reminds me so much of bruno.i like the bloke as well but he will do well to hang on to that belt and he certainly wont rule the division,last good heavyweight we had was lewis when he was a spritely young one not in his late years for me,couldnt carry the extra weight he put on but just about survived by doing so

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #419 on: October 07, 2016, 12:40:09 PM »
Did anyone see the Nathan Cleverley fight over the weekend with the German guy?

They were not messing about in the last two rounds - an excellent punch up. Pity the German had to retire - he knew he had been in a fight so well done Nathan...... 
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #420 on: October 07, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
Did anyone see the Nathan Cleverley fight over the weekend with the German guy?

They were not messing about in the last two rounds - an excellent punch up. Pity the German had to retire - he knew he had been in a fight so well done Nathan......

I was a bit disappointed with Braehmer to be honest I expected him to see off Cleverly. It was a close fight until the injury but I thought most of the quality work came from the German. I'd expect him to win a re-match.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #421 on: October 07, 2016, 03:37:40 PM »
They can't be serious about Haye v Shannon Briggs at the Principality stadium (Millenium)  in Cardiff.....there'll be around 70,000 empty seats if that's the main event.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #422 on: October 08, 2016, 10:56:53 PM »
They can't be serious about Haye v Shannon Briggs at the Principality stadium (Millenium)  in Cardiff.....there'll be around 70,000 empty seats if that's the main event.
just shows the glaring lack of real quality in the HW division atm,think it would be a good scrap though.
hookem anybody?he made short work of woolfe :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:59:32 PM by barnestormer »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #423 on: October 08, 2016, 11:33:49 PM »
just shows the glaring lack of real quality in the HW division atm,think it would be a good scrap though.
hookem anybody?he made short work of woolfe :D
It's not so much that they would be fighting, but a 70,000 capacity stadium? If it was third on the bill to Selby v Frampton and something else then that would be half sensible...maybe something like that is cooking.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2016, 04:45:50 PM »
Looking like fury about to be stripped of his remaining titles this Wednesday setting up a klitchko v Joshua winner takes all fight in December,sorry but my money will be on klitchko, can't see any other result if Joshua can't drop him early doors and feel klitchko is to cute to avoid that happening